Assax

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know we're all getting tired of this by now but I thought I'd still share it with you.

QUOTE said:
A hacker claims to have stolen names and passwords belonging to 120 users of Sony Europe's website and published them to the Internet.

It's the latest in a series of attacks which have hammered the electronics multinational. Security researchers have counted about a dozen breaches since the beginning of this year, including two particularly serious ones which exposed 100 millions users' personal details.

The latest attack was claimed by "Idahc," who self-identifies as a Lebanese hacker. The Associated Press has been able to verify several of the exposed names.

A U.S.-based spokeswoman for Sony [SNE 26.38 -0.16 (-0.6%) ] has not returned an email seeking comment.

The website allegedly hacked into was down for "scheduled maintenance" Saturday.

Source:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/43280734

Rather minor this time.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hacked SONY once! I have proof - I said I have, that's proof enough.

Sheesh. Do you really have to hack SONY's websites nowadays to get famous? Or *actually* "claim" to hack'em without any evidence? Don't you have better things to do? Be original for god's sake, hack a site known to be TOUGH to hack, not a site that everybody else tries to get onto.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, I am seriously getting fed up seeing "Sony" and "hacked" in the same sentence too often.

We get it! We seriosly do get it that Sony is hackable. Now, would you please leave them in peace? Enough already..
I really hope this all stops -.-

D

Deleted User

I thought at one point SONY claimed that they were unhackable? Are hackers just trying to break SONY to make them take back their words or something? Meh .__.;; Too bad I don't remember where I thought I saw that

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
*sigh* if I had a facepalm emoticon... oh wait I do!
facepalm.gif

This is just getting too tiring.

zachpl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hackers are not going to stop against sony, unless they give back what they took away from PS3 owners.

zachpl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
zachpl said:
The hackers are not going to stop against sony, unless they give back what they took away from PS3 owners.
And what is that?

OtherOS. Hackers have been pissed off at sony for a while now and it all boiled over when they sued Geohot and he had to settled because of funds. Constant attempts have been made to try to sway sony for approved homebrew or to just bring OtherOS bac in general, but all attempts have been shot down. In my honest opinion sony completely brought this on themselves and I can't feel sorry for them, only the customers.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of these hacks dwarf in comparison to that one massive attack on PSN whoever is trying to attack Sony from this point on should just stop. They're getting nowhere fast because what they did isn't very impressive if fame is what they're seeking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands