wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The vita didn't sell "well" in terms of over all. only about 60% of launch stocks were sold, which is not actually a good number. HOWEVER, fun fact. 3G ones are over-stocked while the Wifi ones were sold out at most metropolitan cities in Japan. The 3G used one sells about the same price as a used wifi one, with the simcard included.

Long story short, no one cares about 3G....it could be due to the shitty Data Plan, but it could also be the fact that the 3G is targeted at the wrong consumers, majority of the gamers don't care to play over data-network when they are on the go (keep in mind, Japan market is not the same as Western)

Basically, Vita isn't a success but it isn't a flop either, at least by first week data. Currently, it's reputation is about the same as what 3DS was when it first came out, however, 3DS is getting more attention at the moment, especially due to Monster Hunter "4"

As for me, I am happy with my Vita and would recommend it. So far I have Army Corpse of Hell, Shinobido 2, Uncharted, Katamari, Ridge Racer. I'm a Ridge Racer fan and especially Sampling Masters (Mega and Aya mainly) fan so I am happy with Ridge Racer as is (2980yen + 1000yen dlc when it's ready). Shinobido 2 is more like a ps2 game but it is fun if you like Tenchu or part 1 of Shinobido, Army Corpse of Hell...it's like Pikmin that's more centered towards action, Uncharted is Uncharted. Katamari...I didn't like as much as I thought I would.

I believe the issue with the 3G was that it was pretty much useless (no online gaming, just downloading). No need to have 3G when people have smartphones for social networking/web browsing.
However, I might pick one up anyway... we'll see. How's the memory card usage? I'd imagine that would be an impediment to sales

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Memory Cards are still hard to get unless if you want 4GB.. 32gb been sold out for about 2 months now (pre preders closed for mem cards around November start, up to this day still hard to get at most retailers)

Zulithe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about pre-ordering a USA Vita + 32GB mem card. I never owned a PSP and I want to catch up on some of the older games, particularly RPGs. And it's just a beautiful machine which I think is going to get some killer games (though, slowly)

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about pre-ordering a USA Vita + 32GB mem card. I never owned a PSP and I want to catch up on some of the older games, particularly RPGs. And it's just a beautiful machine which I think is going to get some killer games (though, slowly)

I have very high expectations for Gravity Daze / Gravity Rush. I hope it doesn't dissapoint.

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States

I have very high expectations for Gravity Daze / Gravity Rush. I hope it doesn't dissapoint.
there's no demo for it though in Jp Psn, just a trailer video..
Koei NEXT game demo seems nice..controls are great,8 characters to choose from.

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
Gravity Daze / Rush and Uncharted demo out on JPSN
you're right..i've checked it earlier,nada..anyway,thanks.476mb in size.
cool game..floating and stuff and uses both analog control sticks.
got the Uncharted cart.features 100% english w/ subtitles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsfw-ds-homebrew.73091/