Sony PlayStation 5 Showcase: September event - price and release date confirmed

Today is the day, or so we hope. Sony is airing their latest PlayStation Showcase event that, hopefully, finally, gives us the PlayStation 5 launch date and retail price. Considering that Microsoft already revealed both of those bits of information for their next-gen console, it can only be expected that Sony would do the same. Only time will tell if this is the event we've been waiting for. Catch the livestream, which kicks off at 1pm PDT/9pm BST, and lasts for 40 minutes, giving us "one more look" at what the PlayStation 5 will offer.

Live Coverage

The first game's footage is captured on PC emulating the PS5 experience. Square Enix.

It's a new Final Fantasy game. Action-based combat. A medieval-esque setting. Final Fantasy XVI. PlayStation console exclusive, will also launch on PC.

Now the rest of the games will be captured on actual PS5 hardware...

It's Spider-Man: Miles Morales. We get both cinematic and actual gameplay footage in this, where Miles faces off against new villains.

The Harry Potter RPG finally gets an official confirmation. Make your own story. Shape the future of the wizarding world. Hogwarts: Legacy, 2021.

Black Ops: Cold War gets some footage. This Friday, PS4 players get to try the multiplayer alpha for the game.

Resident Evil 8 coming 2021.

Arkane's Timeloop has a character-focused trailer that also gives us a better look at some of the gameplay elements, and how you'll be taking down the targets you're tasked with killing. Q2 2021. PlayStation and PC.

Devil May Cry 5 is getting a special edition on PS5. Available on launch.

Oddworld is next with Oddworld Soulstorm, featuring bigger worlds and more obstacles to overcome.

Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach revealed. Nothing more than that.

Demon's Souls begins the hype train anew. Actual gameplay is featured in this trailer. Load times between fog gates are incredibly fast, almost instant.

Fortnite is a launch title.

PlayStation Plus Collection. Available for PS+ users, offers Final Fantasy 15, Fallout 4, God of War, Uncharted 4, and many other PlayStation 4 titles, including Bloodborne, access these games through backwards compatibility on PS5.

November 12 PS5 launch in most countries, the 19th everywhere else.

n3LgaeJ.png

God of War Ragnarok is teased at the end for 2021.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question is worth it to buy the disk version vs digital? cause I feel the disk is useless now since almost every games need to be install to hard drive anyway

Always buy the disk version because yes the game disk is useless but you can still buy games very cheap from 3rd party resellers (offer up, ebay, craiglist , gamestop) physical last forever there is no guarentee we will have a PSN or Sony would even exist 50 years from now

Reactions: shinwg

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question is worth it to buy the disk version vs digital? cause I feel the disk is useless now since almost every games need to be install to hard drive anyway
It really depends on what your preferences are. Also how fast your internet connection is. With the small ass ssd the ps5 comes with and the large size of games now a days will you want to wait the time it takes to download a 100+ gb game every time u want to play it after you deleted it to play another one. Less than 1 tb might hold 10 games. That coupled with the fact noone has really said if you can at least store games on an external until you want to play them. (I've seen external mentioned for ps4 games but not an exact answer from sony on the external and ps5)

Last edited by wartutor,
Reactions: shinwg

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything about the ps5 is a joke.

-the xbox controller
-the HUGE box console that doubles as a space heater
- the prices of everything
-playstation now
-old games being remastered
-new games that look smudgy like regular nintendo switch games
-rumors of ps5 having in-game ads like that UFC game

final fantasy looked like a ps3 game, it was bad, and then they didnt even show anything about FF7-part2 lol. Im glad I left playstation a few years back, they suck now. Harry Potter did look good though.

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on what your preferences are. Also how fast your internet connection is. With the small ass ssd the ps5 comes with and the large size of games now a days will you want to wait the time it takes to download a 100+ gb game every time u want to play it after you deleted it to play another one. Less than 1 tb might hold 10 games. That coupled with the fact noone has really said if you can at least store games on an external until you want to play them. (I've seen external mentioned for ps4 games but not an exact answer from sony on the external and ps5)
But the disk is not saving you space cause u have install the disk game data to the console u can’t play game on the disk like old times. I believe the disk only verified u own the game

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Always buy the disk version because yes the game disk is useless but you can still buy games very cheap from 3rd party resellers (offer up, ebay, craiglist , gamestop) physical last forever there is no guarentee we will have a PSN or Sony would even exist 50 years from now
Yeah that’s true nice thinking

Reactions: Goku1992A

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the disk is not saving you space cause u have install the disk game data to the console u can’t play game on the disk like old times. I believe the disk only verified u own the game
Yes but you can reinstall the game from disk and not have to re-download said game every time you want to play it

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could just homebrew it and have the games saved to your drives forever
if that isn't the case then you'll easily be able to find a rom of the game online for your ps5 romloader

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could just homebrew it and have the games saved to your drives forever
if that isn't the case then you'll easily be able to find a rom of the game online for your ps5 romloader

I strongly doubt the PS5 will be modded. Hopefully at PS4 EOL it gets modded I dont feel like buying a 6.72 unit for $300 off ebay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...