Sony patches DNS Bypass, Sony demands Youtube/Twitter to give

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think gbatemp members need to make a "pirate sony day"...heck make it a week...maybe even a month where all we do is pirate sony-branded software.
tongue.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
antwill said:
He says that all the time, no matter the discussion or amount of pages. He thinks it helps 'strengthen' his 'argument'.
see for yourself:

hitler - do as i say or i will destroy you
sony - do as i say or i will sue you!
laugh.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
antwill said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Hah. If it weren't for us "worried pirates" or anybody really, they wouldn't be selling hardware in the first place. There are people who aren't pirates, don't agree with Sony and won't be buying their stuff. If it weren't for us customers, everybody at Sony would be out of a job. So yeah, I'm pretty sure they care what WE think. Because depending on what WE do, they could go out of business.
QUOTE(ShadowSoldier @ Feb 9 2011, 02:06 PM) Actually I didn't. I know Sony makes walkmans/discmans, mp3 players, game consoles, tvs, computers and all that stuff. But there are a lot of people out there who will disagree with what Sony is doing whether they are pirates or not. Just like how a lot of people boycott EA and Activision now (me being one of them against EA). Also, you don't have to be a pirate to go against Sony. A lot of homebrewers (yeah I know right, who knew people still homebrewed?!) will go against this because Sony is going too far.
Actually you did. Because I don't know anyone who's going to care that a company is trying to stop piracy and console hacking so much that they won't buy any Sony product even if they only buy their TVs for example. No they're not going to care. The only people who this affects are hackers, pirates, and geohot. You're just being naive if you think Sony is going to care what a tiny portion of their regular consumers think because of these lawsuits. "Oh no! ShadowSoldier won't buy our products, what ever will we do?! We're ruined now!"...
rofl.gif
you were thinking that in your head weren't you?

Oh hey look, an immature little dick who's trying to act cocky on the forums
ohmy.gif

You seriously don't understand a thing do you? This has nothing to do with piracy and crap, it's what they're trying to do, get everybody's personal information and stop ALL hacking/homebrew on their console.

So lets say that there are 100,000 people who don't buy their next console/handheld, some of them being hackers/homebrewers and the rest just being regular joes like me and you, but they don't support Sony in being assholes. And lets say their next product (even though we all know it will be overpriced) will sell for $350.00. Multiply that by the base 100k. Pretty big number already. And then for other people who are new to the homebrew/hacking scene, they're interested in it for their next console, but then these 100k people tell those people what happened and crap like that, how Sony goes on a suing spree trying to get your personal information ILLEGALLY. All of a sudden, those people are boycotting it. The number just grows and grows and grows.

And why is that? Not because of Sony trying to stop piracy. There's millions of ways they can go about doing that. Heck, pirates probably understand it. But to go after the people who just simply watched a YouTube video and commented on it or the people who are making LEGAL homebrew apps as well? People will get pissed off. I'm surprised you haven't figured this out yet.

Yes Sony makes other stuff. But there's also A LOT of other products out there that destroy Sony's products. TV's? Sony isn't the top dog at all, their tv's suck. Panasonic, Toshiba, Samsung, LG, JVC all make tv's that last a lot better than Sony's. Computers? Apple, Acer, HP just to name a few are better in that category as well. MP3 players? Apple controls that scene. Phones? Apple and Blackberry's territory. Handheld? Hah, Nintendo says "Hey what's up". The list just goes on and on. A small number of people, believe it or not, is all that's needed to bring the downfall of a company.

So yeah, Sony cares what we think. Just like every other company cares, that's why they have customer service to try and keep the customer happy. And if you think otherwise, you're a bigger idiot than Sony is.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
TV's? Sony isn't the top dog at all, their tv's suck. Panasonic, Toshiba, Samsung, LG, JVC all make tv's that last a lot better than Sony's.
lolwut?
JVC makes horrible LCD's

samsung, sony, panasonic, and lg are pretty much considered top tier HDTV's

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not necessarily true that u'll get sued. at least in the usa judicial system, there's an absolute: neither a company nor the government can perform an illegal act, such as invading a person's privacy without their consent, to obtain evidence. plus, u guys defending sony do realize that even if sony sues someone and wins, they won't see a dime of that money. the judicial system can make rulings but not enforce them. and, even if they could, u can't make something out of nothing. if u could, I'd go out into the backyard right now and plant a few quarters; hopefully, by morn, it'll have grown into a million dollars--yeah!

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Blahblahblah Sony, blahblahblah I hate, blahblahblah facists.

The hackers are out from PSN.

I'll not say anything on this matter differently from what I already said anyway.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Maedhros said:
Blahblahblah Sony, blahblahblah I hate, blahblahblah facists.

The hackers are out from PSN.

I'll not say anything on this matter differently from what I already said anyway.
NVM, mistook you for the other brazillian with no avatar in this thread.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Yes Sony makes other stuff. But there's also A LOT of other products out there that destroy Sony's products. TV's? Sony isn't the top dog at all, their tv's suck. Panasonic, Toshiba, Samsung, LG, JVC all make tv's that last a lot better than Sony's. Computers? Apple, Acer, HP just to name a few are better in that category as well. MP3 players? Apple controls that scene. Phones? Apple and Blackberry's territory. Handheld? Hah, Nintendo says "Hey what's up". The list just goes on and on. A small number of people, believe it or not, is all that's needed to bring the downfall of a company.

Apple doesn't quite control the MEDIA market anymore, actually. I'm starting to see a major drop in iPods... Phones aren't all theirs either, now. I see more Android then Blackberry OR iPhone. Granted, I still see iPhone everywhere, but Android is there too. Just tossing that out there XD

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
TV's? Sony isn't the top dog at all, their tv's suck. Panasonic, Toshiba, Samsung, LG, JVC all make tv's that last a lot better than Sony's.
lolwut?
JVC makes horrible LCD's

samsung, sony, panasonic, and lg are pretty much considered top tier HDTV's

depends what you get. sony gets their lcd panels from different manufacturers including samsung and sharp. if you get one with a samsung then it is probably crap. samsung doesn't even use their own panels on their top tvs. but no matter the picture quality on the sony + bells and whistles, it will likely break 1-2 days after warranty runs out, that's why sony is crap.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
machomuu said:
bigpaws said:
Hey we can boycott sony products and all watch the vid now
then all of gbatemp would be against them and we could get attacked an win
also, we could all sue for privacy breaking and then sony will be no more
That's not really that many people (in the long run).
Also, this is mostly a Nintendo forum, I doubt most members would be up for this.
That's exacly the point. You guys really think everyone is raging about this? Only people who modded their consoles (even then, not all of them, the same can be said for people with originals, only part of them are pissed).

I think people with PS3 now are very happy to see PSN without hackers, so I doubt they care about Geohotz vs Sony.

Jaylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh institutional fascism...
placing the interests of large corporations above that of its constituents...

i wonder if i made a car that ran free of gasoline and modified an existing engine design and posted a 3 step video on how to do it would car companies subpoena me or kick in my door.

however the united states has never been a democracy so saying it isnt democratic or its unconstitutional is purely out of the question with all of the loopholes in legislation provided to protect aristocrats and large companies.

the judicial system just isnt what it used to be because of rapidly advancing technology.

we can no longer skew interpretations of the founding fathers wishes, so we just make up laws to compensate for that and use political apathy to misguide the public from voting.

however sony has a point...seeing that all corporations are global corporations...by definiton
it has to be argued that this poses an international threat seeing as all regions of the console are affected.
it just does not make fiscal sense to allow it to continue.

but making an example out of geohotz with all of this outlandishness will not stop illicit activity.
you take a criminal off the streets, two others fill his shoes.
not saying he is a criminal, but seriously its a videogame console.

backup games will never truly eliminate legitmate sales
the prevalency of this issue would not be as endemic if we had the money to buy games
i mean the entertainment industry in general is highly saturated as it, so blaming piracy for a lack of sales is just insane
who has the money and time to enjoy all of this.
thats why it happens so that such things as software piracy become large deals in the proletariat side
i mean i definitely would buy more games if there were not so many other things that demanded money and time
shortly put, we just dont have the leisure time and spare capital anymore.

piracy is an accessible means to have what we want, at a nominal risk if even any at all.
look at music...mp3 piracy is non-stop...but are recording artists still richer than you?

im sure they are...so if a multi-billion dollar corporation complains over lost dollars when the people who buy thier product often buy it at a deficit anyway

they can fuck themsleves
like really hard...especially sony, their replicate phallus should be spiked and metallic

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
machomuu said:
bigpaws said:
Hey we can boycott sony products and all watch the vid now
then all of gbatemp would be against them and we could get attacked an win
also, we could all sue for privacy breaking and then sony will be no more
That's not really that many people (in the long run).
Also, this is mostly a Nintendo forum, I doubt most members would be up for this.
That's exacly the point. You guys really think everyone is raging about this? Only people who modded their consoles (even then, not all of them, the same can be said for people with originals, only part of them are pissed).

I think people with PS3 now are very happy to see PSN without hackers, so I doubt they care about Geohotz vs Sony.

Actually you're wrong. Very wrong. This isn't just about hacking and pirating. It's about Sony invading MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY people's privacy.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My god, Sony, just admit you fucked up and let people live their lives. Unless people are using this info to pirate games or play pirated games, they've done nothing wrong, and if they are pirating, it's the developer/publisher's concern - 9 times out of 10, you're neither, although your fuck-up is to blame. Suck it up. I can't believe you'd be dickish to actually remove advertised features and then try and sue anyone trying to re-implement some of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U