Sony reveals its new PlayStation Studios branding

Sony is slowly rolling out their next-generation plans one step at a time, as shown by today's announcement of their new studio formation. Much like Microsoft Studios, PlayStation now has its own in-house branding called PlayStation Studios, which is an umbrella term used to refer to any first-party exclusive games created for Sony systems. This doesn't mean that PlayStation has to own the developer to use the logo either, as it'll apply to anything Sony has published or funded. We even get a flashy logo reveal to go along with the announcement, though we won't be seeing it used for a while yet; it was confirmed that the PlayStation Studios brand will not be used in The Last of Us: Part II, Ghosts of Tsushima, nor the PC port of Horizon: Zero Dawn.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I really mean it when I say, it's hard to think of Sony becoming the next Sega, but I'm very curious what they have planned.

The market is a lot bigger today, so I suppose they have that, but really I think the big saving grace is the subscription, all those users locked into their ecosystem. Yes they have exclusives, but they used to be my favourite games, I'm less and less interested in them now (I'm 100% of people).

So, Nintendo have managed to dominate again and will no doubt release a home console at some point, how that fares can go anywhere, but if they use the success of the Switch as a base, they could do well.

Microsoft have been killing it, apart from the recent reveal, which was a huge disappointment. Subscription models and services are market leading, no doubt about that. If they can get even a portion of the studios they have to make must have games, then they are golden (they already have the strongest positions in terms of service and value).

Also Sony has other ventures, like PSNow, which is dire, but with huge competition popping up everywhere.

Just to point out, I'm not a fanboy, I've owned every console they've made, several of some models even, but do hold disdain for them due to the many disgusting, illegal practices they have ran in the past, but I suppose of big orgs are the same really.

Who wants to shoot me down first?

Last edited by yoyoyo69,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...