Sony considering Gran Turismo 6 for PS4

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ComeTurismO, May 16, 2013.

1. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    :arrow: GameSpot > Source
    In my opinion, I think that sticking it to the Playstation 4 would be a good idea. It would raise up more consumers to purchase the PlayStation 4. Next thing you know, most of the franchises be continued on the PS3. However, I believe that the PS3 is a good idea too, since I am a PlayStation 3 player, myself. But just for Sony to get more money, releasing this awesome franchise on the PlayStation 4 would be a good idea.

2. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    It was pretty surprising that GT wasn't making the jump to the PS4. I mean it would be considered a system seller for some.

3. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Well I guess the reasoning is they already have uhhhh... Drive Club I think it's called? Seemed kinda like the spiritual successor to GT.

4. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Didn't read, fix text.

I'm actually surprised GT6 won't be coming to the PS3. It's been 2 games per console (I think). So why not.

5. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Didn't 5 remain in dev-hell for years before escaping with a disappointing release? (serious question here, I have never touched the GT series but I remember my brother waited forever for one of the GTs)

6. SuzieJoeBob

SuzieJoeBob NOT a New Member

GBAtemp Patron
    SuzieJoeBob is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 20, 2008
    United States
    Are you sure that isn't Gran Turismo for the PSP??? The PSP version is infamous for not having "a true Simulation Mode"

7. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    My brother never touch a psp lol. Hmmm maybe it was the 4th one.

8. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    OP Font color is bad for those using dark theme.

Though in regards to topic, I played the shit out of 2 I think on the ps2 when it was released. If the others are step up they're pretty awesome games then.

9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Guess we can't yell "RIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRR!" anymore ;)

Psionic Roshambo likes this.
  10. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    Also we will miss "Attack the weak point for massive damage!!!!"

I would not hold my breath for Gran Turismo on the PS4, the PSP version of Gran Turismo was featured on the box at launch... (My apologies to launch PSP owners who wanted to play Gran Turismo with your shiny new PSP, I don't mean to rub salt in an old wound.)

Before anyone says "Your a Sony hater!" no no far from it, I own Gran Turismo 1,2,3,4 and that prolog thing that came out for the PS3.... I have played 5 really wanted to love it as much as I loved the first 4 games but I just couldn't get into it. I could pirate the game but my disinterest is so great that even the effort to do that is too much.

Maybe this new version will be what I have been craving, and I do applaud Sony for the game being released on the PS3. As a PS3 owner it gives me some hope that I may yet get the feeling my purchase was a worthwhile one. (fingers crossed.)

the_randomizer likes this.
  11. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    No Giant Enemy Crab cameos either. Real shame, too.

12. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    no it wasn't
    I have a launch psp and there are no games on the box

13. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    Still going to be a 4 year wait like GT5 was most likely. One of the few PS exclusives that I really enjoy though, maybe it will be worth buying a PS4 when the game comes out.

14. joelv6

joelv6 Neku

Jan 24, 2013
    United States
    CA
    no buneno?????

back to reality, I never played this series but they need to at least add the ps4 as well so it's sony on that matter as well

15. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    GT5 was released in a half finished state even after it being in development for 5-6 years. On the disc there wasn't even any multiplayer included, that and other features came with day one patches etc which in total ran to about 16GBs worth of downloads. I got sick of it pretty fast and traded it in for something else and I am one of those kind or people who never ever trade in their games or consoles.

All in all yeah GT5 was a complete disgrace in my opinion.

16. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Not being a gt fan, I only played the drifting demo and it was great lmao.

17. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Aug 19, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    My only hope is to see G27 (and other third part wheels) compatible with PS4. Then I will think about PS4's driving simulators.

18. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    I'd imagine they are since they're officially licensed GT products (or at least a few of them were (Logitech's)). I'd really like to see a Bluetooth version of the wheels, but then again, I'm still looking for a proper place to stick a wheel and pedals.. My current sofa table is horrible for that sort of thing :P

As for the new GT for PS4, it'll happen eventually. My only hope is that the load times are a lot better than GT5. Not that they're abysmal, they're just kinda long for local multiplayer..

19. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    But for a game like Grand Theft Auto would take years to make. The missions, the cities/areas...

20. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I find it odd that a person with Turismo in their name would make such a mistake.

Anyway I have never been the greatest fan of simulation racing though early on they were basically the only ones outside F1 racers really going for it (the motorbike people eventually did something though). These days the obvious competition is Forza but quite a few other games at least have modes that do this sort of thing.