Sony to release 5 mobile games by next fiscal year

image.jpeg

According to CNBC, they have received reports that Sony's PlayStation division will be creating 5 mobile titles for iOS/Android, which will be released sometime in the next fiscal year. These games will initially release in Japan, and then follow in Asia territories.

:arrow: Source

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So Nintendo should keep the IP and continue to do nothing with it but destroy?
The only destruction they've done with it amounts to Samus' personality, on a game even the other developers disliked.

Federation Force is a great game despite not being a main one.

The only destruction of substance here is being caused by the "fans" of the series and no one else.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
If only Sony had a portable PlayStation they could release these games on.
PS Vita is dead man, it just couldn't compete with the 3DS.

initially release in Japan, and then follow in Asia territories
This is where they're making a mistake, Pokemon Go, for example, released in Australia and North America July 6th, Europe July 13th, and Japan July 22nd.

Burlsol

Trophies
XP
Country
Welp, looks like game companies are starting to jump on the mobile bandwagon.

...and here I am, without a phone.
Regardless how you and most gamers feel about the matter, the unfortunate truth is that the mobile market is where there is the most growth (in Japan). PC gaming has almost no presence outside of a small group of enthusiasts. Even console gaming is seen as something lame for old people. The new generation spends dozens of hours a week looking at their phone, with almost every person having one or multiple devices. They would be stupid not to try and getting into the market. They have to do something in the span of the next 5-50 years before VR actually becomes viable for more than shooting galleries and 10 minute tech demos.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
PS Vita is dead man, it just couldn't compete with the 3DS.

This is where they're making a mistake, Pokemon Go, for example, released in Australia and North America July 6th, Europe July 13th, and Japan July 22nd.
But Niantic was an American developer, right? Playstation is Japanese, so it would make sense their stuff would need to be localized first.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I don't find this as a good thing at all, speccially considering the direction the industry is taking these days. I can almost smell the shovelware games with Playstation logo or something.

Everyone is jumping to Mobile games because they're cheaper to make and the income is bigger. That's why Mobile gaming is sinonymous of cheap garbage.

Last edited by Autz,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The only destruction they've done with it amounts to Samus' personality, on a game even the other developers disliked.

The only destruction of substance here is being caused by the "fans" of the series and no one else.
The last good Metroid game was released 9 years ago. If Sony had the Metroid IP they would at least try to compete with Halo.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: nxwing and Autz

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Federation force doesn't even have the same art style as part metroid games.
Other M for all of it's flaws at least had the atmosphere of a metroid game and looked like a metroid game.
Federation force just looks like a random coop shooter (with f*cking mii characters) that they slapped the metroid franchise on.
Happy 30th anniversary Metroid.

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Federation force doesn't even have the same art style as part metroid games.
Other M for all of it's flaws at least had the atmosphere of a metroid game and looked like a metroid game.
Federation force just looks like a random coop shooter (with f*cking mii characters) that they slapped the metroid franchise on.
Happy 30th anniversary Metroid.
Zelda Wind Waker didn't even have the same artstyle, atmosphere nor looked like the other Zeldas. Still a Zelda game.

Ugh, it seems Nintendo will forever have this double standard on them being criticized for stagnation, then bashed when they do different stuff.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Zelda Wind Waker didn't even have the same artstyle, atmosphere nor looked like the other Zeldas. Still a Zelda game.

Ugh, it seems Nintendo will forever have this double standard on them being criticized for stagnation, then bashed when they do different stuff.
there is literally no reason why Federation force couldn't have been a new franchise.
No one would've hated Nintendo for doing everything differently then.

D

Deleted User

If only Sony had a portable PlayStation they could release these games on.

Gee, a Portable PlayStation... A PlayStation Portable... You don't say...

In all seriousness, though, the Vita is dead, and this is proof that Sony is trying to abandon ship.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The last good Metroid game was released 9 years ago. If Sony had the Metroid IP they would at least try to compete with Halo.

This is just a non-starter, suggesting Nintendo sells off it's IP to it's rivals Is just ridiculous. If Sony want to compete with Halo they can create their own IP.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is just a non-starter, suggesting Nintendo sells off it's IP to it's rivals Is just ridiculous. If Sony want to compete with Halo they can create their own IP.
People want another proper Metroid game but Nintendo won't make one because Other M flopped. So if it takes selling the IP off to get another proper Metroid game then so be it.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this is $onys escape plan after their VR fails and the ps4 dies next year the neo won't save them either because they have fuck all games worth playing :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: huh?