Sony invests $250 million into Epic Games for minority stake and better collaborations

XfIkByh.png

Epic Games and Sony are partnering up, as Sony Corporation has invested $250 million dollars in Epic Games, in order to secure a minority stake in the company. According to the press release, this strategic investment will allow both parties to better collaborate, in both gaming and the "digital entertainment landscape". This follows Sony and Epic showing off the new Unreal Engine 5 together during the PlayStation 5 showcase event.

“Sony and Epic have both built businesses at the intersection of creativity and technology, and we share a vision of real-time 3D social experiences leading to a convergence of gaming, film, and music. Together we strive to build an even more open and accessible digital ecosystem for all consumers and content creators alike,” said Tim Sweeney, Founder and CEO of Epic.

:arrow: Source

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey never know we could have have epic game launcher available on ps5. That'd be kind of cool.
Ummm, isn't that one of the bigger positives of consoles, is that everything is sold at ONE store? Your only "launcher" is your console's operating system?

Also, I see Epic is thinking about the future. Fortnite isn't going to remain super popular forever.

Last edited by Viri,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Quarions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ummm, isn't that one of the bigger positives of consoles, is that everything is sold at ONE store? Your only "launcher" is your console's operating system?

Also, I see Epic is thinking about the future. Fortnite isn't going to remain super popular forever.
Fortnite will become a platform. Mark my words. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over