Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
doesnt make a bit of difference games is what sells systems

no games = no sales
Of course it does, but in this case it's irrelevant.

Anyway, the reason the line up sucked is because Nintendo decided to try an experimental idea (the amazing idea of putting complete 3rd party support as the line up) on an already experimental concept of a console. They failed.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the 3ds has 1 game worth getting and that's OOT but that's not even a new game it's mainly a remake the rest is CRAP SW mainly. we'll see what happens in September though.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
the 3ds has 1 game worth getting and that's OOT but that's not even a new game it's just a remake the rest is CRAP SW mainly. we'll see what happens in September though.
There's Samurai Warriors, SSFIV, Dead or Alive, that's 4. And I don't see why a remake makes it any worse, I like remakes. The reason I don't like this particular one is because it was pure and lazy.

We're starting to get off the tracks, though.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Bladexdsl said:
the 3ds has 1 game worth getting and that's OOT but that's not even a new game it's just a remake the rest is CRAP SW mainly. we'll see what happens in September though.
There's Samurai Warriors, SSFIV, Dead or Alive, that's 4. And I don't see why a remake makes it any worse, I like remakes. The reason I don't like this particular one is because it was pure and lazy.
"This particular one", which is?

Without the same eye candy, 3DS should be enough to have a game like Gravity Daze.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I didn't even think that the psv true power (not like it need anymore power >.>).

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
KingVamp said:
Without the same eye candy, 3DS should be enough to have a game like Gravity Daze.
rolleyes.gif

Honestly, we've only seen a few PVs and you're now saying the 3DS can handle it?

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
raulpica said:
The market is simply in deep crisis. People have a lot less money to spend than in 2006, and that gets reflected in the 3DS' sales.

The Vita might be an amazing device, but if it gets released at 249$, it'll be doomed with little sales, just like the 3DS (at least pre-price cut).

People aren't ready to shell out all this money right now, especially when they still feel comfortable with their previous-gen devices like the DS and the PSP.

The only ones who would buy them (the next-gen consoles, that is) right now are the hardcore gamers and the fanboys (which, trust me, are a REAL minority in the market shares).
I disagree with the first quote. People didn't buy the 3DS because it was wrong priced for what it offers. No software = no sales.

If the Vita comes with what it's showing, a great line-up and great multiplayer characteristics, and still fails, then I'll be a retro handheld gamer forever. Because if this shit on iDevices that people call games are the future, then the future is a bad place, and I'll not be there.

It's doing everything good and has potential to be one of the best handheld devices for gaming, ever.

Also, it'll get released at $249 and will do fine, they can't make the price go even lower, unless they cut everything that makes it appealing. Sony doesn't have to be the first for it to be sucessfull.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do think Sony will have some issues for the same reason like last time: casuals flock to handhelds, "core" generally flock to consoles.

That's why the PS3 is doing good, and the PSP is not. It could be the same unless Sony steps up and focuses on the better paying audience. Just because people bought the 3DS for 250 doesn't mean they'll buy the PSV for 250.

250 was an atrocious price that only fanboys bought into (including myself). Think of the general audience.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I do think Sony will have some issues for the same reason like last time: casuals flock to handhelds, "core" generally flock to consoles.

That's why the PS3 is doing good, and the PSP is not. It could be the same unless Sony steps up and focuses on the better paying audience. Just because people bought the 3DS for 250 doesn't mean they'll buy the PSV for 250.

250 was an atrocious price that only fanboys bought into (including myself). Think of the general audience.
Which is basically the audience the games were for, save some of the later games and SSFIV. This is rather oxymoronic and does not bode well for sales.

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if they have a good launch then the price wouldn't matter. Even for the 3ds i wouldn't have minded the price if it had had good launch games.. i understand at the launch of the ds they had a bad launch line up but it was because nintendo wasnt sure if it would catch on. but for the 3ds they should have know to get it right from the start. as for sony, they are trying to get it right, its not over priced its correctly priced because it packs so much power and so many features. with the touch screen alone you should expect to get a good line up of mobile phone game ports like a decent traditional angry birds which was made for touch screens. as for people expecting a price cut, dont expect one the psp go took ages to come down and that was just a revamp of the psp, and people still bought it,

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Slyakin said:

That's why the PS3 is doing good, and the PSP is not.
Nope. The PSP isn't doing good because it simply offer nothing appealing to most of the people. It's dead on the west since - almost - the release. They gave the priority to save the PS3 and forgot about the PSP, that's why it's doing bad.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Slyakin said:

Nope. The PSP isn't doing good because it simply offer nothing appealing to most of the people. It's dead on the west since - almost - the release. They gave the priority to save the PS3 and forgot about the PSP, that's why it's doing bad.
Plus it's overcrowded with Japanese niche games, which is great for me, but for the average gamer it's not so great as these games are overlooked by them.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Slyakin said:

That's kind of what I meant with "general audience". They're not appealing to the crowd their marketing at.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Maedhros said:
Slyakin said:

That's kind of what I meant with "general audience". They're not appealing to the crowd their marketing at.

Japanese people? Yeah, hard to appeal to them outside of Japan.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maedhros said:
Slyakin said:

PSP is still selling solid here, especially on the second-hand market. There are loads of people grabbing up a PSP now, already completely hacked, for less than 70 euros/dollars! It's still very much alive here, and that's not because it 'has nothing appealing'.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Slyakin said:
Maedhros said:
Slyakin said:

If the games the iDevices/Android have are what you call appealing to "general audience", then yeah, not only Vita, but 3DS too are doomed.

Of course, that won't be the case. The experience the portables offer are different to the experience iOS/Android/Console games offer.

If Vita can be a jack-of-all-trades when it's come to games (in other words, have since $0.99 to $40 games in it), it will do fine.

EDIT:

PSP is still selling solid here, especially on the second-hand market. There are loads of people grabbing up a PSP now, already completely hacked, for less than 70 euros/dollars! It's still very much alive here, and that's not because it 'has nothing appealing'.

The sales says otherwise. Seriously, the PSP is dead in the west. Software is the problem, we have nothing coming from Sony to the PSP this year.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Slyakin said:
Maedhros said:
Slyakin said:

If the games the iDevices/Android have are what you call appealing to "general audience", then yeah, not only Vita, but 3DS too are doomed.

Of course, that won't be the case. The experience the portables offer are different to the experience iOS/Android/Console games offer.

If Vita can be a jack-of-all-trades when it's come to games (in other words, have since $0.99 to $40 games in it), it will do fine.
Yeah, but then devs would start making cheap app games...we'd be doomed as gamers.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Maedhros said:
Slyakin said:

Second hand doesn't help Sony at all. If anything, that is a contribution to killing the system when people don't buy new. If Sony is making little profit off the PSP in games (and the games don't sell that well), and systems are primarily circulating the second hand market and not really being sold new, then the system might as well be dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?