Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pspgo530main.jpg
Japan and Europe may be finished with the PSP Go, but SCEA says it's not done with the downloadable-only handheld device.

Following up with Sony of America for clarification after recent events, we wanted to know if the company was still manufacturing and shipping the handheld. Today we were told: "We are continuing production of PSP Go for North America."

Several weeks ago, Sony informed Joystiq, "We are going to continue to make shipments of PSP Go," after Amazon updated the PSP Go's product page to note the device was "discontinued by manufacturer."[/p]
icon11.gif
Source (Joystiq)

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well apparently they're still in demand in the US. They were probably hitting higher numbers here than anywhere else.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Hacked Go = GREAT

Simple reason why the are still in high demand (and will only go up in value from here, as long as they are 6.35 OFW or lower).

You should consider even though GameStop is selling them for 89 dollars, they fetch 100-130 USED on Ebay if on 6.35 or lower. Go figure.

I have a Go and love it.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Schlupi said:
Hacked Go = GREAT

Simple reason why the are still in high demand (and will only go up in value from here, as long as they are 6.35 OFW or lower).

You should consider even though GameStop is selling them for 89 dollars, they fetch 100-130 USED on Ebay if on 6.35 or lower. Go figure.

I have a Go and love it.

Just be aware, that's what they go up for, not what they sell for.

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"We are continuing production of PSP Go for North America."

What this actually means is that they're telling people they're still making it so they don't look bad.

Meanwhile they're just shipping the leftover stock that no one ever purchased. Virtual Boy sold more than PSP Go.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Something *has* to be done with the left-over parts, y'know.

Now that they're releasing the NGP, they probably want to get rid of the fail-boat and haxxored Go.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"We are going to continue to make shipments of PSP Go," =/= continued manufacturing of the device.
It's discontinued. This is just a "consumer friendly" way of saying it's still going to be in stores.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jerome27 said:
"We are continuing production of PSP Go for North America."

What this actually means is that they're telling people they're still making it so they don't look bad.

Meanwhile they're just shipping the leftover stock that no one ever purchased. Virtual Boy sold more than PSP Go.
How is that relevant?
laugh.gif

It seem the psp go is still struggling on. :/

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do I get the felling that jerome27 is really SPH73 under a dup account?

anyway now that its been hacked, it will still move some units in america
as far as sales go, the pspgo total sales were never released so saying X system sold more then it is pointless because its just speculation

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
now the surprise that i had before goes away. I mean it didnt make sense that they were thinking about NGP with downloadable content while PSP go is completely lost after a few years.
Obv ppl download more stuff on handhelds (of this nature) than jap by this decision.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
why do I get the felling that jerome27 is really SPH73 under a dup account?

anyway now that its been hacked, it will still move some units in america
as far as sales go, the pspgo total sales were never released so saying X system sold more then it is pointless because its just speculation
um... Don't have to see total sells to see how fail the non-hack psp go was and is.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
now the surprise that i had before goes away. I mean it didnt make sense that they were thinking about NGP with downloadable content while PSP go is completely lost after a few years.
Obv ppl download more stuff on handhelds (of this nature) than jap by this decision.
The NGP will have phsyical releases as well as digital releases at the same time, Sony promised.

Then again they promised to not remove OtherOS...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over