Sony says no 3D PSP anytime soon, questions Nintendo 3DS announcement.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to put a gun to Sony's head, as they do everything Nintendo does, and gloats about it too.

Nintendo does what So-never tries, but waits for some other company to succeed so that they can copy it and try there hardest to bad mouth Nintendo and steal their market!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I'd love to put a gun to Sony's head, as they do everything Nintendo does, and gloats about it too.

Nintendo does what So-never tries, but waits for some other company to succeed so that they can copy it and try there hardest to bad mouth Nintendo and steal their market!
U do not think Nintendo would be taken down by it own technology ? :/

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good ol' Ninty. Nintendo isn't afraid to try out new products,and the others are just waiting to copy Ninty's ideas if they're good. I probably won't get a 3DS though,since I just got the PSP.
granville said:
Law said:
They're busy making a 4D PSP

Because sony does what nintencan't.
Have they no shame? Not satisfied with badmouthing Nintendo and ripping THEM off, now they've stolen Dr Emmett L Brown's technology! What next? Ripping off Jesus by making a PSP to bring back the dead and die for our sins?
rofl2.gif
That just made me giggle.
rofl2.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see the ps3 3d doing very well. Come on, HDTVs are still out of my price range. I only know 1 or 2 people with HDTVs. I can only imagine the price of 3DTVs.

HD is still 2x-3x the price of what old tv were. You can't even get a new SD-TV anymore.
That said if either one of my TVs break down, I'll be out of luck.

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that nintendo is doing something right for a change
my whole problem with consoles is that they make a huge advancement in technology
then they stop for a while or make baby steps

once something like this 3D ds comes out the technology will become cheeper and sony, microsoft, and whoever else will realize they should have done this 3d thing earlier

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
luke_c said:
Ooooh so this is the new hate thread

If Sony weren't constantly "questioning" (aka bashing) every announcement of Nintendo's, then we wouldn't hate. It's a bit hypocritical of them to do this and then turn around and develop some rip-off product a year or two later, though.

But yeah, it's a fun hate thread.
gbasp.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
f3ar000 said:
I think that nintendo is doing something right for a change
my whole problem with consoles is that they make a huge advancement in technology
then they stop for a while or make baby steps

once something like this 3D ds comes out the technology will become cheeper and sony, microsoft, and whoever else will realize they should have done this 3d thing earlier
Would u get natal if it was in 3d ( Natal 3D)
tongue.gif

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Don't worry. 2 Years after the 3DS proves successful, they will make a 3D PSP. It won't be rip-off because they will add a blue/red/violet/yellow color bulb on the top of it.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
TM2-Megatron said:
Ben_j said:
The wiimote and the nunchuck (escpecially the nunchuck) already looked like sextoys
smile.gif

Yeah, but not ones anyone would want to use, lol.

you'd be surprised at the amount of pictures on the internet that contain girls using wiimotes as improv vibes.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Law said:
TM2-Megatron said:
Ben_j said:
The wiimote and the nunchuck (escpecially the nunchuck) already looked like sextoys
smile.gif

Yeah, but not ones anyone would want to use, lol.

you'd be surprised at the amount of pictures on the internet that contain girls using wiimotes as improv vibes.

wtf.gif
blink.gif

You are a sad and strange little man.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
dib said:
BlueStar said:
Uh huh. Let me know how your prediction of the DS's failure went too, Sony.

QUOTE said:
Sony's Phil Harrison:
With the DS, it’s fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen.
But I fear that it won’t have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick – so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that
That's actually remarkably accurate. The DS is woefully underpowered, and that's had a detrimental effect.

Sorry, I think it's the other way round. The PSP was stupidly overpowered for a hand held and that led to devs trying to just port over stripped down home console games to the small screen instead of creating new games which played to the strengths of a handheld system. So on the PSP you mostly got Tomb Radier Lite, Tony Hawks Lite, Medal of Honor Lite, whereas with the DS you got games which used the unique aspects of the system and which you couldn't play anywhere else.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
Sorry, I think it's the other way round. The PSP was stupidly overpowered for a hand held and that led to devs trying to just port over stripped down home console games to the small screen instead of creating new games which played to the strengths of a handheld system. So on the PSP you mostly got Tomb Radier Lite, Tony Hawks Lite, Medal of Honor Lite, whereas with the DS you got games which used the unique aspects of the system and which you couldn't play anywhere else.

maybe a couple years ago, but this generation is a generation of high definition. graphics play a major factor on how people percieve a game. the main reason why nintendo has done so well on the wii and ds is because they are nintendo, they are keeping their consoles afloat with a few first party titles each year. people eat up anything with mario or zelda in the name.

any other company launching into the market with something like the ds or wii wouldn't have survived. its also the main reason why the psp has done reasonably well for a handheld up against nintendo when compared to past handhelds. people know its sony, they know sony do well enough with mature games.

with that quote sony forgot to factor in one thing, the fact that the ds belongs to nintendo.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And the reason why the PSP continues to sell is because it's Sony...you can't really use that argument. Sure you can call the touchscreen or motion sensing a gimmick but they sell, and not only because it's Nintendo. Not only because they have first party titles. A lot of sales are family friendly or easy to pick up games. You can say the only thing that's kept the PSP afloat is Monster Hunter with your argument...but that's wrong. How many copies of Dragon Quest for the DS sell in Japan? A lot. Yeah, because that was developed by Nintendo, right? Each system has a pretty good library and sure the biggest sales are from first party games but that's not always the story.

And to saying the power of the DS has had a detrimental effect on the system? That's just stupid. That means games have gotten worse as time has gone by because the DS couldn't handle the game and developers continued to making these games. The power hasn't had a detrimental effect...it's just a limitation on what game developers can do with the system. And I think developers have this limitation in mind when they develop their games on the DS.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sony says "no PSP 3D anytime soon, we're still trying to upsell the tremendous failure also known as the PSP GO!" They want to try to wring every cent they can out of that thing and it's just stupid!

I didn't see anyone eating up "Mario Andretti Racing" and that's got mario in the name!

Besides Sony is a Hardware company....what's the last 1st party title you remember playing on the ps3 or psp?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: