1. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Vietnam
    Do they look better than Cyberpunk?

I personally didn't think so

But whatever

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

like i am going to get both but the design makes the xbox series x look boring.

3. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Not sure how that's relevant, Cyberpunk 2077 is also a next-gen game for all intents and purposes. It'll only look and perform how it's supposed to on PC/PS5/XBSX.

For what it's worth though, yeah, Cyberpunk 2077 looks better than pretty much anything shown today. Not too surprising given the pedigree of the developers and how long it has been in development.

Last edited by Xzi, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Axmand

Axmand Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    Whats the difference between the PS5 (Standar) and Deluxe Edition???...

5. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    @AirbusX & @64bitmodels

Whatever the hour was supposed to be it definitely didn't convince me why should I shell out $500-$600 on a brand new system. I mainly saw games that are being released next year. The harsh reality it doesn't even feel like Next Gen the quality I saw was PS4 quality this is basically like if you have a Iphone X and the Iphone 11 Pro sure the 11 Pro is badass but your Iphone X is pretty solid... This is basically what is happening with the PS5 vs PS4.... The "Games" I saw felt more like PS4 games than PS5... If this was meant for the PS4 I would have been wow cool but I expected a bit more from them. I expected Grand Turismo 7 on the PS4 not GT Sport and Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is kinda the same. This doesn't feel next gen at all I'm so sorry but it doesn't. They are already to a bad start with these games. They should have waited and just released this next year I feel this is rushed. Even PS3 to PS4 I saw a little diffrence but the PS4 to PS5 I kinda see nothing at all from the games they showed us. Maybe other people would think differently but this is my personal opinion. I just hope these games come to the PS4

I don't care about load times I never saw problems with the load times on the PS4. That's not important to me Next Gen you are supposed have a brand new experience I haven't really felt the "New Experience" since the jump between PS2-PS3 the PS4 was a step up and also a step behind with the whole loading the full game on HD. Maybe I'm critiquing it really harshly but this is what I'm supposed to do any gamer supposed to critique something vs just handing over your money.

MeAndHax and AirbusX like this.
  6. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Youre thinking way too short term on this
    Again, remember that this is before the console is even released, ofc theyre going to feel like ps4 game when it's at the start...
    Later on in the console generation you will see games that could have never been done on a ps4, games that do push the console to the extreme, games that will sell you on the console. I don't get the ps5 because of a few launch day games, i get it because of the games that are coming, the games that will give me an experience that can't be found a generation behind, the games that take full advantage of the console's capabilities. to give up on next gen and stay on PS4 just because the launch titles don't exactly look up to your standards... it makes no sense. Patience is key. A patient gamer is a happy gamer

7. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu DS Pokémon Fan

Australia
    Which is why I personally won't be getting a PS5 at launch; I'll maybe wait a year or so, see if there's more than two games I'm interested in, see if there's a model revision down the line.

Payne and 64bitmodels like this.
  8. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    This is exactly what I said before the PS5 was revealed I'll wait a good 3 or possibility 4 years before I decide if I want a PS5 or a Series X. I been so spoiled with modded systems I have plenty time to wait it out I'm only saying I wasn't impressed in what I saw. If these was for PS4 then I would have been impressed but PS5 I wasn't impressed.

Hopefully in the up conning years Next Gen can bring out that "New Gaming Experience" I'm kinda more interested in virtual reality gaming at this point vs console gaming (Something like Dot Hack Sign) I know that is futuristic but console gaming is kinda slowing down and graphics will reach it's limitations

9. Xzi

United States
    Diminishing returns on graphics improvements are a real thing, but at the same time, any PC gamer can tell you what a night and day difference it makes going from [email protected] FPS to [email protected] FPS, let alone higher resolutions like 4K. Consoles have been stuck at 30 FPS or less since first being introduced in 1972, so I think nearly 50 years of subpar performance has given some console gamers a variation of Stockholm syndrome. Hopefully seeing PS5/XBSX operating in person on a high-performance display can snap them out of it.

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  10. 64bitmodels

United States
    suprisingly nintendo has the best performance
    Super mario odyssey, splatoon 2, mario kart 8 deluxe and normal, super mario 3d world, smash ultimate, mario maker 2, and even link's awakening, even if it's not consistent, all run at 60fps
    suprising how the console with the worst specs runs with the best framerate.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

then again nintendo has always been gameplay over graphics. and better framerate enhances the gameplay

Xzi likes this.
  11. Xzi

United States
    They could've done the same with PS4 and XB1 games, but nah, they'd rather shove ten thousand extra polygons into every frame and render at 20 FPS. Thankfully PS5 and XBSX shouldn't need to make any compromises in either performance or graphics, at least for the first half of their life cycles.

KingVamp, MeAndHax and 64bitmodels like this.
  12. 64bitmodels

United States
    artstyle is 90% more important than graphics
    yea a game can look nice when you first see it but it wont last unless it has a unique artstyle

MeAndHax and Xzi like this.
  13. Serberker

Serberker GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    I hope we'll get HZD2 for ps4.

14. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Very poor comparison. It's not like other current gen consoles couldn't run any of those games at 60fps. And then there's the fact that none of those games are anywhere near as graphically demanding as AAA titles on other consoles.

AirbusX likes this.
  15. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops

United States
    Newsflash: most launch games for systems aren't a huge leap from the games being made for the current generation visually!

Goku1992A likes this.
  16. 64bitmodels

United States
    It's less the fact the other consoles can run it and moreso the fact that other console devs refuse to give any shits about performance even when it could drastically improve the gameplay
    Nintendo throws away graphics in exchange for a superior framerate, and in the current industry that's pretty rare in the console dev scene, where most of the devs make their games look pretty and throw away how the game actually performs because muh polygons
    Tell me whens the last time you saw a PS4/Xbox one game that ran at 60fps while compromizing graphics

Xzi and AkiraKurusu like this.
  17. Xzi

United States
    That's entirely the point, Sony and Microsoft are choosing to make their consoles struggle to render games, apparently just so each of their respective fan bases can argue about which slideshow is better looking. Meanwhile, Nintendo comes out looking far more enlightened by comparison, and they don't even have to bother competing with the other two in the truest sense. Sony obviously won this generation by sales numbers, but I'd argue that Nintendo won it when measuring by a number of other metrics.

64bitmodels likes this.
  18. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Maniac

Indonesia
    That's not even final design??

19. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You are correct maybe I'm not too impressed all the games I saw today basically looked the same as TLOU2 trailer for PS4

20. AlexMCS

AlexMCS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    First person can DIAF IMO.
    Anything is better than that. I like to see the damn character.

Also,
    [​IMG]

Payne, James_, felix.200 and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - confirmed, showcase, Horizon