Sony to enable Remote Play for all PS3 games on Vita

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't copy someone if the idea isn't even public. If it was nothing more than internal development and stuff without any public patents, it's not "copying".
Never say is was. In fact,I don't even believe that patent isn't close enough to even say they copied.
That said, things can be copied without the public notice.

Thrust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now if they keep with the cloud play support (like how they said some games will be startable on ps3 then grab and go for vita) im fucking sold

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Competition spurs innovation - these words are said by Shuhei Yoshida before. Indeed, entirely true.

One thing i want to confirm: Is this 'remote play' making the Vita just the PS3 controller? Or the whole game on the Vita screen? If its the whole game I'm really sold.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's a sweet idea. Just hope it doesn't kill the battery.

...Doesn't Vita only have two trigger buttons though?... while PS3 has four?
Rear touchpad?
Oh yeah I forgot about that. Lmao. I rather have actual buttons, but making the handheld as small as possible is a good thing, so I guess it can work.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can turn on remote play now on hacked PS3 systems, but I never had much luck with it.
PSP - PS3 connectivity is a lot different than what the PSV - PS3 connectivity is offering. Does anyone know if this is limited to a short range (ie bluetooth or other alternatives) or is it possible to stream via a Wlan anywhere? (expecting the first, but honestly hoping for the latter)..

-Qtis

ps. Sony take all my money!

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can turn on remote play now on hacked PS3 systems, but I never had much luck with it.
PSP - PS3 connectivity is a lot different than what the PSV - PS3 connectivity is offering. Does anyone know if this is limited to a short range (ie bluetooth or other alternatives) or is it possible to stream via a Wlan anywhere? (expecting the first, but honestly hoping for the latter)..

-Qtis

ps. Sony take all my money!

I tried PSP-PS3 and also PC-PS3 (Open Remote Play), and I was not impressed. Many games wouldn't work.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I tried PSP-PS3 and also PC-PS3 (Open Remote Play), and I was not impressed. Many games wouldn't work.

PSP-PS3 connectivity is trash because the PSP didn't have specs to even stream properly. Thus is was kind like trying to put Wii games on a N64. Just doesn't work. Now with the PSV, hopefully we'll see something along the lines of Onlive in PC gaming (ie. though your computer may suck, it doesn't mean that you can't play the game, since it's only streamed to your computer). In theory this is much different that the experiments done so far.. Hopefully they make it work :mellow:

-Qtis

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

By "public" I mean "they never head the idea from the competition". It's hard to copy something you didn't know existed.
But tell me something, how come they come up with it just now ? Only after Nintendo showcased the Wii U at E3 ? I mean they have been working on it since before, but all of a sadden, because ' Nintendo is doing it ' Sony has to put more emphasis on it.
Your answer is the kind of bullshit that Sony fan boys go about all the time.
" Look, after 5 years we got a better and improved ( arguably ) wii remote, and it's called MOVE, and we've been working on it long before Nintendo " sure, yeah right.
It seams to me that this companies do a lot of research, and experiment with a lot of things and file a lot of patents, but then who has the guts to bring something new to the table like for example ship the Wii only with wii remotes packed in, without CC ? If Nintendo hadn't forced developers to give primary support to the wii remote, today we wouldn't have Move or Kinect for sure.
Frankly Guild, I'm sick and tired of your comments. This is a Nintendo oriented forums, we discuss most game systems out there but the place is called GBAtemp, and covers mostly Nintendo platforms with releases and articles.
What the hell are you doing here ? Why every time a discussion sparks you tend to support Sony's strategies and dismiss Nintendo as gimmick ?
How did you even make it as a moderator if all you can do is constantly criticizing Nintendo or it's games ( should I go and fish all your posts in the past couple of years )?
We get it that you like your PSP and PS3.
We get it that the 3DS is useless and underpowered, and Vita will out sell it by millions.
I try to ignore your posts but every time you review or post something I can't help but feel that you aren't been objective but clearly biased toward Sony.
You IRRITATE me, and I'm not one to loose it's patience lightly.

How is this PSV-PS3 different from the Wii U user interface ? What can it do that the Wii U won't be able to do ? I tell you what is is, it will eat up all the batteries of your PSV and offer a butchered version of a PS3 game in a lower resolution with controls issues ( even though they map the shoulder buttons on the touch screen it won't be the same as having the triggers under your fingers ). Totally fail.
The Wii U is built to be played that way, and yes they showed us that you can stream a full game to it at E3 , what where you watching ?
How can you bring us professional , unbiased journalism ( sort of ) if you so heavily lean toward Sony ?
Look , I'm very open minded and I try to play every system out there, I recently finished DeusEX in the 360 and Uncharted on the PS3, but I keep going back to my Wii for more Xenoblade and SS.
You should go back to your PS3, and even better forget about GBAtemp and find a nice Sony forum where you can hang out with other fanboys such as yourself.

Reactions: 1 person

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
^^ You do notice this is a gaming forum but NOT a Nintendo oriented forum? Gbatemp used to host GBA Roms, hence the name.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait can I remotely play my PS3 games, far away from my PS3? Because i'm not seeing much use in downscaling a PS3 game to a small screen and more awkward controller when I have a large HDTV with an actual PS3 controller sitting around.

If I could play PS3 games at work on my vita, cool.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

By "public" I mean "they never head the idea from the competition". It's hard to copy something you didn't know existed.
'Guild is a Sony fanboy'

Top, top overreaction.
I don't think it's an over reaction, I wasn't referring to this post in particular, but all the negativity that Guild's manages to throw at every major Nintendo news, and how he puts a shine on Sony's moves.
^^ You do notice this is a gaming forum but NOT a Nintendo oriented forum? Gbatemp used to host GBA Roms, hence the name.

Hey kid, I've been around for a long time here. Why do you think we have scene releases here that cover GBA, DS, and Wii (retali,VC and Wiiware ) but not PSP, PS3 or even PS2 releases ? What about the xbox360
Surely we have sections now for every platform, but still, ever since the beginning,Nintendo platforms seam to be the main focus here.
Up until recently we had single forums for every nintendo system and a general forum for all other systems, doesn't that tell you something ?
By the way , I also own a PSP and an xbox360, while my brother has a PS3 that I have access to.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
But tell me something, how come they come up with it just now ? Only after Nintendo showcased the Wii U at E3 ? I mean they have been working on it since before, but all of a sudden, because ' Nintendo is doing it ' Sony has to put more emphasis on it.
They tried to do it with the PSP but it didn't work out because the PSP was too limited. So the whole thing got put on the back burner until they had a handheld that could handle it. And the reason they're putting an emphasis on it right now is probably the fact that the Vita is being launched soon so they're building up the hype and trying to pull in PS3 owners.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM