nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HBK said:
But Apple is the best in their industry, look at the iPhone for an example.
i have personal reasons for hating apple. so strong that i just had to bring it up for no reason at all. my apologies to anyone who likes apple.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Jun 25 2010, 09:07 PM) Um, do you know how marketing works? You're trying to convince users that they're the best in the industry. Every company does it. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Frito Lay, whatever. Saying "yeah, we're pretty good I guess although the other guys are pretty good too" won't do shit for your company. Saying "HEY LOOK AT THIS COOL NEW GAME TRY DOING THAT ON A PS360!" will. In the end 99% of corporations or companies are complete douchebags looking to swindle you out of your nickels and dimes. What really matters is what they provide you in return.
i understand that, but im just so annoyed at sony's blatant attacks on other companies whose innovations they're copying. look at the ad where that douchebag mocked the 360 and wii. they're controller looks just like a wii's controller for fucks sake. i can understand that a company needs to advertise to sell there product, but its seriously a cheap shot to mock competitors when you're stealing they're ideas in the first place. like everyone else has already said, sony's going to be copying this idea as well somewhere down the road.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they need two slide pads?
laugh.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony reminds me of a cross-country driver who listens to the radio. They're always changing their tune.

And we all know how much CRAP is played on the radio.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't understand the bile directed at the PSP. It's done an incredible job managing to say in the Portable Console market competing against Nintendo's absolute crushing presence....a feat no previous hand held has managed, and Sony's first real attempt to boot! The PSP was never intended to destroy Nintendo's/the Gameboy's lead but to carve a place in the market to snatch some profit from another source. So on the whole the PSP has been a big success.

However....

Sony are totally clueless these days....given the way the Go was planned, and the latest batch of advertising, i get the impression that they're looking at what would be successful and doing the opposite.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Does drawing torn scraps of paper from a bag marked "shoddy ideas" count?

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BobTheJoeBob said:
Right now:
We have no plans for a 3D PSP.

Next year:
3D PSP due to come out late this year.

There just waiting to see the impact of the 3DS on the market and from that they'll deduce whether to make a 3D hand held or not.

That's what I would do....make someone else try it first = good business sense (sometimes).

All i know is that if I'm leary about trying a new food, I let someone else try it first...same goes for when I'm not too sure if milk has gone sour.
wacko.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overman1977 said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Right now:
We have no plans for a 3D PSP.

Next year:
3D PSP due to come out late this year.

There just waiting to see the impact of the 3DS on the market and from that they'll deduce whether to make a 3D hand held or not.

That's what I would do....make someone else try it first = good business sense (sometimes).

All i know is that if I'm leary about trying a new food, I let someone else try it first...same goes for when I'm not too sure if milk has gone sour.
wacko.gif
Ok I do not mind them doing that , but copy and learn then bash the Company that had the guts to do the innovation in the first place :/

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its funny how everyone see Sony being doomed in the handheld games market.

Nintendo were once looked upon as dead in the home console market, now their console is nearly selling more than the PS2 despite being around for less.

I really hope Sony does something else, copying everyone else isn't the way to go. Nintendo bucked the trend of doing the "more power is better" with the DS & Wii and its got them into a great position.

I really would hate for Nintendo to only have something like Apple as its only real competitor (which it isn't gameswise) as Nintendo as a company would grow conceited and stale.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is full of people bashing Sony you guys really need to calm down what if the 3DS is a bust and is tottally crappy probably not but yet you say that the next psp can never beat it.We won't know until they come out will we?

shadow2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Gaydrian said:
Its funny how everyone see Sony being doomed in the handheld games market.

Nintendo were once looked upon as dead in the home console market, now their console is nearly selling more than the PS2 despite being around for less.

I really hope Sony does something else, copying everyone else isn't the way to go. Nintendo bucked the trend of doing the "more power is better" with the DS & Wii and its got them into a great position.

I really would hate for Nintendo to only have something like Apple as its only real competitor (which it isn't gameswise) as Nintendo as a company would grow conceited and stale.

the wii is still a long way of with competing with the ps2 considering the ps2 sold around 144 million well the wii is still at 70 that means the ps1 is still selling 30 million more units then it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-was-on-the-wanted-list.652482/