Sony PlayStation 5 Showcase: September event - price and release date confirmed

Today is the day, or so we hope. Sony is airing their latest PlayStation Showcase event that, hopefully, finally, gives us the PlayStation 5 launch date and retail price. Considering that Microsoft already revealed both of those bits of information for their next-gen console, it can only be expected that Sony would do the same. Only time will tell if this is the event we've been waiting for. Catch the livestream, which kicks off at 1pm PDT/9pm BST, and lasts for 40 minutes, giving us "one more look" at what the PlayStation 5 will offer.

Live Coverage

The first game's footage is captured on PC emulating the PS5 experience. Square Enix.

It's a new Final Fantasy game. Action-based combat. A medieval-esque setting. Final Fantasy XVI. PlayStation console exclusive, will also launch on PC.

Now the rest of the games will be captured on actual PS5 hardware...

It's Spider-Man: Miles Morales. We get both cinematic and actual gameplay footage in this, where Miles faces off against new villains.

The Harry Potter RPG finally gets an official confirmation. Make your own story. Shape the future of the wizarding world. Hogwarts: Legacy, 2021.

Black Ops: Cold War gets some footage. This Friday, PS4 players get to try the multiplayer alpha for the game.

Resident Evil 8 coming 2021.

Arkane's Timeloop has a character-focused trailer that also gives us a better look at some of the gameplay elements, and how you'll be taking down the targets you're tasked with killing. Q2 2021. PlayStation and PC.

Devil May Cry 5 is getting a special edition on PS5. Available on launch.

Oddworld is next with Oddworld Soulstorm, featuring bigger worlds and more obstacles to overcome.

Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach revealed. Nothing more than that.

Demon's Souls begins the hype train anew. Actual gameplay is featured in this trailer. Load times between fog gates are incredibly fast, almost instant.

Fortnite is a launch title.

PlayStation Plus Collection. Available for PS+ users, offers Final Fantasy 15, Fallout 4, God of War, Uncharted 4, and many other PlayStation 4 titles, including Bloodborne, access these games through backwards compatibility on PS5.

November 12 PS5 launch in most countries, the 19th everywhere else.

n3LgaeJ.png

God of War Ragnarok is teased at the end for 2021.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You do realize it will be selling for BRL 5,000-9,000, ($900-$1700) over here right?
Scalpers are going to have a field day with these consoles.
Yes I know that, but I don't think the Xbox will be much cheaper or have such a big difference to justify the purchase.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You do realize it will be selling for BRL 5,000-9,000, ($900-$1700) over here right?
Scalpers are going to have a field day with these consoles.
It's 4.599 R$ on Brazil
https://psxbrasil.com.br/playstatio...o-brasil-precos-dos-jogos-e-fotos-das-caixas/

Sendo sincero, eu estava esperando que fosse muito mais caro, estou curioso pra ver qual será o preço do Xbox.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a PS5 showcase they talked about PC a lot
They already said expect more of their games to reach PC, trust me they'll dual release just like MS do in a few years tops..

Erm, just come back from work and now watched it.. OK I guess?? Overwhelming sense of deja vu with the overall presentation: Sony we've already seen how good the PS5 does(n't) look, no need to show those curves again! Big new announcements FFXVI and GOW - well GOW nailed it better by not showing anything, FF16 looked decidedly early/last gen - personally I'd have been more excited if that had done the GOW title only too... Price tags about right (just catching up on software rrp, and whatever that Plus PS4 stuff is so will leave the pitchfork in the shed for the moment :lol:) Spiderman and Demons Souls both looked great.... Aside from sense of deja vu, good presentation, again showing MS up with the exclusive titles, not bad in my opinion.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem with this console is that I know myself, and I have a consumerism problem.
I may end up buying both the PS5 and XSX before the end of the year if I can't control myself, and it is likely.

BUT truth said, I believe any SANE person (not myself) would wait and see until next year at least.

(almost a gambling problem...)
Fucking Amazon, already sent me an E-Mail "hey, we know you want a PS5, and you can preorder RIGHT NOW, hurry up while stock lasts"... damn brainwashers they know my weak point.... must.... resist....
And I couldn't resist, first part of the self-fulfilling prophecy, achieved.
Damn consumerism.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This, and this also applies for the camouflaged PC plebeian race aka Xbox Series X.
Not many exclusives IMHO.
yep, ur right, but $ony's exclusives need to wait till 2021, IF WE ALL can made it through 2020!
Meanwhile XX has more launch titles, just on time for Xmas 2020.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes I know that, but I don't think the Xbox will be much cheaper or have such a big difference to justify the purchase.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's 4.599 R$ on Brazil
https://psxbrasil.com.br/playstatio...o-brasil-precos-dos-jogos-e-fotos-das-caixas/

Sendo sincero, eu estava esperando que fosse muito mais caro, estou curioso pra ver qual será o preço do Xbox.

As expected, it's actually R$ 4,999;00. The R$ 4,499.00 is for the digital edition, which should be R$ 3,999.00 using their conversion.
Not only we're paying almost double, the benefit from buying the digital edition is pretty much gone.

Importing the disc drive edition WITH taxes is still a lot cheaper than buying here (R$ 4,300.00), and if I can get someone to bring it to me, it's almost half that (R$ 2,700;00; which should be the actual price).

Fk Sony, the government, and everyone else that allows crap like this to happen.

W9qI8k5QMf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFXVI Looked amazing. hearkened back to old-school ff1-6 aesthetic, but now actually truly done justice in HD 3D Graphics that they have tried for so long to attain since ff12.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Rail Fighter

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They already said expect more of their games to reach PC, trust me they'll dual release just like MS do in a few years tops..

Erm, just come back from work and now watched it.. OK I guess?? Overwhelming sense of deja vu with the overall presentation: Sony we've already seen how good the PS5 does(n't) look, no need to show those curves again! Big new announcements FFXVI and GOW - well GOW nailed it better by not showing anything, FF16 looked decidedly early/last gen - personally I'd have been more excited if that had done the GOW title only too... Price tags about right (just catching up on software rrp, and whatever that Plus PS4 stuff is so will leave the pitchfork in the shed for the moment :lol:) Spiderman and Demons Souls both looked great.... Aside from sense of deja vu, good presentation, again showing MS up with the exclusive titles, not bad in my opinion.

I just realized, they're making FF16 while we're still waiting for the FF7 Remake to become complete...

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just realized, they're making FF16 while we're still waiting for the FF7 Remake to become complete...
Ha. Perhaps by the end of PS5 life and after two or three more parts we will finally reach the end of CD1 and know what fate will Aerith have in this remake.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha. Perhaps by the end of PS5 life and after two or three more parts we will finally reach the end of CD1 and know what fate will Aerith have in this remake.

I'm at the final dungeon in final fantasy vii on the switch. I think it might've been remastered, because it definitely looks better than the version on the psx classic. I think midgar took 3-6 hours for me. the discs were longer than I remembered. I got stuck a few times, but even without using a guide, I got to the final dungeon in about 40 hours.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm at the final dungeon in final fantasy vii on the switch. I think it might've been remastered, because it definitely looks better than the version on the psx classic. I think midgar took 3-6 hours for me. the discs were longer than I remembered. I got stuck a few times, but even without using a guide, I got to the final dungeon in about 40 hours.
True.
The remake in the other hand, you know, it ends before you can even go into the open world, and to do that it takes perhaps 25 hours; something that was 3-6 hours in the original. There is new content, some of it good... but the story does not advance, it feels like filler... and it feels so much like kingdom hearts storytelling sometimes (i.e. nonsense)... I don't know, I didn't really like it that much. Regarding graphics it looks great, music OKish, but the storytelling/fun, it doesn't work for me.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought all the final fantasies for the switch. I'm at the final boss in 9. that took about 50 hours with no guide. I'm having trouble getting into 8 even though I beat it as a kid. that's definitely one that should be remade, because a lot of people hate the gameplay. what sucks is there's like no tutorials really. all the info is from a computer terminal in a classroom, so you're expected to remember all that without actually doing any of it. and, it's A LOT of information that's boring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs