Sony has launched a new publishing label for PC ports

pspv.png

Sony is committing to its recent trend of porting certain PlayStation exclusives to the PC platform. In the past, games like Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn were published on Steam through PlayStation Mobile, but now all existing and future releases have been changed to a new label: PlayStation PC. The brand was created back in April, and is likely the result of Sony finding success with PlayStation games on the PC platform. Right now, the company is bringing over God of War and Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, with both scheduled to launch sometime in early 2022.

:arrow: Source

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know it's a long shot, but it would be pretty awesome if one day Sony released all of their games for PC like Xbox
PC as a platform name should be phased out in favour of the OS these days as Linux isn't really that niche anymore.

If you think of the platform as Windows, then it becomes a bit easier to understand why Sony is reluctant to go all in. Although, imagine if Sony decided to start releasing native Linux ports instead to cut into Windows dominance. Now that would be interesting.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC as a platform name should be phased out in favour of the OS these days as Linux isn't really that niche anymore.

If you think of the platform as Windows, then it becomes a bit easier to understand why Sony is reluctant to go all in. Although, imagine if Sony decided to start releasing native Linux ports instead to cut into Windows dominance. Now that would be interesting.
Everyone would just boot Linux to play the games but continue to use windows the rest of the time

Windows is too dominant for most people to run Linux full time

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony bends down further

With how much you obviously hate Sony and PlayStation, why do you even bother reading and posting on any related articles? I'd have thought you'd just stop trying to be such an obvious blow hard long ago... but nope.
looks like they gave up on the ps5. can't supply them so they porting everything to pc :lol:
"Everything" is an EXTREME long shot. Not to mention... ports have been PS4 games. I don't see them porting things like Demons Souls remake, God of War Ragnarok, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank, etc any time soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn