OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
16408194328_f3378cf3a6_z.jpg

The Vita is now officially three years old in the big 3 regions, and as such Sony decided to finally put some Vita games on sale. Finally! You'll also find 3 freebies waiting for you as well, including a Toro and Friends Vita Theme, Fat Princess: Piece of Cake 8 Gold Coin Packs, and a Destiny of Spirits special Spirit*.

Games included in the sale are:

1.png
:arrow: Source

*See source for details on how to activate

Reactions: Margen67 and Adeka

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
If you like RPGs to any degree and own a Vita, buy Tales of Hearts. Do it. It is such a fun game and in no way suffers in quality from the lack of English dub. The story is good, the characters are interesting, and the gameplay is fun. All in all, it's a solid 8.5/10 experience.

Anyways, I may pick up a couple of things. I'm not sure. I own most of what I like on the Vita, and what I don't have isn't really in this sale. I might consider SAO. Maybe. I'm still super iffy on it, but I started SAO season two recently and even if the game isn't stellar, I kind of want it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS Vita looked cool and I really liked it but I never own it because of poor sale and not much of 3rd parties either. I do not liked any games on PS Vita so I will pass it. I hope that Sony learn their lesson and improved the next awesome portable for a better 3rd party supporting. :D

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I should buy a Vita... Some day... Whenever I have some spare money.
There are not so many nice games, but I would get at least P4G, Tales of Hearts R and Deception IV (only because I was a fan of the series, I know it is rated badly).
Perhaps there are some good RPGs there (I don't know), but P4G is probably enough to justify buying the poor love lacking Vita.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a vita solely for P4G and Resident Evil Rev. 2, but...

Diva F 2nd is such a GREAT and polished rhythm game, and I love hyperdimensions series on the vita.
Picked up SAO from the sale, and danganronpa yesterday. Also, picked up a 64gb card. My wallet is crying tears, but they're so fun!

Reactions: Mario92

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone knows if hyper dimension neptunia rebirth 1 work on pstv? I have heard mixed reports. The psn store page does mention that some features do not work on playstation TV, which implies the game works but not everything works perfectly.

I do not have a vita, only pstv.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't waist your money. A toddler who knows 4 words is more understandable than that game's translation.
From what I hear, it isn't quite that terrible. Certainly a low quality translation, but you still know what's going on and the core gameplay isn't affected in any way by it. No way could the full purchase price be justified, but at $15, I think it's reasonable enough.

Reactions: Skelletonike

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish they put WipEout on sale, was interested in picking it up, but not at the current price.
Wipeout for the Vita is a real mixed bag. They tried to use it to demonstrate that the Vita could be a portable PS3, which lead to compromises since the Vita isn't actually that powerful. The end result is that while it's Wipeout, it runs at 30fps instead of 60fps, which is just absurd for a high-speed twitch racer like that. Furthermore the art aesthetic was poorly chosen; the game is too "busy" to easily read, which makes it hard to navigate the tracks on anything besides memory.

If they had turned down the graphical quality to allow 60fps and in the process cleaned up the design a bit, it could have been one of the best Wipeout titles. Instead it's more a case of what could have been.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No point comparing prices for different games exclusive to their own platforms.

Nice try.

Specially a handheld, unless you plan to take your computer rig everywhere you go now that'd be funny.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Man, it's a shame the deals aren't the same on the EU PSN. I would probably get the Atelier games and Tales of Hearts R, but those aren't available on the EU store for a discount...

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My biggest 3 considerations from this sale are PS All Stars, CoD Declassified, and Valhalla Knights 3, in that order. However I think I will just get PS All Stars.

edit: Fun fact: Muramasa Rebirth is listed as being on sale in the PS Blog store update, but I check the store on my Vita and it's at full price. It's not in the sale section either so there's no telling if it's actually supposed to be on sale.

Wipeout for the Vita is a real mixed bag. They tried to use it to demonstrate that the Vita could be a portable PS3, which lead to compromises since the Vita isn't actually that powerful. The end result is that while it's Wipeout, it runs at 30fps instead of 60fps, which is just absurd for a high-speed twitch racer like that. Furthermore the art aesthetic was poorly chosen; the game is too "busy" to easily read, which makes it hard to navigate the tracks on anything besides memory.

If they had turned down the graphical quality to allow 60fps and in the process cleaned up the design a bit, it could have been one of the best Wipeout titles. Instead it's more a case of what could have been.

I agree completely with everything you said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality