Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
*stuff kinda disorganized probably by error*

Christ, stop crying. A PS2 is what, $60 used? Buy one and play your PS2 games on it. It's not that hard. I'd be fine skipping out on PS2 compatibility for a cheaper PS3 model. I buy a PS3 to play PS3 games, not to play PS2 games.

I mean, I think Sony should just give up instead of sending out this "black suit brigade" of lawyers, but stop getting a fucking hemorrhoid over it. Sony's a company that wants to protect its assets. Saying "DOWN WITH SONY FOR TRYING TO PREVENT PEOPLE FROM ILLEGITIMATELY MODIFYING THEIR SHIT!" is stupid. Outrage over their wave of lawsuits might be a little found, but it's just in their attempt to prevent hackers from keeping up with them. Not exactly the most ethical way to do it, but it's a way.

Just stop crying, I'm getting sick of all this "DOWN WITH SONY" and "I PIRATE THEIR GAMES JUST TO STICK IT TO THE MAN." Yeah, sure you do. You pirate games because they're free, not to make some statement. Every pirate pirates their games because they're free.

stanleyopar2000 said:
Joe88 said:
QUOTE(stanleyopar2000 @ Jan 28 2011, 05:07 PM) at least the 360 can play Xbox 1 games right???
some, not all

well...at least Microsoft didn't completely remove backwards compatibility on purpose...there is a hardware issue....I would like to THiNK that anyway...............

Could you at least log this bullshit conspiracy theory right between "The moon landing never happened!" and "The US government was behind 9/11!"?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
rave420 said:
...i don't need a stupid blue ray disc player, all my movies i watch are 700mb and packed in 52 rars...

damn...P2P user?...I go to movie streaming websites and the quality when I download them isn't HALF that good :wtf:

LOL - right now I'm watching Ashens on youtube...then I see a PS3 Ad by Sony...oh the irony.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
Joe88 said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
at least the 360 can play Xbox 1 games right???
some, not all

well...at least Microsoft didn't completely remove backwards compatibility on purpose...there is a hardware issue....I would like to THiNK that anyway...............

They don't exactly support it anymore either. Like was said earlier tho better some than none at all.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
...everyone is entitled to their own opinion...to each is their own...need I continue?
smileipb2.png

if I personally hate Sony..that is my choice
tongue.gif

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stanleyopar2000 said:
rave420 said:
...i don't need a stupid blue ray disc player, all my movies i watch are 700mb and packed in 52 rars...

damn...P2P user?...I go to movie streaming websites and the quality when I download them isn't HALF that good :wtf:

LOL - right now I'm watching Ashens on youtube...then I see a PS3 Ad by Sony...oh the irony.

nah, fuck p2p.
There are "people"(or rather, basement dwellers) who have access to FTP distros, flashed and filled with the newest of releases all the time.

FXP comunities are a fine thing.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
rave420 said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
rave420 said:

nah, fuck p2p.
There are "people"(or rather, basement dwellers) who have access to FTP distros, flashed and filled with the newest of releases all the time.

damnnnn.....*does research on the internet*
ninja.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
rave420 said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
rave420 said:

nah, fuck p2p.

haha that reminds me when I used a NASA FTP server to host episodes of Lost.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
testatura said:
rave420 said:
i don't need a stupid blue ray disc player, all my movies i watch are 700mb and packed in 52 rars.

fcking true xcept japanese horrors that come in1,4gb cheers dude!
grog.gif

edit : sorry on offtopic but it made me laugh!

Off Topic - I found a scene website that has so many links for stuff that I thought was only P2P...not FTP though
closedeyes.gif

On Topic - I like it how they win this lawsuit...and then shortly afterward they release a firmware update that does nothing but kill homebrew...

it's like Sony personally "nailing the coffin" for PS3 Hacking with their own ego as the hammer

they need to be punished!
mad.gif

EDIT - Lot's of lurkers....fewer posters!
laugh.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
This topic is effectively saying wanting to earn money is bad. How many people here have decided that they're going to work for free in future?

Capitalism is bad? Sony are a company who employ lots of people. Whilst the gaming side is a relatively minor subsidiary, they have every right to defend their interests, and make whatever choices they want about there hardware and firmware updates.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i agree with xist. however that's not to say that sony hasn't done MANY loathsome things. like removing the ability to ply PS2 games froma console that is PLENTY powerfull enouh to play them, they had to do extra work to make the product WORSE for the customer (called an anti-feature) it's stuff like tat that is inexcusable. also the fact that they are actually going after specific developers... its sickening.

tl;dr they can do whatever the hell they want with their firmwares, thats fine, but anti-features and lawsuits on specific people are essentially useless and unnecessarily hostile tactics.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its not like they have been entirely stopped, someone else can come as a dummy and present whatever they make. True they are in trouble but its gonna take a lot more to stop hackers at the moment (when the iron is hot ie hacking is open) like nintendo tried to take down so many rom sites but i dont think it has affected the scene greatly (infact it seems nds piracy is always on a rise)
then again as said above, there are other ways to distribute and talk eg. IRC

for sloshy, maybe its relevant
Code:
It also criminalizes the act of circumventing an access control, whether or not there is actual infringement of copyright itself.
from wikipedia

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
this is just a petty attempt for sony to not loose face
they know they fucked up and they fucked up big time
all this is going to do is motivate the hacking crews even more just to stick it to sony over and over again

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony is just going to have to learn the hard way. They are they're throwing money away but if they prevail don't think that Nintendo and Microsoft aren't watching closely to see what the outcome is. I think Nintendo is laughing at Sony right now but is sony is successful you can be sure a crackdown buy Nintendo will be coming. Lets all hope that Sonys efforts fall flat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.