Sony State of Play August 2020 - roundup

In thirty minutes, Sony will air their latest State of Play broadcast, featuring new PlayStation games. Though there won't be any new information about the PlayStation 5 itself, nor any first-party titles, the stream will show games that are being developed by third-party studios and still planned for release on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR. The State of Play show will go live today at 1pm PT/9pm BST. Catch it live by watching the link above, or stick around to see our live coverage of the event.

Live Coverage

It begins with Crash 4. Classic platforming gameplay will be a focus. He'll also have many skins, cosmetic, but no microtransactions. You get them from getting gems within levels. Quantum Masks are a new facet of the series. You can flip gravity, slow down time, or phase objects in. Dingodile is playable. There's an inverted mode. It's like mirror mode, but it also adds new visual changes, which will affect the gameplay.

October 2nd launch.

The new Hitman game will have a PSVR mode. Play the whole trilogy in VR.

Braid Anniversary Edition. It's the original game, but re-envisioned with new visuals and new animations. Releases in 2021.

The Pathless is developed by Giant Squid. You can run across the world by shooting targets with your bow, though it's more about timing rather than aiming.

Pet the eagle to make it fly better. There are dungeons you can explore and solve puzzles in. You'll fight giant beasts to restore light to the world. It'll launch later this year for PS5.

Spelunky 2 is next. Online multiplayer will be a new feature. There are many secrets and weapons to find. September 15th.

Genshin Impact. Characters have all sorts of different personal abilities. Multiplayer boss fights with friends. Fall 2020.

Aeon Must Die announced. Beat em up.

Explore a cyberpunk world in the 2D action adventure game, Anno Mutationen.

Bugsnax. You can take pictures of each of the creatures. Holiday 2020 for the PS5.

Vader Immortal. August 25th launch for PSVR.

Remedy Entertainment has more Control content on the way. Expansion 2 Awe releases August 27th.

Auto Chess launches October 31st.

The Pedestrian is a puzzle game about drawing lines to your destination. Jan 2021 release.

Hood Outlaws and Legends is a PlayStation 5 game, where you brutally attack your enemies and assassinate them.

Temtem is coming to PlayStation 5. Play together online with friends. 2021.

Godfall is the final game to show, with new gameplay to see, captured right from a devkit PS5. The game is a looter/slasher. It supports online coop with up to 3 players together. There will be no microtransactions at all.

The gameplay is a mix of skill-based and knowing what gear to use. Offense is more important than defense, and you're rewarded for being aggressive. There are many different weapon types, each with different traits and playstyles.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, looks like sony is really expecting us to buy the ps5 for spiderman.

Calling it now, next gen is gonna be worse than this gen.

With how overly expensive games are? They're going to have to sell remasters of PS4 games in...uh
...4K! As in, 2560x1440 stretched to 4K, at 30FPS still for a lot of games!

I'm so glad that I was a console peasant who's hardwork managed to get him into the PC MASTER RACE!

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"You can play the whole game not only as Crash, but also as Coco."

Aaaaaaaand sold. I mean, I was already probably gonna get it anyway, but this sealed the deal for me. It was one of my favorite things about N. Sane Trilogy.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Well, looks like sony is really expecting us to buy the ps5 for spiderman.

Calling it now, next gen is gonna be worse than this gen.
Why "us"? Don't include me at least to your group.

Besides, did you watch the videos or you just want to include Spiderman?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, Temtem. [edit: I'm an idiot, I was thinking of Ooblets] Is that game where the devs who called anyone who complained about their deal with Epic as "toxic gamers" and "not real fans" or something? It was a two-person team as I recall. I remember that dumpster fire. Guess the game is still getting released? The internet does have a short memory it seems.

Glad they're still supporting psvr. I'm hoping the ps5 gets a beefier version.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: brunocar
D

Deleted User

No microtransactions in Crash? I wish that wasn't surprising but it is. And I'm happy about it! Gimmie those unlockable skins.
They said no microtransactions for CTR:NF.

Guess what they added a few weeks after launch?
Yup.

So take it with a bucket of salt.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With how overly expensive games are? They're going to have to sell remasters of PS4 games in...uh
...4K! As in, 2560x1440 stretched to 4K, at 30FPS still for a lot of games!

It's not even that. It's obvious that both consoles are woefully unprepared for next gen consoles and yet they still insist on launching them this year.

Why "us"? Don't include me at least to your group.

Besides, did you watch the videos or you just want to include Spiderman?

Be my guest. Spiderman could be the only worthwhile game on that thing for a while.

Oh yeah, Temtem. Is that game where the devs who called anyone who complained about their deal with Epic as "toxic gamers" and "not real fans" or something? It was a two-person team as I recall. I remember that dumpster fire. Guess the game is still getting released? The internet does have a short memory it seems.

PC gamers are so needlessly whiny and privileged and the launcher shit proves this. BOTW 2 could come out tomorrow for free only on the Epic Games store and people would still complain about it being there.

GenNaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, Temtem. Is that game where the devs who called anyone who complained about their deal with Epic as "toxic gamers" and "not real fans" or something? It was a two-person team as I recall. I remember that dumpster fire. Guess the game is still getting released? The internet does have a short memory it seems.

You're (understandably) thinking of Ooblets. TemTem has always been on Steam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a