1. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i'd actually be on sony's side, saying they can't thoroughly beta test every game, if it weren't for this comment on the refund policy:
    they dug their own grave.
    who determines what a "faulty" game is? well, they didn't specify, so I guess it's up to the court to decide.

although i'll still argue that sony isn't the greedy one here. i would guess that the majority of people asking for refunds didn't actually buy faulty games. they just didn't think the game was fun, which i personally don't think is a valid reason when you have the internet in order to research the game as much as you want beforehand.
    yes, steam has a more friendly policy, good for them. i still think sony's is fine.

2. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Its penalty for such greedy behavior and going against the law. It's no laughing matter and law is not a toy to be played with.

As for games, yes, they are worth way way less than penalty.

StrayGuitarist and depaul like this.
  3. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yes you are right, but not with Sony( greed as hell)

depaul likes this.
  4. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Digital or phisical games the money is real though...so to say. Its yours if nothing, you should have the right to refund it..

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  5. Agusto101

Agusto101 GBAtemp Fan

Guatemala
    I like happy endings hahaha.

StrayGuitarist, Sinon and MetoMeto like this.
  6. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Wow that really sucks. I'd be so frustrated...i'm frustrated reading what happened to you!!!
    Its your fucking money lol and you bought whats not there xD its mental...ofc you , by all logic in this world, have right to return it, physical or not.

"Youre kind, youre good" jesus im sick when they go all personal. I WANT MY MONEY LADY, YOUR COMPANY FUCKED ME UP, YOU DONT NEED TO TELL ME IM KIND, youre not my girlfriend! xD

Its like Sony BEGS people to pirate their games instead of buying them. Go pirates! Well you can always download pirated version and see if you like it or not...

Last edited by MetoMeto, Jun 5, 2020
  7. PiracyForTheMasses

PiracyForTheMasses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So you expected Sony to refund you because of your own stupidity, sorry bro that is NOT how it works. You claim you bought MW2R because it was advertised as having multiplayer which is NOT true. In fact it was NEVER advertised as having multiplayer and before it launched the developers made it clear that there would NOT be multiplayer. Then when you contact Sony you say you bought MWR which is a completely different game that DOES include multiplayer.

8. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    My psn charges say London and its always confused me

9. MeAndHax

MeAndHax Impolite person with some modding knowledge.

Germany
    Now I hope that they sue Nintendo too

Sinon likes this.
  10. FamicomHeero

FamicomHeero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It feels like so many companies try to see how much they can get away with. Even when they're fined it's never enough.

StrayGuitarist and Sinon like this.
  11. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

How do they work out the 3.5 million figure?

12. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Would've been so much easier (and cheaper) if they had simply refunded.

13. MiiJack

MiiJack GBAtemp Fan

Madagascar
    How to make a pro gamer move:
    1. create a game with a major bug in it
    2. publish it
    3. ask your friends to buy it
    4. ask for a refund
    5. wait for a refusal
    6. file complaints
    7. Wait
    8. ...
    9. win in court
    Now the company is bleeding money.

14. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Steams refund policy is pretty bad a lot of the time as well. Play 2 hours of a broken game in the US or Canada? You might be SOL.

15. Tatsuna

Tatsuna Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It's consumer's right to be able to get a refund from a product they're totally not satisfied with. If I try the game for a couple of hours and it disgusts me, I have every right to get a refund if I want to. Digital properties are not (and should not) to be treated differently.

16. DJPlace

DJPlace the hater of something i can't recall.

United States
    take that sony i may be loyal to you rooty poo candy asses but taxing digital tax like everyone else is a dick move. i live in new York state but i changed my adress to my mom's so you are not getting my hard earned SSI you bastards.

17. JustBrandonT

JustBrandonT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Stupidity? Why? You don't even know me. It's not like I research EVERY single game before purchasing it. Secondly, are you really calling me stupid because I POSSIBLY purchased the wrong game and within 10 minutes of realizing asked if they would exchange it for the correct one or let me purchase the correct one without having to buy both? You don't have the slightest clue about customer service it seems.

If I did that on any other platform, they'd at least let me EXCHANGE it or refund it especially if it's only 10 MINUTES since download which they can obviously see.

Finally, it said "Online features" right on the sales page.. so I assumed it was multiplayer. I don't know which game on PS4 has Online features that are not multiplayer.

It's not like I waited 24 hours or anything. I contacted immediately. If you WANT a bank statement showing the times I have no problem showing you (though, I mentioned it in the chat logs, I can even give you the Refund Request number and you can verify the chat yourself). I don't even see why you are attacking me here :S.

It also seems like you actually think I contacted them about the WRONG game. I did NOT:
    Where do you get off saying such a statement.. I literally purchased MW right after because I was NOT able to refund MW2! (You actually have to talk to the chatbot FIRST for it to confirm the right title and purchase date before you can even meet a representative) -__- The assumptions you make so that it seems like I am the bad person here is just terrible.. Have a good day and enjoy the pic below (hope you READ the dates).

[​IMG]

PS: I honestly hope you NEVER purchase a bad OR faulty game..

Last edited by JustBrandonT, Jun 6, 2020
  18. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Sound like Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC), really does their job unlike other Commission form other countries.

Questions

How to get protected by Australian Competition & Consumer Commission?

Sony console region locked to Australia, with Australia based account would be sufficient?

19. PROTOBOY

PROTOBOY GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Sony is not a customer friendly, I am not buying ps5.

RIP ps5!!!

20. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Can't say I feel bad, oh well lol

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, involving, Australia