Sony buys Bluepoint Games, announces they will be working on original content

ezgif-4-bbd73566c0a7.jpg

Bluepoint Games, a studio renowned for its remasters and remakes, has been bought by PlayStation Studios. Sony has a long history of working with Bluepoint, notably on the recent Demon's Souls remake for PlayStation 5, the Shadow of the Colossus remake on the PS4, and the remasters of the first three Uncharted games on the PS4, as well. Interestingly, this announcement comes with the news that for the first time in fifteen years, they will be creating an original title. In an interview with IGN, Bluepoint Games president Marco Thrush said the following:

"Our team is a very highly experienced team, the average experience among most people is about 15 years, and all of them come from original development. It's not like we're a bunch of developers that got trained up on making remasters and remakes. We have that original game development mindset in our hearts, and that's what we're now ready, finally ready with the support of Sony to push forward and show what we can do, and show what PlayStation can do."​
Thrush also said they are not yet ready to reveal their new title, or exactly what "original content" means. It could be a new IP, a sequel to an existing franchise, or an enhanced remake that combines their experience at remaking games with some original content of their own.

:arrow: Source (PlayStation Blog announcement)
:arrow: Source (IGN interview)

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
i hope they arnt doing the metal gear series then... as much as i love those games im not getting a playstation just for that!

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't really get why they get such a studio to make a new IP when it seems to be famous for remakes, except of course they want to do it and have a good concept.
( hope they will do some bloodborne remake after that though, it deseves it)

Reactions: CrossOut

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't really get why they get such a studio to make a new IP when it seems to be famous for remakes, except of course they want to do it and have a good concept.
( hope they will do some bloodborne remake after that though, it deseves it)

I doubt many people get into game dev to just be stuck making remakes. They are probably genuinely excited to be given a chance to create something.

Reactions: CrossOut

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
These poor bastards are screwed. Anything they'll release will be forever marked by a no release of whatever remaster/port of whatever idiot "gamers" want.
I feel bad for them already.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ho
These poor bastards are screwed. Anything they'll release will be forever marked by a no release of whatever remaster/port of whatever idiot "gamers" want.
I feel bad for them already.
Yea because we have seen this already with its ps remasters.

But anyways, how is this even news when we already knew sony bought them.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully it does not end up in the same way that Sony's other Internal studios went, such as Superbot when Playstation All-Stars came out.

Oh wait, Bluepoint was on that too apparently. I guess Sony is not done slaughtering studios yet.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope they'll will work on something new other than just doing another remaster of something.. Now that they're probably financially stable under Sony's wing, they'll have time/resource to come up with something interesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.