The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20gb2th.jpg

PlayStation will bring an end to a sixteen-year tradition of DualShock controllers with the release of the PlayStation 4, CVG has learned.

No more DualShock as the default console controller
LCD touch screen on controller aka wiiu ripoff
PS Vita touch UI

Source

Reactions: DinohScene
D

Deleted_171835

If it really is a touch-screen controller, I won't be surprised.

It's the Sony way to copy what Nintendo is doing and make it their own.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Why not just require the vita as a controller?
Because the Vita can't stream with fast and high enough bandwidth for it to work, the Wii U uses a specialized streaming process that's actually faster than what most TV's even are. 60fps no lag at all.
The Vita however just isn't designed to do this.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if this is connected to that universal controller patent from a couple of years back ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/sony-patents-universal-game-controller.209604/ ).

Anyway I really dislike the playstation controller so I am up for this- after about 5 hours on one my hands start to hurt and the shoulder buttons are no fun (indeed they are usually what sees it hurt my hands in addition to being terrible for most gameplay styles).

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to use that boomerang PS3 controller so much, it looked amazing. Anyway, I think this actually will happen, if Sony wishes to compete with Nintendo, they do need to have a console that 3rd party developers will develop games with all the features that they're developing for the competition of the Wii U.

ReBirFh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hopefuly this is true, the playstation controller not only is fugly but completely unergonomic, the position your thumbs stays on it are far from optimal/natural (try to hold an "air" playstation controller a thumb on each analog to see what I'm talking about)
of course a lot of gamers won't think that because they grew with it/the PSX was their first console.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That stinks i love the DS controller i have since PS1. I dont understand how anyone can dislike the controller? 360 controller really? fuck that.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank god the dualshock is so fucking bad. They should just copy the 360 controller instead, that way I wont need an adapter to plug my nextbox controller into the PS4 like I do currently with 360 and PS3.

Also if Sony copies Nintendo, they'll atleast do it better.
No offense to Nintendo, but Move was a lot better than the wiimotes with motion +. Of course, it's a dead unsupported tech that never caught on, but that's beside the point...they kinda forgot their audience is nowhere near the same as Nintendo.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boohoo sony copies nintendo wah.

I think you should all be saying "good job Sony" for using a design that works. I forgot Nintendo had the market cornered on touchscreen controllers with buttons.

Because they definitely could just model it after the Vita (albeit lighter on the hardware of course).

shadow theory

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it will be the only controller, even the WiiU realized the need for a more mainstream styled controller. The playstation 4 could always go the Wii route and make PS3 controllers compatible as well. I'd be very surprised if it was only a tablet controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: