VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This comes off of here: http://www.pspsps.tv/

QUOTE said:
Sony's Jack Tretton has hit out at the Wii saying that developers are setting themselves up for a big fall by flocking to the Nintendo stable.

Tretton feels that developers are flocking to the Wii based solely on its initial success and that in the future consumer tastes will shift leaving the developers all up a creek without a Wiimote for a paddle.

He cites two games that spawned a number of clones as justification saying "Tomb Raider was a revolutionary product on the PlayStation. Everyone tried to do a rip off. By the time they got there, it was too late. When Grand Theft Auto came out, everybody gravitated to Grand Theft Auto."

I think he's just being mouthy, bitter and stupid...but nice to see his and that attitude of his eat some crow for once. He cites two games that spawned a number of clones as justification on his outburst saying “Tomb Raider was a revolutionary product on the PlayStation. Everyone tried to do a rip off. By the time they got there, it was too late. When Grand Theft Auto came out, everybody gravitated to Grand Theft Auto.”

What do you guys think? Sour Grapes? Is Tretton just sore that so many apparently exclusive PS3 titles are also appearing on other platforms? Is he annoyed that the SIXAXIS is thus far pretty much ignored and underutilised? Or is he right are developers putting too must into the Wii?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, doesn't Sony force developers to make the SIXAXIS optional in all games?

The developers are flocking to Wii because it has so many non gaming folk attached and they can shell out a few cookie-cutter games and have them sell tons.

Anyways I love that SP episode.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
He does something right, at least he doesn't mention sony's crappy first-party titles since he's so ashamed of them!
Funnier is the fact that they decided to follow nintendo with the sixaxis!

Lawd, how things change.

lanleague

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is right in a sense. 3rd parties really need to step up their Wii efforts.

Nintendo is definitely carrying the system right now, but mostly on Wii Sports and Zelda. This fall will be awesome, but I wonder what's next.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks to me like Jack pretty much summed up how much the PS3 is sucking in sales (compared to what they expected to do).

Now about that money you promised to anyone that found a PS3 on the shelve for longer than 5 minutes... I saw a skid worth (probably at least 3 dozen) sitting at Best Buy the other day. I was in the store for at least half an hour, and no one bought even one of them. I think you owe me thousands, bucko
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
He is right in a sense. 3rd parties really need to step up their Wii efforts.
True dat. Most of the games right now are just PS2 ports with a Wiimote control scheme slapped on to make it "Wii".

EDIT: As for Tretton... Why yes, developers are "flocking to the Wii based solely on its initial success" because what defines "success"? The number of consoles sold. A lot of consoles = a huge customer base, and developers want in on that. And the positive feedback loop is complete (cue manic laughter): more customers = more devs = more games = more customers.

Bwahahahaaaaa.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bitching about the winning company doesn't suddenly make your product sell another 5 million to catch up, it just makes you look stupid.

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^Exactly which is why I posted it. The guy is always crying and whining about the reality of the PS3 situation, just as the other poster mentioned about his bullshit promise to write checks to anyone who finds a PS3 on the shelf like 8mo ago in that EGM mag.

The guy is a purebred dick and I really have to wonder how long he'll last being that way since Sony's home office loves to sweep away stupid rubbish eventually when they get too loud and stupid looking.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've skipped the while convo and clicked FAST REPLY to say this.
I think the Wiimote is a novelty. There. So is the shitload of games that come out of Japan (most notably for the DS)

But that doesn't mean I wish I had a Wii and a copy of SSBB.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
*tretton*

*sigh*
what is with these morons giving retarded statements?
even if he really feels that is the case, he should understand that by saying it, he only appears to be a jealous, childish fool.

look at what he's saying:
"developers will be sorry they're investing money into the most successful console of this generation"
you have to be a retard to advise the other option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google