Sony unveils The Last of Us: Part II PlayStation 4 Pro limited edition console

tU1hCPZ.png

49910756986_972aa82937_h.jpg 49910759831_c788c38656_h.jpg 49911054277_e434ceebe5_h.jpg

Need a nice looking PlayStation 4 for when The Last of Us: Part II finally releases? Sony has your back, with a new limited edition bundle, which packs together a specially designed DualShock 4, PlayStation Gold Wireless headset, a 2TB Seagate external hard drive, and most importantly, a PlayStation 4 Pro console, all featuring unique The Last of Us themed designs. The special edition system will launch on the same day as the game, June 19th, or you can buy the DualShock 4 Gold Headset, and Game Drive all seperately, for $64.99, $99.99, and $89.99, respectively.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

Why did they even bother? The console itself is just an all-around dumb purchase for the average consumer who knows a successor is around the corner and it's not like the "hardcore" fans are going to make up for it. Besides, those of us in Latin America would never even have the chance to buy this edition anyway: it's going to be released here with jacked up prices as usual.
On the topic of the additional purchases, are people still willing to spend $ 60 for a controller? I honestly believe that the PS4 controller is just lacking in comparison to the Xbox One controller, and not even the latter option is worth it. US$ 60 is around R$ 340 (at the time of writing -- next month it might as well be R$ 1000), which is effectively a third of the minimal monthly wage here. Even high quality shoes are cheaper than that. It's just not worth that much money, limited edition or not.

No this wil still sel as people won't hav the patience to wait whenever tht wil be and the game is stealthy story driven so performance doesn't really matter as much

Did you really get offended by a random person on the internet saying that a product you have zero involvement with won't sell well? Sony owes you nothing in return.

Reactions: digipimp75

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you really get offended by a random person on the internet saying that a product you have zero involvement with won't sell well? Sony owes you nothing in return.
No just pointing out tht it wil sel as even if the ps5 arrives in November which is still months away as when you look at sales figures for consoles youl stil see thousands of new ps4s sold throughout the world and those of us tht play playstation want it to do wel so we are involved as they help us and we help them - but I'm not a fan of the design it needed color of some sort or something else related to the game

D

Deleted User

No just pointing out tht it wil sel as even if the ps5 arrives in November which is still months away as when you look at sales figures for consoles youl stil see thousands of new ps4s sold throughout the world and those of us tht play playstation want it to do wel so we are involved as they help us and we help them - but I'm not a fan of the design it needed color of some sort or something else related to the game
I'm sorry, but it's really hard to understand you. Would you mind using some more commas?
If I understood correctly, you're saying that Sony will help "us" if we buy this console, correct? How exactly is that supposed to work? They're selling blatantly overpriced consoles with some small decorations, they've been doing it for years. That's not what I call generosity.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but it's really hard to understand you. Would you mind using some more commas?
If I understood correctly, you're saying that Sony will help "us" if we buy this console, correct? How exactly is that supposed to work? They're selling blatantly overpriced consoles with some small decorations, they've been doing it for years. That's not what I call generosity.
IDK if i would call the PS4 "blatantly overpriced" after all the slim is only 200 dollars- the price of a switch lite
He's saying that the PS4 is still going to sell despite the PS5 coming out in the following months

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A few pound here and ther doesn't bother me as I'm sure thers mor people to pay while making limited edition machines like naughty dog getting a cut - so are you saying nintendo and Microsoft don't overcharge ther history of limited edition machines - I don't kno as never bought a limited edition console - seems like you just don't like Sony to me

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few pound here and ther doesn't bother me as I'm sure thers mor people to pay while making limited edition machines like naughty dog getting a cut - so are you saying nintendo and Microsoft don't overcharge ther history of limited edition machines - I don't kno as never bought a limited edition console - seems like you just don't like Sony to me
... to be fair the Animal Crossing Switch (before it got stolen and pricejacked by scalpers) was the same price as a normal switch

D

Deleted User

IDK if i would call the PS4 "blatantly overpriced" after all the slim is only 200 dollars- the price of a switch lite
He's saying that the PS4 is still going to sell despite the PS5 coming out in the following months

I should've been more specific. The special edition will be blatantly overpriced upon release here in my country. The PS4 still costs around USD$350 here (with zero games bundled, by the way). In contrast, an Xbox One S with no games sells for around USD$193. The PS4 is overpriced here, with zero doubt, and the Xbox One was the obvious choice for me a few years ago.

Nintendo is known for overpricing, and they just straight up don't give a shit about people who live in Latin America. I won't buy their products again, there's no reason to do that. As for Microsoft, as shitty as they are, they at the very least know people exist in the southern hemisphere, and the Game Pass was really useful to me. And no, I don't dislike Sony. I bought a Vita and it's one of the best purchases I've done, I still play it frequently. I'm just bothered by their decision, it's like they know people are going to buy it regardless of its quality. There's no reason for anyone to buy it over a PS5, for instance. Sure, the PS5 may be more expensive ($100, maybe?), but it will be useful for much longer, especially seeing that it will be also compatible with selected PS4 games.

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should've been more specific. The special edition will be blatantly overpriced upon release here in my country. The PS4 still costs around USD$350 here (with zero games bundled, by the way). In contrast, an Xbox One S with no games sells for around USD$193. The PS4 is overpriced here, with zero doubt, and the Xbox One was the obvious choice for me a few years ago.

Nintendo is known for overpricing, and they just straight up don't give a shit about people who live in Latin America. I won't buy their products again, there's no reason to do that. As for Microsoft, as shitty as they are, they at the very least know people exist in the southern hemisphere, and the Game Pass was really useful to me. And no, I don't dislike Sony. I bought a Vita and it's one of the best purchases I've done, I still play it frequently. I'm just bothered by their decision, it's like they know people are going to buy it regardless of its quality. There's no reason for anyone to buy it over a PS5, for instance. Sure, the PS5 may be more expensive ($100, maybe?), but it will be useful for much longer, especially seeing that it will be also compatible with selected PS4 games.
I can see where you're coming from. Since i'm a spoiled american brat who's lived there my entire life i don't have to deal with overpriced consoles, but yeah i get it's harder for you.
Though you should just build/buy a gaming PC- the longevity of those is far greater than any console and parts to build one are probably cheap where you live

D

Deleted User

I can see where you're coming from. Since i'm a spoiled american brat who's lived there my entire life i don't have to deal with overpriced consoles, but yeah i get it's harder for you.
Though you should just build/buy a gaming PC- the longevity of those is far greater than any console and parts to build one are probably cheap where you live

You have a point, it would make much more sense to just build an appropriate gaming PC. I've been thinking about getting one for a few years now, I guess I'll wait until the release of a game that really grabs my attention (like MGS V). Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end