1. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps.
    Senior Editor

United States
    Even so, Nintendo still appears at E3, offering interviews, meetings, and most importantly, a lot of gameplay footage. And it basically is still an E3 conference, just not on a physical stage. They still put their biggest Nintendo Direct up during E3, it’s branded for E3, etc. PS will have none of this, at all. EA tried to do the same, and it didn’t work at all; everyone rolls their eyes at EA Play, much like people do with current State of Play videos.

Red771, Xzi and Taleweaver like this.
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    E3 circled the drain for longer than I expected.

3. MarcusCarter

MarcusCarter Founder of Woolooism

United States
    [​IMG]

For those that don't know, E3 means it is comprised of 3 E's: Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    campbell0505 likes this.
  4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    they know the switch pro is going to be shown that's why :creep:

Hardline likes this.
  5. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Togo
    I feel like sony is very secretive because they're hiding something that they don't want ms to find out and implement it also on their xbox series, so they're trying to hold off announcing the ps5 until it's very close to the release date.

6. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

United States
    E3 just isn't special anymore. Information travels a lot faster now and honestly big companies don't need to show their face at E3 anymore as they can just have their own events.

7. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Normally at E3 they would unveil the PS5 and show the launch games but I guess they probably have nothing special... I don't really remember a good releases last E3 (Not saying the E3 Event) But in general.

I'm holding on to my PS4 for a bit I don't think they have anything for PS5 yet and BC isn't good enough at this time especially when the PS Plus and PS now isn't that good.

8. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They dont want another 499 price fiasco e3 on their belt.

9. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    Wow, way to shoot yourselves in the foot for a backyard circlejerk party instead. E3 2020 should be THE PERFECT PLACE AND TIME to reveal your new system, you $hitbags! That goes for Microsoft too! Think of how lit it would have been to see PS5 vs SeXbox gameplay footage side by side!!!

10. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBATemp's official Weedle fan-HAT-ic!

United States
    Two years?!? Didn't see THIS coming!

11. ZetsuboOH

ZetsuboOH Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    If this gonna be the PS5 launch price, I can't even imagine how much it going to cost here in my country (Brazil)

Also, it's seems like Sony don't care anymore about E3

12. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Guess they don't want to compete for attention, especially when Microsoft will be in full Series X mode at that point. Still, it almost seems a bit cowardly to not be there and instead hand the event over to Microsoft. I mean, Nintendo will probably have a fine show focused mostly on games for the Switch, but Microsoft seems poised to steal the show now. Of course, Microsoft being Microsoft, they could still fumble and let Nintendo steal the spotlight instead. Which all the more makes me think that Sony should have a proper show this year at E3, it'd be huge if the PS5 came out on top. But I suppose if they did go and the Series X had the better show, that would be a big immediate blow to the PS5, and if the Xbone has taught us anything, the last thing you want to do is stumble out the gate at the starting line.

13. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Aww don't cry yr gonna be level 50 soon-sony are you reading this this girl deserves a 50 % off voucher for the ps5 :D

Chary likes this.
  14. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Awwww, man... That's really sad. :(
    E3 is supposed to be a place where new technology can be shown, so a new console to tinker with and see in action would be a great opportunity for @Chary to finally get one of her dreams fulfilled.

Okay : I admit. For anything else, I can't really say I mind. E 3 is slowly becoming known as 'the end of the week when all 'leaks' regarding video games hit the internet. And me being halfway on the other end of the planet means I won't be attending anytime soon, so it's not like there's much difference on this end.

... But I've now got an extra reason to hope Nintendo pulls a new switch from their ass: if not, Microsoft's marketing team might draw conclusion from the fact they won E3 at their stupid project name was a good idea...

Xzi and Chary like this.
  15. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Good news - remember that the people running E3 failed to adequately protect the personal information of a great many people, leading to one of the worst data breaches the "convention" has seen, last year.
    Hell, from what I heard, the document wasn't even password-protected, or located behind a locked page! It was just there for any nefarious Joe Schmoe to download and doxx! And the hosts even KNEW about this, due to being forewarned by a female journalist/critic I can't remember the name of! Yet they did NOTHING about it until it was much too late!

Not to mention how the hosts are planning on changing E3 to an "influencer" event this year...ugh. Fuck off already with that garbage.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  16. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

Erm i recall nintendo cutting out exhibitions like E3 and opted to do nintendo direct insted.

Exhibitions are a waste of money, just think the thousands you blow, when they havent got anything new really that we dont already know

Id rather save money, invest in better things and when i had something worth showing, then id attend the event.

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  17. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps.
    Senior Editor

United States
    They stopped doing the conference stage show, which takes place at E3 in the auditorium, or in a theater in downtown Los Angeles. That's different to the show floor. Every year, Nintendo has still been there; whether it was 2016 and their Breath of the Wild booth, 2017's Odyssey booth, 2018's Pikachu and Eevee themed booth, and 2019's SwSh Pokemon gym. They bring their A game to the show floor.

18. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

That sounds to me like an exit! you need to concentrate on something else a new hobby maybe to get involved in? that 20-- too young will end up been 30 and then more! if you don't do something successful before your at least 30 then the rest of your years will fly by.. trust me get into something now different else you will regret it!

19. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps.
    Senior Editor

United States
    I can't tell if this is some sorta satire or joke comment or not. Had to re-read it multiple times. Because I was was one of the youngest of my peers, and unable to attend a showing once, I should pack it up and just quit a hobby that I enjoy? Lol. That's like telling someone if they couldn't see a PG13 movie when they were 10, they should quit watching movies forever.

Who are you to judge success? I think I'll keep on doing what makes me happy, thanks lol.

aMp, relauby, Silent_Gunner and 3 others like this.
  20. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    E3 is kill

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, skipping, consumer