Sony decides to keep PS3 and Vita PlayStation Store access alive instead of shutting it down

Urrrrntitled.png

Sony will no longer be killing off support for the PlayStation Store on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. Last month saw the official announcement that both systems would no longer be able to purchase new digital games or access the PlayStation Store, but that decision has been walked back. This is because Sony saw the passionate outcry of fans upset about the closure, and so the PS3 and Vita will be able to work as they have been. However, the PSP's access will still be going offline as previously planned, on July 2nd.

When we initially came to the decision to end purchasing support for PS3 and PS Vita, it was born out of a number of factors, including commerce support challenges for older devices and the ability for us to focus more of our resources on newer devices where a majority of our gamers are playing on. We see now that many of you are incredibly passionate about being able to continue purchasing classic games on PS3 and PS Vita for the foreseeable future, so I’m glad we were able to find a solution to continue operations.

:arrow: Source

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I mean if the stores continued to sell they would have not decided to close them down in the first place..... I dont think many people are using the stores anymore

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Suppose this has something to do with consoles having those cmos batteries installed?.. If the servers discontinued then those people who replace the batterys will end up with a building block :rofl2:

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So they "were able to find a solution", eh?

Don't tell me they lost the solution temporarily?
Good for both console users. I hope they keep the storefronts active for quite a few more years.

Last edited by eyeliner,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would make ppl not want to buy digital consoles in the long run b/c they would get screwed over from not being able to download new games if the store was cut off from them. Im glad someone with a brain actually thought about this problem b/c they clearly didn't think about the scalpers bot purchase every ps5 in existence.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse