OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phoenix-Wright.jpg
Today, Australian retailers including OzModchips have had to send those that ordered PSJailbreak some unsettling news. The news is that Sony Europe has imposed an injunction on any person selling the PSJailbreak and therefore they have no option but to issue a refund on PSJailbreak. It will take a very brave company to take on Sony! Sony has acted very quickly on the matter and a court hearing between Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and OzModchips is due on August 31st. E-mail revealed inside.

Here's a content of one of these emails:
"We regret to inform you that today Sony Australia imposed an injunction against any company / person’s selling the PS Jailbreak devices, so it is with great regret that we have to inform you that we will not be buying or selling any PS Jailbreak devices. We have just issued a full refund to your card for the pre-order made.

We wish to apologize immensely for any inconvenience this may have caused, and hope that you can understand our position on this matter. Please note the refund we have issued can take approx 5-working days to show on your card.

Best Regards,"

For those wondering, SCE Europe covers the EMEA region which includes Europe and Australia, hence why they are taking action against an Australian retailer. Within the case, there are multiple parties involved including:[/p]
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT EUROPE LIMITED
First Applicant
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
Second Applicant

OZMODCHIPS PTY LTD
First Respondent

RYAN EMMANUEL CARUANA
Second Respondent

GLOBAL SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL PTY LTD T/A QUANTRONICS
Third Respondent

KEN TOLCHER PTY LTD T/A MOD SUPPLIER
Fourth Respondent

icon11.gif
Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well this was fast and sad news.
Really I hope Sony knows they can't defend themselves forever. If there was an exploit found, it's only a matter of time before PS3 is completely opened.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see that so far this only effects Europe and Australian suppliers. You could order it from Canada but i'm sure there will be a similar action taken by sony of north america soon.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
superrob said:
Lol that was bound to happen
tongue.gif
Funny how they thought they could just get away with it... and its SO stupid to try to sell something illegal for THAT much profit
tongue.gif

i called it!
laugh.gif

QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ Aug 24 2010, 11:41 AM) their prob selling them that high so they can make enough $ to pay off sony when they finally sue them
rofl.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
superrob said:
Lol that was bound to happen
tongue.gif
Funny how they thought they could just get away with it... and its SO stupid to try to sell something illegal for THAT much profit
tongue.gif

i called it!
laugh.gif

QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ Aug 24 2010, 11:41 AM) their prob selling them that high so they can make enough $ to pay off sony when they finally sue them
rofl.gif
Oh yea! I saw that on the big thread!
tongue.gif

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
I really hope that the information on how to create one for yourself becomes available, We can´t let Sony win!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antoligy said:
deathking said:
looks like sony cant protect itself with a firmware upgrade
Actually, the exploit is so simple that they can.
They're suing to make an example so that people won't try again.
And your evidence for this is....? Please give me proof how you know they can block it.

Anyway, very fast reaction from Sony, Nintendo have a lot to learn from them (look how long it took them to get cases against flash cards)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hackers have got hold of these already and are prob in the process of making their own and turning it into a soft mod. sony won't be able to stop them
tongue.gif

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even then, they can circumvent by just selling a usb jigkick with an empty atmega chip on it and a serial connector so ppl can flash it to the chip themselves.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SifJar said:
Antoligy said:
deathking said:
looks like sony cant protect itself with a firmware upgrade
Actually, the exploit is so simple that they can.
They're suing to make an example so that people won't try again.
And your evidence for this is....? Please give me proof how you know they can block it.

Anyway, very fast reaction from Sony, Nintendo have a lot to learn from them (look how long it took them to get cases against flash cards)

Have you seen how many systems does Nintendo sells...?? do you think they care to take down the flash cards...??
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Are you going to bake yourself a cake?