Sony fans

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Duo8, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Duo8
    OP

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
  2. VinsCool

VinsCool Detached from Reality

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    There is also one for porting GTA 5 to Wii U.

In both petitions, comments are hilarious :rofl2:

3. zeello

zeello The reason we can't have nice things.

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    If I can use Google Maps on an iPhone and even check my gmail account, then I should be able to play Nintendo software on a Vita. Clearly Nintendo is stuck in the past by hoarding all their IP to themselves. Very selfish, and backwards.

4. RichardLaughter_

RichardLaughter_ GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2012
    Hahaha did he really just say nintendo is holding a monopoly on smash? :D
    They f'n own smash! They can put it on whatever they want! You dont see apple releasing ios on android.

Man this is either a troll or dude has in iq equal to The amount of pixels in a period on a 480i television.

5. DrOctapu

DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Hell.
    oh wow change.org asks you for money when you sign like it's a fucking kickstarter or something
    that's hilarious

6. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    My brain hurts now :sad:

7. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Expecting a comment of "Sony is worse then the mafia if they don't port SSB to PS Vita".

8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    To be fair, it would be a wise move to release software on a console that actually sells, for instance the PS4.

;O;

9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Wise or not, Nintendo owns the rights, people are simply bitter it's not on their precious consoles, nothing more. If Sony fans can demand that Nintendo software be on their consoles, Nintendo fans should have every right to demand that Sony exclusives be on Nintendo consoles. Nintendo games were designed to be for Nintendo consoles in mind.

Is Nintendo having a game for their systems really that criminal. I mean, here's the thing. So many people are like "if you want Metal Gear Solid 5, get a PS4, your precious Wii U will never get it" or something along those lines. Now, the tables have turned, if people want a Nintendo game or games, they need to get the Nintendo consoles.

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The joke flew right over your head, fox-man. :P

The truth is that no anti-trust law says that software of Company X has to be released on devices other than Company X's. Nintendo doesn't own the genre, anyone has the right to create a Smash equivalent and Sony did so recently with PSABR. There's dozens of similar games out there, they're just not popular in the west. ;)

Gahars likes this.
  11. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

That's what I get for not getting enough sleep :creep: That being said, true, no one has a right for the genre, but they do for the IPs themselves, so, Sony would have to make another All-stars like game. People who want it on Vita should suck it up and grow a pair, and well, just get a Nintendo console. I'm just saying, for those who always tell us to get X console for X game, this is the same deal. Now they know how we feel when KH 3 or some other game doesn't come to the Wii U for whatever reason there is, but on the others. Well, Nintendo should be able to do whatever they want with the SSB IP, you know?

12. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I'm pretty sure that the petition is a joke, really. Nobody's stupid enough to write something like this seriously. Then again, this is the Internet. ;)

the_randomizer likes this.
  13. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Oh, I'm sure there are people out there who are serious about making petitions. Taking the internet seriously is something that can have repercussions :creep:

14. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge

[​IMG]

A rabbit has said many wise words about the internet, though this question tops them all.

migles and osirisjem like this.
  15. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

..................Because, reasons.

16. osirisjem

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    SSB won't be on a Sony Product until the next failed Nintendo Console.
    Since Nintendo is apt to spectacular failures ... they better announce their plans to the community before making Wii U 2.

17. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
  18. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Right, you just keep on thinking that. They're not gonna leave the market, though, I'm sure you'd just hate to see them leave. Ironic coming from a dude who has Mario and Yoshi in his avatar.

19. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Being a fan doesn't mean that you shouldn't have a realistic (or, in this case, pessimistic) look on the future. Being a fan shouldn't be equivalent to wearing a paper bag and pretending problems don't exist in Nintendoland. ;)

20. osirisjem

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Thanks.
    ORLY ?
    #1) It's quite possible they have already left the console market.
    #2) The world doesn't need 3 consoles. Third party developers dont care about Nintendo.
    #3) Shareholders won't let them keep releasing shitty consoles. Sorry to the Fanboys.

#4) The profit is in the software .... not the hardware. Why lose easy software money by screwing up hardware ?