1. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Always buy the disk version because yes the game disk is useless but you can still buy games very cheap from 3rd party resellers (offer up, ebay, craiglist , gamestop) physical last forever there is no guarentee we will have a PSN or Sony would even exist 50 years from now

shinwg likes this.
  2. wartutor

wartutor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It really depends on what your preferences are. Also how fast your internet connection is. With the small ass ssd the ps5 comes with and the large size of games now a days will you want to wait the time it takes to download a 100+ gb game every time u want to play it after you deleted it to play another one. Less than 1 tb might hold 10 games. That coupled with the fact noone has really said if you can at least store games on an external until you want to play them. (I've seen external mentioned for ps4 games but not an exact answer from sony on the external and ps5)

Last edited by wartutor, Sep 18, 2020
    shinwg likes this.
  3. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Everything about the ps5 is a joke.

-the xbox controller
    -the HUGE box console that doubles as a space heater
    - the prices of everything
    -playstation now
    -old games being remastered
    -new games that look smudgy like regular nintendo switch games
    -rumors of ps5 having in-game ads like that UFC game

final fantasy looked like a ps3 game, it was bad, and then they didnt even show anything about FF7-part2 lol. Im glad I left playstation a few years back, they suck now. Harry Potter did look good though.

4. shinwg

shinwg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    But the disk is not saving you space cause u have install the disk game data to the console u can’t play game on the disk like old times. I believe the disk only verified u own the game

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah that’s true nice thinking

Goku1992A likes this.
  5. wartutor

wartutor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes but you can reinstall the game from disk and not have to re-download said game every time you want to play it

6. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Or you could just homebrew it and have the games saved to your drives forever
    if that isn't the case then you'll easily be able to find a rom of the game online for your ps5 romloader

7. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I strongly doubt the PS5 will be modded. Hopefully at PS4 EOL it gets modded I dont feel like buying a 6.72 unit for $300 off ebay

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, September, confirmed