Sony releases official PS5 teardown video

ps5 teardown.JPG

While Microsoft has provided some select outlets with the actual Xbox Series X hardware, Sony's PlayStation 5 has yet to be seen up close by the public. The console maker changed this narrative today by releasing an official teardown video of its next-gen console, giving us the closest (and deepest) look at the hardware so far.

The 7-minute video is in Japanese but is without English subtitles at the time of writing. However, it does feature English annotations of some parts of the console as the teardown proceeds such as an elaborate cooling system and an SSD expansion bay. You can watch the video showcasing the PS5's internals below:

Sony also published an accompanying blog post explaining how the PS5's internal structure was designed to look "neat and tidy" and did not include any unnecessary components. The post also mentions how the PS5 was conceptualized back in 2015 and spent the next 5 years designing and developing the console.

:arrow: SOURCE

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My gosh! It is so huge! What are they thinking ? Its 2020! And they should design it to be comfortable, small and super powerful. Are they just lazy or something ?

I am so getting it, thought!

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The generation of big game enjoyment harware. XBOX and PlayStation are now competing for livingroom space. We should charge for rental. Those things are enourmous. Those things are friggin' huge.

Guess no one can say now "Mine is bigger than yours!"
Will they even fit?! "Wii Fit", they'll say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: