Sony insists Vita is here to stay

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually just recently had to dust off my 3DS paperweight and plug it in.
Been...two months? or more since I touched it.

Vita seems fine to me. I've got probably 10+ games I still want to play but can't find the time to. Minecraft sure as hell isn't one of them.
Unless they can give me modded minecraft on vita. Then maybe. Vanilla is shit.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vita might be here to stay but the games aren't being released outside of Japan, not an issue for me for obvious reasons but for those who don't import they are missing out on great games and Cross Play games (the US hardly ever gets the Vita versions of games unless they were released in the West to begin with).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hahahahahahah! That's a cute little joke you got there Sony.
So another screen to play Minecraft on, so if I don't want to play it on my PC, cellphone, tablet, Raspberry Pi, Xbox 360, PS3, XBOne, PS4, and pretty much everything with a screen, I can also now play it on the vita!
I'm sorry, but another port of Minecraft isn't selling it for me. Try again with a more impressive game.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's a shame to know that a great handheld like the Vita will never find a market.

I could argue that "great" can also be defined in number of sales. And with that sort of definition, things are pretty contradictionary (it certainly isn't great if it can't find a market).

As for what I think? That it's a desperate move. People who are interested in minecraft already played it elsewhere. Unless they want to play it handheld, in which case they play it EVERYWHERE (c'mon...who doesn't have a smartphone nowadays?).
I won't deny that it's a good release, but it should've been released at least a year before.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Man, I love reading all these "OH MINECRAFT WON'T HELP :cry:" when they don't seem to realize that A), all the portable Minecraft ports are absolute garbage and if whomever is porting this over does it correctly, it'll sell like hotcakes, and B), Minecraft is still insanely popular, despite all the hate you see, there are still millions of people who play the game religiously and as posted earlier people still buy non-PC versions.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...you are aware that's because they're selling out right? Stores aren't just not carrying it, they're literally selling out of the stock they have.

They might not have a lot of stock or something, but it's selling and not just disappearing.

As for the news, meh. I like my Vita, I like the games it gets, so I don't care.

i just can't find then old FUCKING MODEL!!

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I plan on buying minecraft for vita =D I don't have it for a handheld yet so this should be awesome. As for the vita itself, I think it is around to stay, but that it isn't as strong as the PSP was :<

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am fine using my Vita to play indies. That doesnt really bother me, but a lack of AAA titles is... well kinda a big deal. I dont really play minecraft so that its a huge selling point, but I would like to see the Vita opened up with emulators and other homebrew if im not going to be getting any major games.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Sony is doing the right thing, all the focus at Sony should be on the PS4 right now. Trying to support the Vita would just hand Nintendo an opening on the home market and for what gains in the portable market?

Would be like if Tiger Woods stopped playing Golf so he could go try to take on Micheal Jordan as Basketball. Not a good idea.

So Sony you keep playing Golf!!! Don't let Nintendo troll you into a basketball game... lol

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Sony is doing the right thing, all the focus at Sony should be on the PS4 right now. Trying to support the Vita would just hand Nintendo an opening on the home market and for what gains in the portable market?

Would be like if Tiger Woods stopped playing Golf so he could go try to take on Micheal Jordan as Basketball. Not a good idea.

So Sony you keep playing Golf!!! Don't let Nintendo troll you into a basketball game... lol

No it wouldn't.

Reactions: MegaAce™

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't kid yourself, Sony. The sad thing is, I was going to sell my Vita next chance I got, but then the PS and Sleep buttons stopped working (though I can still turn on my Vita/reset it by holding down the PS button), so no way Gamestop's going to take it now.

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
2014 was a great year for the vita and there are so many awesome games still incoming, that most of my time is spend with this device (atm enjoying danganronpa 2 <3)... the vita has great 3rd party support especially when you like japanese games, but the way sony treating it like crap pisses me off

it often looks like sony doesn´t even try to promote it seriously

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I still have nothing against the Vita, but still going to say that they need to push more than just Minecraft to save the system.
Since launch, there has been next to no advertising for it and slim to none in the game department. They need to start pushing software that everyone and their dog owns on pretty much everything with a screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche