Sony Buys Sucker Punch (Game) Productions.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by SamAsh07, Aug 2, 2011.

Aug 2, 2011
  1. SamAsh07
    OP

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Sony today announced it has purchased Sucker Punch Productions, developers of the Infamous and Sly Cooper franchises.

This move ensures that all games developed by Sucker Punch will remain exclusive to Sony's platforms going forward. Financial terms of this deal were not disclosed.

"Sucker Punch Productions is one of the most highly acclaimed development studios in the industry and we have enjoyed a wonderful relationship with the company for over 12 years. We are delighted to officially welcome them to the SCE family," said Shuhei Yoshida, president, SCE WWS.

"The addition of Sucker Punch to SCE WWS reiterates our dedication to developing world class gaming experiences that can only be found on the PlayStation platform. With one of the strongest exclusive software lineups in the PS3's history, combined with the diverse, innovate content in the works for PlayStation Vita, consumers have a lot to be excited about this year."

According to Sony, the Infamous and Sly Cooper franchises combined have sold over seven million copies worldwide to date. Day-to-day operations will continue to be run by the current management team.

"We've enjoyed an incredible relationship with Sony that has allowed us to combine our creative design capabilities with their guidance to make some of the best franchises to hit the PlayStation platforms. Equally important, the relationship with SCE has provided us the flexibility and trust to take creative risks and invent new properties," said Brian Fleming, managing partner, Sucker Punch Productions.

"As a part of the Sony Computer Entertainment group we look forward to introducing more innovative content and providing consumers with exciting, new interactive experiences."[/p]

[​IMG] Source

2. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    I always thought Sly Cooper was made by Insomniac..
    Because there was a demo for it on Ratchet and Clank 3

3. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Give me Sly Cooper 4 and all will be well.

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    there is sucker punch the movie and sucker punch the game developers so it gets confusing after a while.

5. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    I played all the Sly Cooper games and they were all awesome.

Place it on the PS Vita when and if I get it and all will be fine.

6. GameWinner

Member GameWinner Take your heart

United States
    I thought Sony already owned them, judging by the games that come to their system. (Sly 1-3 on PS2 and PS3, And the inFamous series)

7. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Sucker Punch was originally founded by programers who were turned down by Sony for a employment. As well as several former Sony and Sega employees.

8. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    This is some pretty interesting news. I kind of assumed that Sony owned them anyways.

Make an inFamous for the PSV, and I will love them forever.