NULL

Sony reveals details about its next home console

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Apr 16, 2019.

1. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Biggest selling video game brand since ps1 days so billions I'd say

2. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    An awful lot of crap being spewed in this topic. I'm not even going to read past the first few pages as I had already seen enough. Uncharted is no good. Blah blah blah. No good games. Blah blah blah. Censorship blah blah blah. No PS1, PS2, PS3 bc. Blah Blah Blah. PC master race. Blah blah blah.

If you don't like Sony consoles or their exclusive titles, move right along.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R, Apr 16, 2019
    TheTechWiz25, Voxel and DANTENDO like this.
  3. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Yep so many negative people out ther who can't appreciate what Sony has bought to the gaming industry

TheTechWiz25 and D34DL1N3R like this.
  4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    technically the wii sold more than ps3/xbox360 so the wii did win that generation, and nintendo won all portable generations aswhell against psp and psvita, sony won with ps1,ps2 and ps4 only :P.

5. console

console GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2013
    United States
    That's great news for PS5! :)

The next-gen PlayStation is partially based on PS4 architecture, which means that it is backwards compatible. Cerny also revealed that it is not an all-digital device, and will accept physical discs.

Yay!!! :) It said PS5 will able to play PS4 physical discs and digital games. But I not fans of digital. I'm still old school gamer that I love physical discs more than digital.

I will going to buy PS5 when go on sale plus price cut around in year 2022 - 2026 on around Black Friday in November or Christmas in December.

PS5 still have custom Linux operating system. Not Windows operating system. :) Linux is best ever for gaming to replace Windows in the future.

I'm glad to skip PS4 Pro and will get PS5 instead.

For PS5, I would have to buy 4K HDTV (with HDR support) for that.

6. Hyborix3

Hyborix3 Gabi

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Whiny people that can’t get what they want. Instead, they’ll just complain about not liking their exclusives and their new ways of dealing with censorship. Move along and just play on PC. Not gonna acknowledge the Sony bootlickers either for not staying on topic either.

Anyways, the price is the biggest factor. Cerny stated a lot of positives with the obvious that should be in there(Backwards compatibility) 4K HDR 60fps on my actual TV and not my computer rig would be awesome for my friends and I to experience.

Last edited by Hyborix3, Apr 16, 2019
    TheTechWiz25 likes this.
  7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    -Whhhhy do you need it?

TR_mahmutpek likes this.
  8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Every company has disappointed me this generation. Paid multiplayer, minimal single player, co-op but a distant memory, microtransactions and DLC the norm to often even get the game vaguely going on, boring/bland/safe design in what little remains, generally anti consumer...

Can't say I have done dying light myself but someone I usually line up fairly well with games for did not find it compelling. Which is pretty much how I would describe the PS4bone library in general, and have done for a while now https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-games-you-will-keep-for-your-ps4-and-xbox-one.499105/

As for hating Sony they are on my don't buy unless absolutely necessary list, and have been for some years now, but if they were the ones with games then I would probably find me a second hand machine somewhere.

9. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    How Much ... Im Going to buy one anyways ... but how much will it cost?

10. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    You seem a very intelligent guy but I think you overthink to much about games - play the games for fun not looking for bugs patches paid dlc microtransactions etc - games hav never been better and thts a fact as I'm sure on everyone's Christmas list for 2020 wil be a ps5

11. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Can't wait to play those analog games I've been hearing so much about.

No it doesn't.

Techinicabor likes this.
  12. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Wonder how many replacement ps5's one is expected to go through for that generation? 6? 10? 20?

All depends on how long their warranty is.

13. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    i never replaced any ps console i still have my fat ps2, my phat ps360gb(had to fix that one becuase it was getting warm and loud but for 30$ and its fixed until today) and ps4 500gb.

14. Plstic

Plstic Guru Meditation Error

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    Milwaukee WI
    looks like ill be buying a ps5. glad i held out buying a pro.

15. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    I personally went through 4 ps1 consoles. All because disc read errors and the older ones especially damaging both the data and label side of the discs.
    Wemt through first two ps2 consoles for the samw reason. Had enough and bought #3 as a premodchipped system. It too was having frequent disc read errors but the seller was willing to take it back for repair. And then it shattered on the last day of testing. Seller ate the cost to replace the consoleb transfer the chip, and re-cap the console. That is still the only thing I'd call "reliable" with a Sony badge ever since they entered the games business.
    On my 6th ps3, as the first five were all full bc models that all died spectacularly. Oh, did i mention tbat they banned my last bc console and account jist months before my last bc model went tits up?
    Went through about as many psp models, between 2000, 3000 and psp go models.

Little wonder i didn't give Sony any of my business for the ps4 generation.

16. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    not sure what to tell you my ps3 has hundred and hundreds of hours and i only use discs no digital games and never any any issue with my launch ps3 besides fixing that heating issue and such.

17. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    You don't need to apologize to me or anything. But knowing how much money i wasted on replacing and trying to fic their consoles in futility, gives me a strong urge to punch ken and kaz's teeth in.

18. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    For all the people still complaining about actual and future censorship on the ps4/ps5

D4TTTztUYAAvDxc.

Ya are all a bunch of pedos.

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Apr 16, 2019
  19. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBATemp's official Weedle fan-HAT-ic!

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    Route 2
    Next up from Sony:
    The Sony Witch, or S-Witch for short. It's a portable and home console! Because after twenty years of falling into Nintendo's shadow, we've finally decided to take the lead!

20. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2015
    United States
    Ok? It's still censorship.

NULL