Sony bringing 18 new Vita games to TGS

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I think this is just all games, otherwise they'd say accessories.

But yeah, I hope to see ModNation Racers a bit more too, the PSP one actually shaped out to be a rather fun cart racer and a great creation tool. It'll be nice to see it fleshed out even more on the Vita. If it's a launch title, I'd probably be getting that.

Yeah, probably. Looking back at that article, it says "Product", as opposed to game. Though the numbers are pretty similar.

I can't wait to see ModNation Racers on the Vita - I wasn't too fond of the PSP version - the controls and drifting were a bit odd when compared to the PS3 version. Still an excellent racer on the PSP though, and definitely my favorite Mario Kart like title for it. That creation tool (with the back panel mapping) looks like it'd make for an excellent tool.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Valwin said:
Guild McCommunist said:
And the PSP was pretty damn close to winning actually,.

dude what are you even smoking ? psp was a failure sony shuld pull out of the handlheld market
PSP a fail? I don't think so, my friend.

It just wasn't as successful as the DS but it still isn't considered a fail.

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
Centrix said:
lol, one sided, funny how you see it, I was making a point about the launch on systems and how there are rarely any good games for them until like 6 months into their life span. So whose being one sided read the post the way its meant to be read, right!

Everything still points at you
smile.gif
. Tell me where I'm being sided at all, I've not touted anything Sony, just condemned those for being negative and blatantly faboyish when there are absolutely no details even revealed about these 18 games yet. It's far too easy to point that you're entire argument against it, represents Nintendo far better at this point, which is funny. You've not even made a point other than criticizing something in which you don't even know what it is, without any reason other than you're so blindly in love with something that's realistically not important at all. This just shows poor reasoning and logic.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
Valwin said:
Guild McCommunist said:

dude what are you even smoking ? psp was a failure sony shuld pull out of the handlheld market

I would like to add that the PSP is still booming in Japan. It wasn't as popular as the DS, but it is exceptionally far from being a commercial failure.

As for the 18+ games, yay! I don't really know how else to react until I know exactly what they are.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmmm I'm wondering right now. Is there any significance to 18? Or it is just luck (whatever you call it).

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I hope that list includes some of the following:-
- New Burnout
- Kingdom Hearts BbS Sequel
- Ratchet & Clank All 4 One
- New Jak & Daxter
- DMC (Uh a new or some port, anything will work)
- GTA (New handhelds exclusive, for 3DS & Vita)

Fingers crossed for any of the above.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its quite amazing that they have so many titles all planned together at once
i think its the design of that system. it does not have anything new but it includes all the current tech all in one.

i dont think all these games will be fantastic but maybe around 5 while the others will be respectably good.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
shakirmoledina said:
i dont think all these games will be fantastic but maybe around 5 while the others will be good or downright horrible
FIXED. Not a single console/handheld has all fantastic-good games in their library, there are always Horrible ones.

Out of these 18, I don't want to speculate when I don't even know the names of the games xD

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SamAsh07 said:
shakirmoledina said:
i dont think all these games will be fantastic but maybe around 5 while the others will be good or downright horrible
FIXED. Not a single console/handheld has all fantastic-good games, there are always Horrible ones.
True dat. Good fix
moogle.gif

If there's 1 fantastic game in those 18 and 5 good ones I'm already happy!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, has there been any news of the PSP Remasters? Are those going to the Vita? These games could very well be those remasters.

I'd be downright shocked to see 25+ games for a PSV launch window... (Between launch and E3, of course).

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
chris888222 said:
Valwin said:
Guild McCommunist said:

I would like to add that the PSP is still booming in Japan. It wasn't as popular as the DS, but it is exceptionally far from being a commercial failure.

As for the 18+ games, yay! I don't really know how else to react until I know exactly what they are.
The psp was far from winning, but in no way a failure. If anything it proved that sony has what it takes to be profitable in a market where nintendo had dominated for a decade with the gameboy series. The truth is nintendo isn't going anywhere and the 3DS is going to beat vita on the fact that the 3DS is the successor to the best selling handheld, the DS line. All nintendo has to do is follow the same formula and give the right incentive for DS owners to switch to the 3DS and due to backwards compatibility this should be easy. The vita has to show gamers that it can bring games that are FUN and for EVERYONE, and right now it is going the right path, ports or not. Nobody gives a dam which console has what gimmick, only on the internet, when was the last time someone bought a DS just for the touchscreen? Forget that you buy a handheld because you want to play the games. Honestly I hope that Nintendo realizes what sony is doing right and improves themselves because nintendo may make some innovations but it does take a few steps back on other things such as online.
Anyway I hope sony announces some awesome games, seriously considering buying a vita now.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a list of some titles being shown, but I don't think it's any of the new titles:

QUOTE said:
PS Vita games:
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (Arc System Works)
Dynasty Warriors Next (Tecmo Koei)
Asphalt Injection (Konami)
New Little King Story (Konami)
Mahjong Fight Club (Konami)
Shinobido 2 (Acquire)
Power Smash 4 (aka Virtua Tennis) (Sega)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Sony)
Gravity Daze (Sony)
Hot Shots Golf Next (Sony)
Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru (Chunsoft)
Disgaea 3 Return (Nippon Ichi)
Ridge Racer (Namco Bandai)

PS3 games:
Battlefield 3 (Electronic Arts)
Dragon's Dogma (Capcom)
Asura's Wrath (Capcom)
Street Fighter x Tekken (Capcom)
Dynasty Warriors 7 Extreme Legends (Tecmo Koei)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (Tecmo Koei)
Winning Eleven 2012 (Konami)
Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (Konami)
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD Edition (Konami)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix)
Binary Domain (Sega)
Uncharted 3 (Sony)
ICO (Sony)
Shadow of the Colossus (Sony)
Ratchet & Clank All 4 One (Sony)
God of War HD Collection (Sony)
Hot Shots Golf PS3 the Best (Sony)
Happy Charlie to Soratobu Carnival (Sony)
Ni no Kuni (Level-5)

PSP games:
Frontier Gate (Konami)
Final Fantasy Type-0 (Square Enix)
Yakuza Black Panther 2 (Sega)
Hatsune Muku Project Diva Extend (Sony)
Oreshika (Sony)

...Is that a Little King's Story sequel I spot for the Vita? EDIT: Yes it is. FUCK YEAH.

My pants are ever tightening.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony really broke my heart with that new Dynasty Warriors Vita game
cry.gif

Can't wait for DW7XL, though. I still need to try DW7, it looks like the best one since DW4.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
Actually the uncharted, LBP aren't exactly ports. They are more like the portable franchise of that particular game.

Anyway, I actually do like the vita having some PS3 ports.
He didn't mean literally ports.
You guys are way too serious.

He ment ports in the same way the original PSP only had PS2/PS1 ports, where it's practically the same game, just changed slightly but not enough for the game to feel different. The games rely on the same appeal the originals did.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ieatpixels said:
chris888222 said:
Actually the uncharted, LBP aren't exactly ports. They are more like the portable franchise of that particular game.

Anyway, I actually do like the vita having some PS3 ports.
He didn't mean literally ports.
You guys are way too serious.

He ment ports in the same way the original PSP only had PS2/PS1 ports, where it's practically the same game, just changed slightly but not enough for the game to feel different. The games rely on the same appeal the originals did.
They are sequels/prequels. They're hardly going to devoid away from what made people buy the game in the first place.

The Vita just keeps looking better and better, the launch window lineup looks incredibly strong. Now we just need some MMORPGs
biggrin.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevan said:
Is that just an announcement for FF Type 0 in Japan?
Why would we need an announcement for a game that already has a release date?

Unless you mean an overseas announcement, I hope so. Kinda hope its brought over here on the Vita to be completely honest. Mainly because it'll get pirated to hell and back if it were to be released overseas on the PSP.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The vita games are simply fabulous. But I would like to say that 18 games announced =/= 18 more games at launch. Some may be at launch window, some maybe a year later.

I'm still very happy that I preordered the vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse