Sony sends Notch Gold PS1 and VIP E3 invite

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Xuphor, May 28, 2013.

1. Xuphor
    OP

Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

Banned
    Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    EDIT: No edit, screw it.

:arrow: http://www.ign.com/blogs/jamiemad66/2013/05/27/sony-sends-minecraft-creator-golden-psone
    I don't give two shits about Minecraft, but I found this quite interesting. Sony is really sucking up to Notch to make things on the PS3/4 it seems.

[​IMG]

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Oh wow... that... is precious stuff... :D

3. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Woah. That is some major sweet-talking. They must really want Notch for something.

ClassyMr.M likes this.
  4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Wii U updates affect people with a Wii U.

This affects nobody on the forum in any way whatsoever.

Skelletonike likes this.
  5. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Because nobody cares about Notch :3

6. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    Good strategy Sony :P

Notch's affinity with Sony may have risen a bit ....cause he got hit in his gamer's heart.

yeah ...seems pretty USNsh to me...

7. Xuphor
    OP

Banned
    Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    So you're saying that the 3D Printed Bronchus and the Gif/Jif thing actually effects people on this forum in any way whatsoever?

That's the most bullshit excuse I've ever heard from anyone on this site. Things that don't affect forum users are on USN all the damn time.

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  8. ShadowSoldier

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Why are you taking it so personal? lol

9. Dork

Dork Newbie

Because his post is that way.

10. Xuphor
    OP

Banned
    Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Whenever anyone gives me a straight up bullshit excuse in any circumstance (RL or online), I take it very personal. We all do, it's human nature. Some people just don't show it and hide it in where it can fester into visions of brutally killing people, which I don't do.

431unknown and Ammako like this.
  11. ShadowSoldier

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Yeah, in person it would make sense, but you're talking about the damn internet -__-

Sagat likes this.
  12. Xuphor
    OP

Banned
    Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    True, but it came form a member that's known to be a..... what's the word..... long-time-gbatemper-that-is-not-a-troll. It's Rydian.
    If it was a troll or something, I'd disregard it, but someone with as high a reputation as Rydian around here? No.

431unknown likes this.
  13. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    This is definitely news. Sony being sweet on Notch leads me to believe they're possible trying to get him to develop for the PS4.

Sony being sweet on Notch->Notch develops for PS4->PS4 gets Minecraft->Notch's Minecraft on PS4 inspires someone to develop a Wii U hack->They create a Wii U hack->People start complaining about the Wii U being hacked, and we never hear the end of it.

This affects everyone.

Xuphor likes this.
  14. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Why would you want a notch on something so valuable? It'll be ruined! I mean, seriously, I... wait a minute...

Question retracted.

Rydian likes this.
  15. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Sony have already gifted Notch/Markus Persson (just referring to him as Notch feels a bit weird to me when we're actually talking about him as a real person) a Vita, games and as mentioned the sealed Dungeon Master II which he was looking for -

[​IMG]

It's a nice personal touch gifting something him something he's actually discussed (as well as the Vita) and shows they're actually interested in him rather than just bombarding everyone. I'm sure people will write it off as token bribery (which it is) but it also shows that they're interested and invested in him and his future works.

Vita/PS3 crossplay version of Minecraft?

16. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I am the one the pulled the trigger on the moving of this thread. It could have possibly stood to stay in the USN if it was part of larger news, if it turns out this is part of Sony courting such developers then it could have been seen as a hasty move but as we have no greater narrative at this point (or at least there was none in the OP and that definitely counts) and could just as easily be labelled a publicity move of sorts...

On the bronchus thing we have a very long running "whoo science" theme in the USN and that fits very well into that.

The gif/jif thing possibly fits into the internet culture theme (somewhat less prominent than the "whoo science" one but still exists), however rest assured at every point during its existence it was in danger of being moved somewhere else.

The Wii U thing we already covered but more importantly Nintendo could shut lots of hacks down with updates and as we are just starting to get things resembling them that definitely counts. It turned out to be nothing (the news tends to be posted as soon as the notifications hit for the OP/someone the OP knows/.... mind you) but that in and of itself it still counts and given at other times we have had our forums flooded with "OMG update" for various consoles and general policy for those moving in hacking circles is "do not update right away" which only furthers things.

17. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    The second thing yeah, that was just crap, but the first thing is an important advancement in health and science. It may not affect an individual, but it's a big step forward for saving lives.

Also calm your tits, christ.

18. jacksprat1990

jacksprat1990 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    All I have to do is make a really shit game that has a chance of getting popular and I can get freebies from Sony? I best get to the drawing board.

19. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Yeah, you do that and come back and report how successful you are.

Which you won't, of course.

20. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    This really wasn't USN worthy and deserved to be moved. Don't be so buttset.