Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
playstation move copying the wii?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpNdkm9s8AY

okay.

both companies can have similar ideas - it doesn't mean they're copying, shows how good they are.

i can't say the same for microsoft however.

Reactions: 2 people

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This isn't stealing, but it certainly isn't innovation. Sony just takes an established idea and improves upon it. Too bad it will probably turn into a stagnant addon no one uses, like Move. Sure a few games use it if you feel like it, but it gets NOWHERE near the use wii games use. PS3 devs just don't give a shit about Move.

Pretty much they don't bother trying to create anything innovative, they just sit back and let others create innovative ideas, then they swoop in, take that idea, and improve it to try and one up the competition.

Reactions: 5 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sony copys everything:

This: Xbox Kinect
Playstation Move: Wii
PS Vita WAAR(Wide Area Augmented Reality): 3DS AR(Augmented Reality)
And a lot more.
Wow, you are deluded.

Ever heard of EyeToy before?

Eyetoy ---> Kinect ---> This
Dreamcast Motion Control ---> WiiMote ---> PSMove
EyeToy/Eyetoy PSP (Invizimals, EyePets) ---> 3DS AR ---> PS Vita WAAR

And alot more of cases I'd have to correct for you.

I really dislike the term "stealing" as to me, practically, all good technology should be implemented. AR is popular? Let's add AR to the console. Cameras are popular? Let's add that. Motion Controls? Let's do that then.

The winner is the one who executes all those in the best fashion possible, and there is never a clear winner due to the fact that opinions on systems are subjective.

If we were to think in your categories, I could make a huge list of what "Nintendo Stole", but I don't see a point.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is there anything or anyone $ony won't ripoff?! any $ the ps4 will have a wiimote, tablet controller or some type of ripoff the same plus a kinect ripoff all rolled into 1 big box of overpriced crap! :lol:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
is there anything or anyone $ony won't ripoff?! :lol:
It was *Microsoft* that ripped off Sony if you really want to argue on that level, how is that difficult to comperhend?

the ps4 will have a wiimote, tablet controller or some type of ripoff the same plus a kinect ripoff all rolled into 1 big box of overpriced crap! :lol:

What you wanted to say was PSMove backwards compatibility, an option to use the Vita as a touch controller and EyeToy2.0? Yeah, it just might, because those are all original Sony products.

matt382

Trophies
XP
Country
Every games console stole from Magnavox!!!

Behold: The true innovation of home gaming!!
800px-Magnavox-Odyssey-Console-Set.png

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
guys guys Sony did not copy anything from Microsoft

they copy their eye toy from the sega dream eye in the first place
No, DreamEye was practically only a digital camera with edititing software that worked with the Dreamcast, it's nothing like the EyeToy which by definition is a permanent add-on for the console that is used in gameplay. The DreamEye was just for making photos and for limited Video Chat.

It's a "web cam/camera" versus "controller" sort of relation.

matt382

Trophies
XP
Country
Fanboys : They don't like their favorite system, they just hate yours.

What's worse is, they don't get anything for defending them anyway.

Xbox and Sony fanboys get Achievements and Trophies. What do Nintendo fanboys get.
LOLOLOLOLOOOOLOLO

I joke of course.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Get over it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That way nothing that isn't bought will ever succeed. As far as this goes, it's all options. Look at mobile phones for example. The iPhone wasn't the first mobile phone, but it sure did innovate the industry regardless of the blatant "copying"! Haters gonna hate, but I prefer the choice of choosing one or the other. You can all go back to living life with only one option to choose from. There are many countries around and about that give that option and look where that got them. May be a bit extreme, but if a thing works, then use it.

Hell if copying wasn't possible and sometimes sought after, Toyota wouldn't be the market leader level car manufacturer. Microsoft would never have Windows OS, let alone Apple Mac OS. If I happen to invent something and someone takes part of my idea and develops it further, then by all means! Especially when the whole thing in question this time isn't even copying. Saying X copied Y is just as stupid as saying Nintendo should be the only one making consoles. Sure we'd have Wii, but boy would people miss on the PS3/360 offerings. Nothing like that has been and ever will be available on the Wii. The WiiU maybe, but that's still an unreleased console and also next gen..

Reactions: 3 people

Briadark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Get over it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That way nothing that isn't bought will ever succeed. As far as this goes, it's all options. Look at mobile phones for example. The iPhone wasn't the first mobile phone, but it sure did innovate the industry regardless of the blatant "copying"! Haters gonna hate, but I prefer the choice of choosing one or the other. You can all go back to living life with only one option to choose from. There are many countries around and about that give that option and look where that got them. May be a bit extreme, but if a thing works, then use it.

Hell if copying wasn't possible and sometimes sought after, Toyota wouldn't be the market leader level car manufacturer. Microsoft would never have Windows OS, let alone Apple Mac OS. If I happen to invent something and someone takes part of my idea and develops it further, then by all means! Especially when the whole thing in question this time isn't even copying. Saying X copied Y is just as stupid as saying Nintendo should be the only one making consoles. Sure we'd have Wii, but boy would people miss on the PS3/360 offerings. Nothing like that has been and ever will be available on the Wii. The WiiU maybe, but that's still an unreleased console and also next gen..
Ok I know all companys copy's from each other but my point is Sony(Fanboys) always say bad things about Nintendo and now it's our turn to say bad things back ;)!
But wathever forgot about this whole discusion and let it be so.

Briadark

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Ok I know all companys copy's from each other but my point is Sony(Fanboys) always say bad things about Nintendo and now it's our turn to say bad things back ;)!

Briadark

This is why fanboys are irritating children and thus everyone with half a brain wishes they'll just shut the fuck up.

Briadark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Briadark

This is why fanboys are irritating children and thus everyone with half a brain wishes they'll just shut the fuck up.
Yeah but without those fanboys there would be sold less games and companies would go bankrupt.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
With regards to the PS Move, I don't think Sony is stealing from Nintendo, but I do think they went back to work on their original idea with the EyeToy when Wii motion gaming began to take flight. Not stealing, just inspired to continue an existing idea. And in that regard, I also think Nintendo didn't steal from Sony because the EyeToy came before the Wiimote, as Nintendo's method of motion gaming existed decades before with the Power Glove, yet perhaps they were inspired by the Eye Toy to continue their idea of the PG into what we know now as the Wiimote. There's a large gap between the PG and the ET that any consideration of "stealing" is just plain silly.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah but without those fanboys there would be sold less games and companies would go bankrupt have to start thinking creatively to sell their products.
Fixed that for you. There's a difference between being a fan and being able to criticize products you like in a creative fashion and being a fanboy and gobbling up whatever crap is released.

Reactions: 1 person

Briadark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah but without those fanboys there would be sold less games and companies would go bankrupt have to start thinking creatively to sell their products.
Fixed that for you. There's a difference between being a fan and being able to criticize products you like in a creative fashion and being a fanboy and gobbling up whatever crap is released.
XD!!! you're right I totaly agree!!!
I am a fanboy but not a extreme one I play on Playstations and on Xbox's!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it +1