Sony introduces "PlayStation Hits" line of discounted "greatest" PS4 games

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 21, 2018.

Front-page
    h2-noscale.

In the last console generation, the best-selling PlayStation 3 games managed to be repackaged with a bright red box, denoting that they were the "greatest hits" of the platform. Now, the PlayStation 4 is getting that same treatment in the form of the PlayStation Hits series. Games deemed as the most popular or best selling on the console have been repackaged, and will be selling for only $20, both digitally and physically starting on June 28.

The fifteen games on the list include the following:

• Bloodborne
    • Metal Gear Solid V
    • Yakuza 0
    • Yakuza Kiwami
    • Project Cars
    • Ratchet and Clank
    • The Last of Us Remastered
    • Driveclub
    • Infamous Second Son
    • Street Fighter V
    • DOOM
    • LittleBigPlanet 3
    • Uncharted 4
    • Battlefield 4
    • Killzone Shadow Fall

:arrow: Source

CallmeBerto likes this.
    Discussion (21 replies)
  1. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Red cases and I assume they're also not printed from both sides one with the "Playstation Hits" writing and one just like the original cover. If they at least would continue to print both version Hits and the normal one. I hate this kind of inconsistency in the shelf...
    On the upside: These games officially became more inexpensive :yay:

I'm surpised to see a fast paced hard-core FPS (Doom 2016) and a remaster of a PS3 game (The Last of Us) in the list of what seems to be a list of really well sold PS4 games :huh:

Last edited by VitaType, Jun 21, 2018
  2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    killzone was crap, they basicaly took away anything good in killzone, and its greatest hits because its 1st party game really its not even on the top 40 ps4 games sales.

VitaType likes this.
  3. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    It's probably cuz sales have slowed down on these. Horizon woulda been here if not for sales still going well I imagine.

I'm more surprised to see third party games, but that's been the case since ps2 and maybe 1. Guess I'm just too used to Nintendo where only first party titles get this.

Last edited by Zense, Jun 21, 2018
    VitaType likes this.
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Take people so long to get this "Greatest hits" edition out, where is my nintendo greatest hits? I want discount on ports. :ninja:

leafeon34 likes this.
  5. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Guess that will take a while. The first Wii Selects came out in 2011 (2012 for the Pikmin 2 Selects release, which was a GameCube port with added pointer control). Five years after the Wii release. The first WiiU Selects came out in 2016 four years after the WiiU launch (also 2016 for the Selects of the enhanced and polished GameCube port Wind Waker HD).

Yes, the PS1 had a ton of 3rd party games in what here in Europe was called "Platinum". They used this awful standard Europe cases, but the labels featured alot of silver/light grey (the first one is for PS1)

Last edited by VitaType, Jun 21, 2018
    Zense likes this.
  6. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    DRIVE CLUB LOLOLOLOL

Half of these games they already gave free for plus members and/or could be previously found lower than 19.99. Some are even PS3 games.

Wow what a bunch of con men are sony computer entertainment execs turning into.

7. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    Actually I just remembered that I own the platinum Tekken 3 version...

8. rdurbin

rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    US
    anyone know if these prices apply to digital downloads?

9. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    America definitely had 3rd party PSX games in the greatest hits line. My copies of MGS and RE Directors Cut (dual shock version) have that dreaded green banner.

10. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Horizon the complete edition has already dropped in the psn store to 19.99 permanently. So have most of the titles in this thread.

DS1 likes this.
  11. supergamer368

supergamer368 this isn’t bookworm adventures deluxe

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Zanzibar Island, 5:00 PM
    Wasn’t DOOM already $20? Or am I just thinking of the pc version?

chartube12 likes this.
  12. JFizDaWiz

JFizDaWiz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    im pretty sure these are the prices we've seen for a little while now. hell i bought Yakuza Kiwami for $12 at Best Buy in the Steelbook last year

DS1 likes this.
  13. DS1

DS1 伝説の雀士

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    Yes!
    Street Fighter V vanilla... I'm not sure that missing out on 2 years worth of DLC is worth saving $10 :unsure:

This reminds me I still have to get a Yakuza game for PS4..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes, it says right in the article "be selling for only $20, both digitally and physically starting on June 28."

14. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    THE pc one only costs 5 bucks, i bought mine 5 months ago for 11 euro, best money ever spent

15. Kyuuketsuki

Kyuuketsuki GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Seinan Eikoku
    Wait until December (or after Thanksgiving), when SONY always have a digital sale. ^_^

Doom, is generally just a cheap title. In the UK, it can be picked up new for £9.99 ($13) with the UAC pack.

I see SONY pretty much using this as an effort to push more consoles as they reach Q4, along with these games that are only cheaper than the original release price (it actually fools some consumers). The only titles that are worth it for me, are the two Yakuza games (since the PS4 isn't region locked for games). B-)

16. chirogan

chirogan The Engineer

Feb 28, 2018
    Philippines
    Great! Sony Selects!

17. zeveroth

zeveroth GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    United States
    Technically you do get a discount on those major game ports. Most of them come with all previous dlc included.

18. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    A major discount is $20 less than $60 the game initially cost at the time of release. Like most ports. :ninja:

19. zeveroth

zeveroth GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    United States
    All I'm saying is that you are saving at least $20 when you include cost of dlc.