Hacking Sony strikes back against piracy with hidden feature!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Ritsuki said:
I'm lost. OP says that the system will verify that the Bul-Ray disk S/N and the game's S/N matches, then now people are saying that it's just an identification system.

That's what i'm saying. If the S/N shit is true, used game rentals and renting will be a thing of the past for the PS3, meaning I might as well sell it and get a 360.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt madden or one of those sports game like this? in order to play online you have to have the key and if you get it from the store used you just goto EA website and purchase a new key for like $10. I believe this is implemented on the 360. If they do so, it would only be wise to do this for online gameplay online. Either way it goes i know GameStop does not take these games for returns.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like the same BS they were talking about during the development of the PS3 itself. The same arguement that it will hamper the used sales/rental business. History is indeed repeating itself.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
This sounds like the same BS they were talking about during the development of the PS3 itself.

Exactly what I was thinking. Nothing came of it then, nothing's going to come of it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs