triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, doesn't Sony have higher divisions, like in the music industry? Seems odd that they are doing this, but I guess it's like Foxi says, it may not be necessary to have an extra 10,000 people employed.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Right calculated a few stuffs.

People get around 14400 Euro every year.(guess, I think most people make around the 1200 Euro every month

That is a total of

144 000 000 FREAKING EUROS 0.o

I feel bad for the people who lost their job. D:
That might be the case in your country, however in most Europe, the average salary is way under 1000€, in some countries it's only like 500€ or 700€, in some even less... Don't think that Sony would pay a more than average salary to normal workers, not every country has a high salary like the Nertherlands.

Anyways, seeing as most of the countries are still suffering from recession, it's pretty common for companies to cut jobs they no longer need, 10000 however is quite a lot, and while it'll most likely be like, 40 people or so from each country (I'm guessing since it's global), still a pretty sad thing.

Reactions: 1 person

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just another quick post to add this link http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/09/sony_job_losses/ (although it is largely a report on Nikkei's report) which does mention they are asking for management/manglement bonuses to be given back.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

People get around 14400 Euro every year.(guess, I think most people make around the 1200 Euro every month

That is a total of

That might be the case in your country, however in most Europe, the average salary is way under 1000€, in some countries it's only like 500€ or 700€, in some even less... Don't think that Sony would pay a more than average salary to normal workers, not every country has a high salary like the Nertherlands.

Anyways, seeing as most of the countries are still suffering from recession, it's pretty common for companies to cut jobs they no longer need, 10000 however is quite a lot, and while it'll most likely be like, 40 people or so from each country (I'm guessing since it's global), still a pretty sad thing.

Yeah that is true, but do we know at the moment which country the people are from?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

That is a total of

Yeah that is true, but do we know at the moment which country the people are from?
It said global workforce, so it'll be people from several countries, afterall, Sony has branches in lots of countries, just in Europe theres: Sony Portugal, Sony Greece, Sony Spain, Sony France, Sony UK, Sony Denmark, etc...
http://www.sony-euro...ony_europe.html
That link has some of their european branches there.

Sony is a global monster that exists pretty much everywhere, so the logical thing for them to do, is to remove people from the places they earn the less, and that's usually the poorer countries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."