Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sony to Bundle Wii System with PS3 to Increase Sales
rofl2.gif

QUOTE said:
Tokyo – President of Sony North America Frank Newmark announced today that Sony would begin bundling a Nintendo Wii console with every PlayStation 3 system sold.

Recent sales figures have shown the Wii with more sales than the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 combined.
Newmark hopes the new strategy will boost disappointing sales of the company's gaming system by pairing it with the hot-selling Wii. Newmark said, "By focusing on giving the customer what they want, the sales of the PS3 will improve dramatically."

Newmark confirmed that part of the strategy includes shifting manufacturing at one of Sony's plants from PS3s to Wii systems to meet the expected demand. "I know it sounds unorthodox to manufacture a competitor's product, but if you do the math you'll see that it will help us increase market share," he said.

Many consumers were excited by the news. Thad Dorman of Oklahoma City said, "I've been trying to get my hands on a Wii since it came out. Now if I buy one direct from Sony I get a PS3 in the bundle for less than I could've bought a Wii for by itself."
Related News

Dad Sells Daughter to Buy Playstation 3

Sony Will Follow Microsoft's Lead in Playstation 3 Launch

Xbox Features Active Death Technology

When asked what he would do with two consoles Dorman answered, "I'll play the Wii and probably use the PS3 as a doorstop or something."

A representative for Nintendo confirmed the Sony plan and said that everyone at headquarters thought "the whole thing was pretty weird."

The PS3-Wii bundle will not increase the price of the PlayStation 3 system and will be available the beginning of April. Sony shares traded up on the Nikkei after the announcement.

Source

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
...Sony has been making everyything extreamly cheap lately. However, this is kinda weird... I couldn't help but say that this is a very stupid thing to do, as it hurts their console more than it is now.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
LOL

QUOTE said:
Thursday, December 14 12:00 AM ET
Man Sells Daughter to Buy Son a PS3;
Mom Sells Son to Buy Daughter a Wii

By Brian Briggs

Little Rock, Arkansas – The inflated costs of the new gaming consoles have forced many parents to extreme measures to get their children the latest offerings from Nintendo and Sony. Some reports have people paying over $3000 for a PlayStation 3. Other reports show people camping out for days to be the first to get a Wii. However, they pale in comparison to the tragic story of Marge and Frank Young.

The Youngs had eleven-year-old twins, a son Jim and a daughter, Della. Jim wanted a PlayStation 3 and Della wanted a Wii. The parents, because of layoffs at the chicken plant, were too poor to afford either. However, they didn't want to disappoint their kids.

Frank, who loved his son more than anything, decided to sell his daughter into the Asian sex trade to raise money to buy a PlayStation 3.

Unknown to him, at the same time his wife, Marge, was selling their son to hustlers in Los Angeles to get money to buy a Wii for their daughter.

After returning home from their prospective sales with smiles on their faces and the latest consoles under their arms, the parents realized their tragic mistake. They had a Wii and a Playstation 3, but no children to play with them.

"I had mixed feelings," said Mr. Young. "I was touched that my wife was willing to sell our son to get a Wii for our daughter, but I was pissed off that I had a PS3 and no son to play it with. After a few hours playing Twilight Princess on the Wii, I perked right up though," said Mr. Young.

Mrs. Young, however, was furious, "I'm so angry with Frank for selling Della. Now, some perverted Thai businessman will get to see the look on her face on Christmas morning instead of me."

Two weeks later they were forced to sell their consoles to make bail on charges that they sold their kids.

"No kids and no consoles. It's a tragedy all around," said Mr. Young.

This one´s better

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This one's pretty good, too, because it sounds like something that would actually happen
laugh.gif

(Okay, no, it doesn't.
happy.gif
)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
LOL

QUOTE said:
Thursday, December 14 12:00 AM ET
Man Sells Daughter to Buy Son a PS3;
Mom Sells Son to Buy Daughter a Wii

By Brian Briggs

Little Rock, Arkansas – The inflated costs of the new gaming consoles have forced many parents to extreme measures to get their children the latest offerings from Nintendo and Sony. Some reports have people paying over $3000 for a PlayStation 3. Other reports show people camping out for days to be the first to get a Wii. However, they pale in comparison to the tragic story of Marge and Frank Young.

The Youngs had eleven-year-old twins, a son Jim and a daughter, Della. Jim wanted a PlayStation 3 and Della wanted a Wii. The parents, because of layoffs at the chicken plant, were too poor to afford either. However, they didn't want to disappoint their kids.

Frank, who loved his son more than anything, decided to sell his daughter into the Asian sex trade to raise money to buy a PlayStation 3.

Unknown to him, at the same time his wife, Marge, was selling their son to hustlers in Los Angeles to get money to buy a Wii for their daughter.

After returning home from their prospective sales with smiles on their faces and the latest consoles under their arms, the parents realized their tragic mistake. They had a Wii and a Playstation 3, but no children to play with them.

"I had mixed feelings," said Mr. Young. "I was touched that my wife was willing to sell our son to get a Wii for our daughter, but I was pissed off that I had a PS3 and no son to play it with. After a few hours playing Twilight Princess on the Wii, I perked right up though," said Mr. Young.

Mrs. Young, however, was furious, "I'm so angry with Frank for selling Della. Now, some perverted Thai businessman will get to see the look on her face on Christmas morning instead of me."

Two weeks later they were forced to sell their consoles to make bail on charges that they sold their kids.

"No kids and no consoles. It's a tragedy all around," said Mr. Young.

This one´s better

Hahaha
laugh.gif
Brilliant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE