Sony Gamescon Info Dump

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stumbled upon an excess of Vita news from Gamescon so rather than create separate threads, here's one for all of them.

Killzone Mercenary is, um, a Vita Killzone game. First person shooter unlike the PSP outing. Some trailer was shown apparently, I'll dig around for it soon. EDIT: It's developed by Guerrilla Games, who have made every other Killzone game so color me shocked. EDIT: Trailer below. Seems a bit run and gun although not much was shown. Melee attacks are done with touchscreen QTEs and it looks like you get money per each kill you gather.

Trailer for Killzone Mercenary: http://kotaku.com/59...-coming-to-vita

EDIT: New Assassin's Creed Liberation trailer. Details some of the new weapons and features of the game.

Trailer for Asscreed: http://kotaku.com/59...-on-the-ps-vita

BlOps Declassified is set between the first Black Ops and the second one. It has 4v4 multiplayer with Team Deathmatch and Kill Confirmed, well, confirrmed so far. More info pending surely. There'll be a bundle with the game, a WiFi Vita, and a pouch coming out for it as well.

EDIT: Black Ops Declassified trailer:

Crossbuy is a new deal from Sony so you don't bitch about paying twice for the same game. EDIT: My bad. Buy a PS3 version of a Crossbuy game and you get the Vita version for free. Upcoming titles announced to support this so far are Playstation All-Stars, Ratchet and Clank: Q-Force, and Sly Cooper 4.

Oh yeah so I guess that confirms Ratchet and Clank Qforce for Vita. EDIT: Qforce is also known as Full Frontal Assault in other markets.

EDIT: Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault trailer...

Need for Speed: Most Wanted and FIFA 13 are also getting a Vita release. As if you didn't guess that already.

Dante, Sackboy, Ratchet and Clank, and Spike are all confirmed. Looks like emo Dante though so put the cream back in your meat shooters. All these guys were rumored to be in there before so no huge surprises.

EDIT: It has the typical IGN shit all over it but it's the only gameplay I found for these 4. Video: http://www.ign.com/a...cters-in-action

EDIT: PASBR is also delayed by a month to November.

Also, MediaMolecule (the guys behind the original LittleBigPlanet and its sequel) are making a new game called Tearaway. It seems like some sort of puzzle-adventure game where players must help guide Iota as she's trapped in the Vita and needs to deliver you a message. Seems to be some sort of 3D adventure-platformer with puzzles and combat handled by the touchscreen and stuff. Like you use the rear touchpad to break through into the paper world with your finger to move things for puzzles or beat up bad guys. Also uses a multitude of other Vita features for puzzles and some augmented reality stuff as well. It's a bit silly but definitely inventive and something new.

EDIT: Tearaway trailer...

EDIT: Youtube app is also coming to the PS3 finally. It'll have most of the standard Youtube features but you can also use your phone as a remote for this one, kinda like SmartGlass for the Xbox 360 but only for this app. Also I made this a general Sony thread.

EDIT: There's also two new games announced by Japan Studios. One is a moody adventure game called Rain. It features a boy who sees an invisible girl revealed by the rain and goes after her. However, he soon finds himself to be invisible as well and the only way you see him is from the rain. Nice setting and some great piano music accompanied it in the trailer. Looks to be PS3 exclusive.

Rain trailer: http://kotaku.com/59...s-stunning-rain

The other title was Puppeteer, another PS3 exclusive. Has kinda an Alice in Wonderland type of feel to it. It features a boy whose dragged away to a mysterious realm where he's transformed into a puppet. Seems to be a 2D action platformer.

Puppeteer trailer...

Until Dawn was also announced for the PS3. It's a horror type of game but it seems to be a bit more tongue and cheek and play off some of the classic horror gags like Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, etc. It's developed by Supermassive Games though who did the poorly received Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock and nothing else really of note.

There's a separate thread on PSX on Vita as well.

I'll post trailers and shit as I find 'em.

Sources are below:

Sorry for the poor formatting, I'll make it a bit nicer once more info is found.

EDIT: Also, someone e-mail Sony, I think they mixed up their E3 conference and their Gamescon conference.

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if Crossbuy vita games will cost more, seeing as it doesn't make sense to spend $60 (PS3) and get a Vita game when you can spend $40 (Vita) and get a PS3 game.

Also, you have to wonder why they still haven't shown anything about BLOPS Declassified. This game is coming out in November, people.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like a mini Call of Duty. Maybe this will convince people to buy a Vita?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seriously looks like Sony mixed up their Gamescom and E3 conferences mixed up.

Still, this is a pretty nice chunk of info and announcements, so I can't really complain.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Crossbuy is a new deal from Sony so you don't bitch about paying twice for the same game. EDIT: My bad. Buy a PS3 version of a Crossbuy game and you get the Vita version for free. Upcoming titles announced to support this so far are Playstation All-Stars, Ratchet and Clank: Q-Force, and Sly Cooper 4.
I got a deal like this when buying Hustle Kings for PS3. It said I got the vita version for free, and I have the option to download it whenever I get a vita :) Nice to hear about more games!

Wow! That looks like a system seller for me :3

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like Sony is giving more attention to the Vita now.
Anyway, I hate the search function on the Youtube PS3 app. The app is also pretty laggy. Other than that, good I guess.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a deal like this when buying Hustle Kings for PS3. It said I got the vita version for free, and I have the option to download it whenever I get a vita :) Nice to hear about more games!

Wow! That looks like a system seller for me :3
Yeah and if The Last Guardian ever comes out...I'll grab a a PS3 straight away. To be honest Rain would be great for Vita, it wouldn't do as well but the Vita could do with games that aren't "me too" varieties of existing console titles.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and if The Last Guardian ever comes out...I'll grab a a PS3 straight away. To be honest Rain would be great for Vita, it wouldn't do as well but the Vita could do with games that aren't "me too" varieties of existing console titles.

It seems like it could benefit from an easy port job if it does well on the PS3 and/or if Vita sales pick up. Same with Puppeteer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs