Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
15763979424_11d12bbb1b_z.jpg

Music Unlimited, Sony's music listening app, will be dropped in March and be replaced by Playstation Music partnered with Spotify.

Music Unlimited will cease on March 29th. No date was given for the launch of Playstation Music, but it can be assumed to be before or on that date.

Playstation Music will additionally be partnering with Spotify, a long-running music streaming service, allowing Spotify subscribers to listen to their playlists on supported devices. The service will give access to over 30 million songs as well as 1.5 billion playlists.

Previous Music Unlimited subscribers will receive a month free, from February 28th to the service's end on March 29th.

:arrow: Source

[prebreak][/prebreak]
Personally, I'm hyped. I've been a Spotify subscriber for a long time now and I've been in love with the service. Putting it on more platforms is just more icing on the cake. However, no Vita support is a letdown.

Reactions: Gahars

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Used up the trial of Music Unlimited for a month and I liked it but it was just music that I'd already heard rather than VGMs or Japanese anime scores.

I'll still stick to FLAC and MP3.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they let you download your saved tracks over to the PS4 because my Tay-Sway game is ridiculous right now.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd choice if you ask me, I would rather have a music player app on my Vita, but its cool that they are ironing out their kinks and partnering with someone who already has a toe or two in the water.

Than again, apps on a vita (non gaming related) are probably better suited as a smart phone's job.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not even using my Tune-in app so I'm not missing spotify on Vita.
I prefer listening to locally stored music rather than streaming.
But really good thing they parter with someone instead of offering a separate service that most people won't use. Now if they could do that with their movie service...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PS3 and Vita are only used for gaming. I have dozens of other devices dedicated to music and video and all that other non-gaming stuff.

I'll have to admit, I couldn't possibly care less about them dropping, changing or adding apps that have little to nothing to do with gaming on my gaming devices.

Just hope that when they drop an app, it actually frees up some space and not just becomes useless space taken up on the HDD/memory card.

Hey! I have a novel idea, why don't they concentrate on making good GAMES for their gaming devices, not stupid apps that are not games and the majority of gamers won't use.

Reactions: Sakitoshi

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Shame that it won't be on Vita. I'd love to be able to listen to my music of preference while gaming, without having to worry about drowning out the sound from either by using headphones for only one, etc..

Any idea if the PS3 version will support background music while playing games? I've heard a lot of people speculate that it wouldn't.

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be in the minority, but I'm deeply saddened that this service is biting the bullet.:gun:

I subscribed to this service last year and gave my wife an iPod Touch with it for our anniversary. She's not really tech savvy and I grew tired of trying to maintain a music library for her. This app made it quite simple for her to find new and old music she liked and download it for offline use.
Now she's got a boat load of songs she's been collecting and listening to that will be useless in 2 months.

If anyone knows how to convert those files to something useful (like mp3 or aac), please let me know.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If a service was to be used, Spotify and/or YouTube would easily be one of the most widely spread (at least here in the Nordics). A dedicated media player would be nice too in the long run, be it integrated in the new app or a separate one.

D

Deleted_171835

Yeah this is nice. I have a Spotify subscription so itll be pretty cool to be able to use it on my PS4 (and Vita hopefully or not :().

D

Deleted User

GOD BLESS
I really don't like paying for extra services like Music Unlimited.
I hope I don't have to pay for Spotify premium...

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pretty sure our country will be left out on this as well, we didn't have Music Unlimited here but I hope we have Spotify on PS Store (Sony around here is lazy)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol