Sony has the most high-rated games in 2011

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A masterpiece for one can be a turd for someone else - the actual value of a given console's library is subjective and to be assessed on your own.
That's funny, considering this came from the person who flamed someone else for having a different opinion about Sonic '06.
That was not flaming, it was a conversation in good spirits. Besides, Sonic '06 hurt me on a personal level, I already stated that I'm a fan of the series since I was a child and this particular game was... beyond bad.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FireGrey being all butthurt over numbers

Not really, I was going to post the same thing as him, minus the numbers. I don't think a lot of people in this thread clicked the source (not saying you didn't). This is just for 2011, and everybody knows that the Wii was not Nintendo's focus this year as it's at the end of it's lifetime.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you also missed out was that Ocarina of Time 3D was the highest critic rated exclusive this year and Skyward Sword the highest rated console exclusive game.
And for a 2nd year running the highest rated console exclusive has been a Wii game.
whats the point of having 1 top rated game
while the others systems are popping out tons of high rated games in comparison

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zelda skyward sword came out this year

Skyward Sword isn't even the highest rated game of the year. The following beat it in aggregates this year:
  • Minecraft
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Skyrim
  • Portal 2
While none of them (exception being Minecraft) are console exclusive, they're all games not on the Wii. Skyward Sword isn't gonna redeem a year of lousy games for the Wii.

EDIT: Highest rated this year is a tie between the PS3 version of Arkham City and the Xbox 360 version of Skyrim.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
zelda skyward sword came out this year

Skyward Sword isn't even the highest rated game of the year. The following beat it in aggregates this year:
  • Minecraft
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Skyrim
  • Portal 2
While none of them (exception being Minecraft) are console exclusive, they're all games not on the Wii. Skyward Sword isn't gonna redeem a year of lousy games for the Wii.

EDIT: Highest rated this year is a tie between the PS3 version of Arkham City and the Xbox 360 version of Skyrim.
Wait what's the difference between the XBOX360 version and the other versions of Skyrim, same goes for Batman.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait what's the difference between the XBOX360 version and the other versions of Skyrim, same goes for Batman.

Arkham City:
  • PS3: 96
  • Xbox 360: 94
  • PC: 91
Skyrim:
  • Xbox 360: 96
  • PC: 94
  • PS3: 92.
For the record Skyward Sword is 93 so it's still beaten by the Xbox version of Arkham City and the PC version of Skyrim.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's worth noting that ign gave their console war victory to the ps3 in 2011.

it was a good year for sony on the great games front. on the psn going down for a month and getting our information stolen front, not so much.

it should be noted that at least the 360 and ps3 aggregate scores are probably no different from each other, as it's fair to assume that those aggregates are within margin of error to each other.

all in all, it was a good year to be a gamer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, the wrist strap didnt work?