Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft all agree to require a disclosure of lootbox odds for future games

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 7, 2019.

1. tiamat999

tiamat999 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    Well if no refunds for digital how about bringing back demos than. It really sucks when you buy a shitty game and can't get a refund

2. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Shouldn't need demos today what with Internet youtube etc and cmon if you buy a game and think its diarrhoea thts just to bad and again what with Internet always loads of reviews before you spend Yr cash

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Can't say I particularly pegged you as an apologist for the gaming industry.

Also while videos can help they are far from perfect, and usually say very little about input lag/quality, ability to mess around and how it works with my connection in the case of online games, to say nothing of some of the personally specific things.

Also why is it too bad if a game is bad? Generally "if not satisfied with purchase the return product for refund" is the done thing. Why would games be an exception to that notion?

4. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes Gates

GBAtemp Patron
    medoli900 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2013
    Lavender Town
    It's Gacha whale bread and butter. People verify those rates all the time with very good accuracy. When whales drop over 1000$ for their favorite waifu/hasubando, they can take note of the drop rate.

5. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    refunds should only be applied on any product only if faulty

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    So if a game has a bug?

7. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Bugs may appear in some games due to faulty discs if so then course get an exchange not a refund - and if you mean a bug wher you can't finish the game we'll I've not experienced tht in over 30 years of gaming

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Why would finishing the game be the delineation? There are plenty of show stopping bugs that make progression or play far from optimal, and beyond that why stop there and not stop at typos or failures of localisation (left it as imperial measurements say)?

9. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    You really overthink things:lol: look I work in retail and I kno some of the crap tht people say to get a refund-you must be the only gamer in the world who would complain about a typo in a game to demand a refund

10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    You are the one drawing very odd lines in the sand. I have seen enough stuff in retail, and read enough stories as well, but that is just people gaming a system as far as I am concerned. Would suck if they help to ruin something good.
    I am similarly not saying a typo should warrant a refund but if you said things that are broken should be replaced then I was trying to figure out where to draw a line as far as bugs goes.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted