Sony sends Notch Gold PS1 and VIP E3 invite

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: No edit, screw it.

:arrow: http://www.ign.com/blogs/jamiemad66/2013/05/27/sony-sends-minecraft-creator-golden-psone
Known for his multi-million selling franchise Minecraft, Notch received a VIP invitation to a Sony E3 event last night. However this was no ordinary invitation, with Sony sending him a gold coloured PSOne console.

I don't give two shits about Minecraft, but I found this quite interesting. Sony is really sucking up to Notch to make things on the PS3/4 it seems.

Untitled.png

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good strategy Sony :P

Notch's affinity with Sony may have risen a bit ....cause he got hit in his gamer's heart.

yeah ...seems pretty USNsh to me...

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U updates affect people with a Wii U.

This affects nobody on the forum in any way whatsoever.
So you're saying that the 3D Printed Bronchus and the Gif/Jif thing actually effects people on this forum in any way whatsoever?

That's the most bullshit excuse I've ever heard from anyone on this site. Things that don't affect forum users are on USN all the damn time.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you taking it so personal? lol
Whenever anyone gives me a straight up bullshit excuse in any circumstance (RL or online), I take it very personal. We all do, it's human nature. Some people just don't show it and hide it in where it can fester into visions of brutally killing people, which I don't do.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever anyone gives me a straight up bullshit excuse in any circumstance (RL or online), I take it very personal. We all do, it's human nature. Some people just don't show it and hide it in where it can fester into visions of brutally killing people, which I don't do.

Yeah, in person it would make sense, but you're talking about the damn internet -__-

Reactions: Sagat

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, in person it would make sense, but you're talking about the damn internet -__-
True, but it came form a member that's known to be a..... what's the word..... long-time-gbatemper-that-is-not-a-troll. It's Rydian.
If it was a troll or something, I'd disregard it, but someone with as high a reputation as Rydian around here? No.

Reactions: 431unknown

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely news. Sony being sweet on Notch leads me to believe they're possible trying to get him to develop for the PS4.

Sony being sweet on Notch->Notch develops for PS4->PS4 gets Minecraft->Notch's Minecraft on PS4 inspires someone to develop a Wii U hack->They create a Wii U hack->People start complaining about the Wii U being hacked, and we never hear the end of it.

This affects everyone.

Reactions: Xuphor

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want a notch on something so valuable? It'll be ruined! I mean, seriously, I... wait a minute...

Question retracted.

Reactions: Rydian

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sony have already gifted Notch/Markus Persson (just referring to him as Notch feels a bit weird to me when we're actually talking about him as a real person) a Vita, games and as mentioned the sealed Dungeon Master II which he was looking for -

nUgIk.jpg

It's a nice personal touch gifting something him something he's actually discussed (as well as the Vita) and shows they're actually interested in him rather than just bombarding everyone. I'm sure people will write it off as token bribery (which it is) but it also shows that they're interested and invested in him and his future works.

Vita/PS3 crossplay version of Minecraft?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So you're saying that the 3D Printed Bronchus and the Gif/Jif thing actually effects people on this forum in any way whatsoever?

That's the most bullshit excuse I've ever heard from anyone on this site. Things that don't affect forum users are on USN all the damn time.

I am the one the pulled the trigger on the moving of this thread. It could have possibly stood to stay in the USN if it was part of larger news, if it turns out this is part of Sony courting such developers then it could have been seen as a hasty move but as we have no greater narrative at this point (or at least there was none in the OP and that definitely counts) and could just as easily be labelled a publicity move of sorts...

On the bronchus thing we have a very long running "whoo science" theme in the USN and that fits very well into that.

The gif/jif thing possibly fits into the internet culture theme (somewhat less prominent than the "whoo science" one but still exists), however rest assured at every point during its existence it was in danger of being moved somewhere else.

The Wii U thing we already covered but more importantly Nintendo could shut lots of hacks down with updates and as we are just starting to get things resembling them that definitely counts. It turned out to be nothing (the news tends to be posted as soon as the notifications hit for the OP/someone the OP knows/.... mind you) but that in and of itself it still counts and given at other times we have had our forums flooded with "OMG update" for various consoles and general policy for those moving in hacking circles is "do not update right away" which only furthers things.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

The second thing yeah, that was just crap, but the first thing is an important advancement in health and science. It may not affect an individual, but it's a big step forward for saving lives.

Also calm your tits, christ.

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
All I have to do is make a really shit game that has a chance of getting popular and I can get freebies from Sony? I best get to the drawing board.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded