Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Sony Computer Entertainment UK boss Ray Maguire has told us that 3D gaming is a natural evolution for the medium and one which the company’s rivals would be unwise to ignore.

At an event to mark the rollout of PS3’s first stereoscopic 3D games today, we asked Maguire whether he expected Microsoft to embrace 3D gaming on Xbox 360.

“I would say that they have to. Whether they can is a different matter, but of course everyone will have to get into 3D because it’s the natural way of viewing the world. So why would you stay in a 2D world if you have the ability to do 3D? We have the ability to do 3D right now with the devices consumers already have in their living rooms.”

Microsoft hasn’t been as open as Sony about its 3D intentions, although it recently confirmed that it had partnered with LG to co-promote upcoming 3D TVs alongside 3D-capable Xbox 360 games in South Korea. At the time the firm told us that that 3D games on Xbox 360 “will continue to evolve” as adoption of the technology grows.

Sony expects 3D playback devices to be in 40 per cent of UK homes by 2014.

Aside from 3D, Maguire also spoke to us about Sony’s plans for E3, the state of the PSPgo and corporate smack talk between rivals.
Source.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
but of course everyone will have to get into 3D because it’s the natural way of viewing the world
BULLSHIT i have NO intention of getting a 3d tv or ever using one. sony being idiots as usual saying if you don't use their products your not WITH IT today pure BS.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
PfffftBWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! They must be one some good shit, because unless it's the 3DS, or some other form of portable 3D, Most of anybody is going to pass it up.

I won't be getting a 3D TV, becuase I just bought a 42 inch flat screen LAST year. Goddammit, i'm not made out of money, and gaming is expensive as it is!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's a great idea, let's halve the resolution or frame rate of all games so they can be displayed in 3D. No thanks.

If they want 3D, they'll have to bring out an refreshed console with twice the power.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If it weren't for the damn glasses I'd be in on getting a 3DTV. I wear glasses myself and I've read that you can were the 3D ones over a pair of eye glasses, but come on how comfortable can that be after a couple hours of gaming or movie watching? The moment they come up with a way of doing it with out having to wear them damn glasses then ill get one, unless of course they make a really cool game then I suppose I'll prolly take the leap then.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
and what the hell does Sony know about the current gaming trend?

Did they seriously think that we would LOOOOOVE to pay full price for a Digital Download of a PSP game, that you can't resell, and can't transfer to a new account? Or did they thing that it would be so incredibly AWESOME to base the latest PSP model solely on Digital Distribution?

please, Sony is so out of touch with the average consumer it's ridiculous.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
431unknown said:
If it weren't for the damn glasses I'd be in on getting a 3DTV. I wear glasses myself and I've read that you can were the 3D ones over a pair of eye glasses, but come on how comfortable can that be after a couple hours of gaming or movie watching?
Put it like this, the Samsung 3D TV's come with a health warning.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/news...arning.html?rss

It's because of the flicker.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
431unknown said:
If it weren't for the damn glasses I'd be in on getting a 3DTV. I wear glasses myself and I've read that you can were the 3D ones over a pair of eye glasses, but come on how comfortable can that be after a couple hours of gaming or movie watching?
Put it like this, the Samsung 3D TV's come with a health warning.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/news...arning.html?rss

It's because of the flicker.

Screw that shit then, if I want to get a headache I'll break out my virtualboy!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
431unknown said:
if I want to get a headache I'll break out my virtualboy!
3D is nothing but a BIG headache that's what it gives you only kidz don't get headaches so 3D is ONLY for kidz and i'm sure their all gonna be buying 3d tv's
laugh.gif

QUOTESony expects 3D playback devices to be in 40 per cent of UK homes by 2014.
keep talking out of your ass sony
rolleyes.gif

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
I dunno about it just being for "kids". Plenty of people in the UK seem to be interested in 3DTV, price is dropping rapidly and I know quite a few people who are planning on buying a set this year/early next year.

It's not for me, but to dismiss it as "for kids only" is silly and immature.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Who are Sony to say what another company should be doing? I guess they're back to the arrogant route of talking out of their asses... personally I hope it carries over to E3. I'd really enjoy another laughable Sony E3 presentation in the spirit of the 599 US dollars/Ridge Racer/Massive damage/giant enemy crab debacle.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Bladexdsl said:
431unknown said:
3D is nothing but a BIG headache that's what it gives you only kidz don't get headaches so 3D is ONLY for kidz and i'm sure their all gonna be buying 3d tv's
laugh.gif
I had plenty of headaches when I was younger. Kids get headaches.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Bladexdsl said:
431unknown said:
laugh.gif
I had plenty of headaches when I was younger. Kids get headaches.
But, he wouldn't lie to us like that.

Would he?

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Good 3DTVs are still too expensive for most people. Mediocre sets that aren't really worth buying are affordable, but I don't see why anyone would want to bother. A couple years down the road, they'll just have to pay another $2000-$5000 for quad HDTVs (or 4KTVs, as I call them) and so on. The whole thing is really starting to become quite dull.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: