Sony: Nintendo "shouldn't bash" what we're doing wit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
It's pretty common practice for major publishers to throw jabs at each others' hardware and gameplan, but when Sony Worldwide Studios chief Shuhei Yoshida was asked about Nintendo's criticism of their 3D push, he took the "don't hate, appreciate" route.

While Sony had been busying itself with 3D TVs, 3D games, and 3D-fying systems, Nintendo has been fortifying the 3DS. Both publishers are the only ones with announced 3D gaming systems, but they're clearly going about it differently.

"I have hope that they have a broader perspective with 3D," Yoshida said. "When you listen to what they are saying about the effect of 3D perspective to the games, they are saying the same message we are, but they don't have to bash some small part of what the other company is doing."

But instead of launching a counterattack, Yoshida extends the arm of friendship. "I think as an industry we should preach this new perspective, from a very large cinema screen to a small portable, because that helps advancing the games and the game industry," he said. "We'd like to work together to promote 3D."

Source
Pfft. You were the one who were bashing Nintendo in the first place.
Extend the arm of friendship? I think Sony realises they cannot compete with Nintendo in the 3D market anymore. Not when we have to dish out a lot of money for a 3DTV, 3D Glasses and the resolution cut down by half. 3DS is built for 3D. PS3 has a long, long way to go. I'm not saying it isn't capable of 3D, (It's more than capable actually. With that hardware, it could handle holograms!) but the current technology is expensive and really limits the PS3's potential.

EDIT: Mods, please delete this. There is another thread here.
tongue.gif

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
proves Sony cant take what they dish out, They've been hating on motion controls and Nintendo period for years and finally Nintendo comes out, says "3D glasses are ugly" and suddenly Sony's sobbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over