Sony struggling to keep PS5 cost down

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blow away lol you act like yr 2 gens ahead-I kno nothing re building a pc so show everyone here yr specs and how much each part cost and let them decide how much mor powerful it is than a ps4 pro and what games show off its true power

Okay. I can do that, I have zero problems with that. But if I do... will you kneel down, kiss my feet, and admit you were full of shit? I'll just start with this... 2nd hand MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6 GB) - $130. Are you ready to call it quits yet little fella?

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay. I can do that, I have zero problems with that. But if I do... will you kneel down, kiss my feet, and admit you were full of shit? I'll just start with this... 2nd hand MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6 GB) - $130. Are you ready to call it quits yet little fella?
You took yr time to reply so hav you just made stuff up lol and I hav no idea about tht mayb others can check

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You took yr time to reply so hav you just made stuff up lol and I hav no idea about tht mayb others can check

Made up because I took my time to reply? LMFAO!!!!! I replied the moment I logged in today. Sorry I don't live my life waiting for your reply, so that I can reply back instantly. Do I need to take a picture of the inside of my tower, along with a piece of paper with my screen name, plus a 2nd hand parts list of everything in it, along with prices for you? Smh. My god, do some SIMPLE research. And yeah, just a GPU. Which happens to be THE most expensive component in my entire PC. Keep trying though & you'll just continue to embarrass yourself.

Edit:

i5 2500k (running at 4.3 GHz) - $30
GTX 1060 - $115 (My prior $130 price mentioned was including shipping)
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo - $15
32 GB G.Skill Ram - $80
Corsair 850 Watt Power Supply - $45
CoolerMaster Haf X case - $45
ASUS P8Z86-V Pro Gen3 Motherboard - $70

Based on what someone could buy every component in my PC for right now at 2nd hand prices. And it would be $50-$75 less if a person sat and waited on a better deal instead of buying right this second. And it crushes the PS4 Pro that I ALSO own. So yeah, $325-$400 -/+. All it would take you is a quick eBay or used PC parts dealer search. Now sit down, son. You've been proven to be full of crap.

Edit 2: Oops. Forgot the hard drives. Guess I better add another $500 to the price for a 1TB HD. Because you know, it costs HUNDREDS more to build a PC that will beat a PS4 Pro.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Made up because I took my time to reply? LMFAO!!!!! I replied the moment I logged in today. Sorry I don't live my life waiting for your reply, so that I can reply back instantly. Do I need to take a picture of the inside of my tower, along with a piece of paper with my screen name, plus a 2nd hand parts list of everything in it, along with prices for you? Smh. My god, do some SIMPLE research. And yeah, just a GPU. Which happens to be THE most expensive component in my entire PC. Keep trying though & you'll just continue to embarrass yourself.
When ps4 pro was released the equivalent pc would of cost around 700 dollors so for gaming only sony better value thts all I want to kno https://www.gamespot.com/articles/we-built-a-pc-using-ps4-pro-specs-how-does-it-perf/1100-6443491/

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When ps4 pro was released the equivalent pc would of cost around 700 dollors so for gaming only sony better value thts all I want to kno https://www.gamespot.com/articles/we-built-a-pc-using-ps4-pro-specs-how-does-it-perf/1100-6443491/

See my edit to my previous post. What it cost when it came out is at this point in time 100% irrelevant. You're also basing your flawed theories upon some notion that everyone buys pc parts brand new. It's amusing that even after you've been proven wrong, you continue to try to spin things every which way, with zero acknowledgement that you've been proven wrong. I was saying that a PC can be built for NOT hundreds more, that will crush a current gen system, and I proved that fact to be correct. Keep going though. You're pretty amusing at this point.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was expecting 500-600, though I was slightly hoping for a popular ps4 game thrown in for free.

The next generation console should NOT cost the same as the previous generation. That's stupid af.
If you can't afford the latest console, wait until you can. A SLIM version always comes out.

To the guy saying his PC costs $300-400 and blows away a PS4 Pro or XBox One X, as a builder, I call BS.
The RX580 costs around $400 CAD (it's maybe around $160 now since the 5600XT got released this year).
The 1060 costs around the same price.
The CPU will cost anywhere between $300-400 CAD for a good one ($150 for entry-level)
The monitor will cost.
The board will cost $100-$200 CAD.
The RAM will cost $200-300 CAD.
The PSU and Cooling will cost $100-200.

Translated to USD that's already around: $500 USD if we take the lowest prices (not including monitor, mouse, keyboard, SSD or HDD).
So shut up with your lies.

Even if you went ENTRY level everything and spent the minimum amount possible AND did the mail-in rebates (which almost no one does).. https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/XQscCJ/entry-level-intel-gaming-build or https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/DHTwrH/entry-level-amd-gaming-build
(Please note, none of the links above even have cooling or PSU included)

It will cost a $500 USD (after mail-in-rebate, not including the monitor, mouse, keyboard, headphones/speakers, Windows license key, cooling, PSU, etc)

To even have the audacity to make such claims without posting the specs of your PC is beyond me.

How are you guys even comparing with such biased views.. a PC to a console. Let's be real, an entry level PC isn't going to play the latest games for 5 years like a console would.. but it would allow you to do other every day life stuff too so that's a PLUS for PC.

It would be quite very reasonable for the PS5 to cost $500. On ALL the platforms, the cost of games are high anyway. So if you can't afford a console at $500, good luck buying the damn games that cost $80-100 anyway.

I agree completely. To add to what you said, even if, even if you replicated the same parts regardless of price, you'd have large OS overhead and less optimized code (more general) robbing your system resources. Meaning in order to replicate the power of a dedicated console like the ps5 on a PC, you'd have to have much stronger hardware on the PC. And this is not bringing in the fact AMD stripped some of the...parts which work for a general PC but not for gaming, in order to get more out of the hardware...and the gap widens even more. I'm slightly fuzzing over the complexity, but yeah. it'll be a while before a PC can safely compete with the xbox or ps5 without the most expensive of setups and tweaks.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit:

32 GB G.Skill Ram - $80

Based on what someone could buy every component in my PC for right now at 2nd hand prices. And it would be $50-$75 less if a person sat and waited on a better deal instead of buying right this second. And it crushes the PS4 Pro that I ALSO own. So yeah, $325-$400 -/+. All it would take you is a quick eBay or used PC parts dealer search. Now sit down, son. You've been proven to be full of crap.

Edit 2: Oops. Forgot the hard drives. Guess I better add another $500 to the price for a 1TB HD. Because you know, it costs HUNDREDS more to build a PC that will beat a PS4 Pro.

Sure but the problem is that I loved some sory games that aren't for PC like God of War games. I will stick with PS4/PS5. Can't wait. Save your money now because you are going to have plenty time to wait. :)

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure but the problem is that I loved some sory games that aren't for PC like God of War games. I will stick with PS4/PS5. Can't wait. Save your money now because you are going to have plenty time to wait. :)

But I AM a Sony person. I've owned nearly every Sony system to date, including the PS Classic. The Vita & PSTV are the only ones I never had. I am not a PC Elitist. Haha. I LOVE Sony consoles. I was just pointing out that it absolutely does not cost hundreds more to build a PC that is superior to a PS4 Pro. :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I AM a Sony person. I've owned nearly every Sony system to date, including the PS Classic. The Vita & PSTV are the only ones I never had. I am not a PC Elitist. Haha. I LOVE Sony consoles. I was just pointing out that it absolutely does not cost hundreds more to build a PC that is superior to a PS4 Pro. :)

Good to know that and you re absolutely right. I know what you mean. Yeah. I dont understand why either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JustBrandonT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
32 GB G.Skill Ram - $80

It's made up because you literally went to Ebay (not amazon, not any computer stores, not any quality stores online like NewEgg or Mike's Computer Shop, or Swappa or anything.. You went to Ebay knowing it'll have prices cheap enough for you to BS on these forums), searched for the Cheapest possible GSkill RAM and picked it from the TOP of the list: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...XGSkill+32+GB.TRS0&_nkw=GSkill+32+GB&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/G-SKILL-PC...068005?hash=item4212bab725:g:GgwAAOSwt0FeRcFh

Which is exactly that one. It's the ONLY one that is 80$ and used.. and it's also the only one for that price that even comes close to the PS4's memory modules. For the other parts, you scrolled down enough to find the cheapest possible price to post on these forums even though there are higher prices listed for the same parts.

Secondly, DDR3? Are you kidding me? 1600Mhz? Lol.. "Blows away" PS4.. Why do you lie?
I too can go to Ebay and find parts from years ago and claim that I own them and that's what my PC contains and blows PS4 away. I can also say that I got them for the current price that they are on ebay right now.

You have literally scoured the internet for parts that are cheap in price and similar or better than the specs of parts within the PS4 Pro and posting it as if you bought them for that price..
Overclocked to 4.3 Ghz with a shit cooler like that. Lol..
Your CPU has 4 cores. The PS4 Pro has 8..
GPU has 6GB GDDR5.. PS4 Pro has 8GB GDDR5

First of all, if your PC was even built when the PS4 came out, the price would be way higher than what you are quoting right now..

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3hdCZf

That PC currently costs $1000 (NOT including the CPU).. if buying from the places listed (can possibly find them on some other sites for cheaper but f*** buying from ebay)
No one buys a freaking used 1060 GPU for $80 in 2020 (on ebay which is the only place that has it that price) and compares it to a 2013 console.. Your GPU (if your story is even true), has been through hell mining shit coins in the last 5 years. You sure as hell didn't get it for that price years ago either.

Don't compare your shit PC with 2020 prices to a PS4 in 2013 or even 2016 (pro). You didn't pay what you claim. Not with those mining prices on parts anyway. And if you built such a trash PC in 2020 (that BARELY compares to the PS4 PRO), you can't go around comparing it to a PS4 from 2013/2016 and claiming it blows it away.

So the question is:
WHY DO YOU LIE.

Last edited by JustBrandonT,
Reactions: JayMathis

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blow away lol you act like yr 2 gens ahead-I kno nothing re building a pc so show everyone here yr specs and how much each part cost and let them decide how much mor powerful it is than a ps4 pro and what games show off its true power
I’ve got some of my pc specs for you. RTX 2080 super, 32GB ddr4 clocked at 4400Mhz, 18TB of storage, 4TB of gen 4 pci-e NVME m.2 storage, a Ryzen x570 MSI creators motherboard, a Ryzen 9 3950X, and the best part, my set up is liquid cooled. Far more powerful than any console ever made. Cost me only $2700. But again, tell me how console is better than pc you pleb.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve got some of my pc specs for you. RTX 2080 super, 32GB ddr4 clocked at 4400Mhz, 18TB of storage, 4TB of gen 4 pci-e NVME m.2 storage, a Ryzen x570 MSI creators motherboard, a Ryzen 9 3950X, and the best part, my set up is liquid cooled. Far more powerful than any console ever made. Cost me only $2700. But again, tell me how console is better than pc you pleb.

Didn't you just answer your own question? You paid $2700, which will be like the cost of 5 or 6 PS5s. Go brag about your PC somewhere else moron this is a thread about the PS5 nobody cares about your overpriced PC.

Reactions: Rahkeesh

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
even if was 500 quid stil a good price compared to hundreds mor youd hav to pay for a pc with hardly any difference and the hassle of configuring games and settings-plug and play way to go-dont kno what yr on about re fun games are you saying thers hardly any on ps4 bit of a stupid statement saying tht

I honestly feel bad for anyone that takes you seriously... I also feel bad for you if you believe that a $500 system can't be matched by a similarly priced PC, if not beaten. The only saving grace for buying a Playstation these days is the games. The experience is objectively worse, even if you don't agree, than just playing on a PC.

That being said, I do respect that people like their plastic box of choice. I just can't wrap my head around your ignorance.

Last edited by Kioku,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am still more leaning to buy Xbox Series X (but in the end I try to buy all systems), and I expect it for 600€.
I personally don't see a problem with the PS5 being 500€... I still will probably buy it later.
But if it costs 400€ I would -perhaps- get it day one instead of the Series X.

I think those price levels are to be expected TBH.

Reactions: Kioku

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yr the pleb mate I'm comparing price of the pro - all tht money spent and its a bit mor powerful than what Sony did with the pro few years ago - show me the games tht look and play so superior to god of war last of us zero dawn tht blows away the pro -as said before I nothing against pcs and its great to hav best pc about but all tht money spent I expect more of a difference but pcs aren't just for games thts why ther priced mor than consoles so yr paying over the top if using just for games but if can afford then thts great happy gaming we all want nicer graphics and better framerates but for tht price difference I expect 8k games lol but of course we're not ther yet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I honestly feel bad for anyone that takes you seriously... I also feel bad for you if you believe that a $500 system can't be matched by a similarly priced PC, if not beaten. The only saving grace for buying a Playstation these days is the games. The experience is objectively worse, even if you don't agree, than just playing on a PC.

That being said, I do respect that people like their plastic box of choice. I just can't wrap my head around your ignorance.
It all started with the guys comment re his 400 quid pc would blow away the ps4 pro and soz mate if something is gonna blow away the ps4 pro then it has to be least 8k

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd still rather buy a PS5 than an Xbox, but it still depends on what games are available; I didn't enter the PS4 scene until the Pro came out, and by then quite a few games were either already out or were close to. My favourites were Spyro: Reignited (except for Spyro 3) and Persona 5, really, though I did also like the beginning of Watch_Dogs, enjoyed Assassin's Creed Origins, and tried plenty of other games.

Considering the $450-$550 (I imagine) price tag is a one-time investment, it's not that bad in my eyes.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's made up because you literally went to Ebay (not amazon, not any computer stores, not any quality stores online like NewEgg or Mike's Computer Shop, or Swappa or anything.. You went to Ebay knowing it'll have prices cheap enough for you to BS on these forums), searched for the Cheapest possible GSkill RAM and picked it from the TOP of the list: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...XGSkill+32+GB.TRS0&_nkw=GSkill+32+GB&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/G-SKILL-PC...068005?hash=item4212bab725:g:GgwAAOSwt0FeRcFh

Which is exactly that one. It's the ONLY one that is 80$ and used.. and it's also the only one for that price that even comes close to the PS4's memory modules. For the other parts, you scrolled down enough to find the cheapest possible price to post on these forums even though there are higher prices listed for the same parts.

Secondly, DDR3? Are you kidding me? 1600Mhz? Lol.. "Blows away" PS4.. Why do you lie?
I too can go to Ebay and find parts from years ago and claim that I own them and that's what my PC contains and blows PS4 away. I can also say that I got them for the current price that they are on ebay right now.

You have literally scoured the internet for parts that are cheap in price and similar or better than the specs of parts within the PS4 Pro and posting it as if you bought them for that price..
Overclocked to 4.3 Ghz with a shit cooler like that. Lol..
Your CPU has 4 cores. The PS4 Pro has 8..
GPU has 6GB GDDR5.. PS4 Pro has 8GB GDDR5

First of all, if your PC was even built when the PS4 came out, the price would be way higher than what you are quoting right now..

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3hdCZf

That PC currently costs $1000 (NOT including the CPU).. if buying from the places listed (can possibly find them on some other sites for cheaper but f*** buying from ebay)
No one buys a freaking used 1060 GPU for $80 in 2020 (on ebay which is the only place that has it that price) and compares it to a 2013 console.. Your GPU (if your story is even true), has been through hell mining shit coins in the last 5 years. You sure as hell didn't get it for that price years ago either.

Don't compare your shit PC with 2020 prices to a PS4 in 2013 or even 2016 (pro). You didn't pay what you claim. Not with those mining prices on parts anyway. And if you built such a trash PC in 2020 (that BARELY compares to the PS4 PRO), you can't go around comparing it to a PS4 from 2013/2016 and claiming it blows it away.

So the question is:
WHY DO YOU LIE.

So, let me get this straight. eBay prices are not real prices. They are fake, made up prices. You are dumber than a box of rocks. Mining coins? I don't even know how the fuck to use bit ANYthing. So we can cancel that one out right off the top of the bat. You are making a bunch of purely made up assumptions. I provided facts, parts, prices a person can buy them for, everything you fucking need. And you're still an arrogant, ignorant jerk accusing me of making things up and lying. Sorry that MY pc blowing MY ps4 pro out of the water butt hurts you to fucking death. Shouldn't I be the one upset about it, if anyone? Since I own them both? Last of all. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT IT COST WHEN RELEASED. That was not what the discussion was about. You're injecting that shit all on your own, just like the bitcoin bologna and most of the other tripe falling out of your mouth. I will break it down in the most simple terms for you, then I am finished with this crap.

1) I very simply stated that you can build a PC for NOT hundreds more than the cost of current gen systems, that will blow away a current gen system. New gen consoles are nearly a year away yet. People are still buying PS4's and XB1's. I said NOTHING about "You can build a PC for the same price as a BRAND NEW GEN CONSOLE ON RELEASE DATE,, that will blow away the console." More injection all on your own. That's on you, buddy. NOT me.

2) You can factually build a PC for NOT hundreds more than the cost of current gen systems, that will blow away a current gen system. This is pure fact, and you are trying to debunk it with some shit about eBay prices are made up. LMFAO!!!! Can't make this up kids.

End of fucking story. Say what you wish. I'm out.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, let me get this straight. eBay prices are not real prices. They are fake, made up prices. You are dumber than a box of rocks. Mining coins? I don't even know how the fuck to use bit ANYthing. So we can cancel that one out right off the top of the bat. You are making a bunch of purely made up assumptions. I provided facts, parts, prices a person can buy them for, everything you fucking need. And you're still an arrogant, ignorant jerk accusing me of making things up and lying. Sorry that MY pc blowing MY ps4 pro out of the water butt hurts you to fucking death. Shouldn't I be the one upset about it, if anyone? Since I own them both? Last of all. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT IT COST WHEN RELEASED. That was not what the discussion was about. You're injecting that shit all on your own, just like the bitcoin bologna and most of the other tripe falling out of your mouth. I will break it down in the most simple terms for you, then I am finished with this crap.

1) I very simply stated that you can build a PC for less than the cost of current gen systems, that will blow away a current gen system. New gen consoles are nearly a year away yet. People are still buying PS4's and XB1's. I said NOTHING about "You can build a PC for the same price as a BRAND NEW GEN CONSOLE ON RELEASE DATE, for the same price, that will blow away the console." More injection all on your own. That's on you, buddy. NOT me.

2) You can factually build a PC for less than the cost of current gen systems, that will blow away a current gen system. This is pure fact, and you are trying to debunk it with some shit about eBay prices are made up. LMFAO!!!! Can't make this up kids.

End of fucking story. Say what you wish. I'm out.
I think it's a matter of ideal scenarios (cheap used ebay price) shouldn't be presented as common. For common, you click on "sold" sorting and look at the median selling price for what you are looking for. That's a better way of presenting used options.

But yes, given the ps4 is approaching 7 years old, and the hardware within the original ps4 was not cutting edge when it was released, I don't find it difficult to believe at all you can build a current PC with specs that are far superior for about the same price with some patience. The trick is figuring out how much more the ps4 can do with its specs when compared to a current PC when the same amount of cash is dumped into it. It's a fun topic, for sure.

It should be noted that a specialized hardware component will tend to do better than a generalized one in that thing its specialized in. The ps4 pro will be able to get more out of the equivalent general PC hardware because it's not quite the same hardware. There will be various...bits of components removed and streamlined. I'm glossing over things, but basically you remove the generalized bits and replace it with only those bits you need, meaning you can squeeze out far more performance with the same hardware. This is why the requirements for a PC game, when compared to the same ps4 game, are quite a bit higher than the ps4 specs. It's a bit complicated to get into, but basically the power used so your PC can do nearly anything you want, is instead, on the ps4, used just for gaming and bare-bones OS stuff. The overhead on a general PC OS like windows or OSX, along with other stuff, are also far higher to serve that function of general use.

PS5 will be difficult to compete with for a few generations of processors for many reasons, some of which I just talked about. Ya'll are talking a bit past each other I think :P it's a fun topic though, so try not to escalate too much.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: D34DL1N3R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1