Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Centrix said:
I wish Sony would pull out of the handheld market already. Haven't they learned their lesson yet? All the Vita is a over glorified PSP with rounded corners and two touch screens and I can't see many games using the one on the back which is a awkward place for it any ways. I mean I'm hyped for it, I own a PSP Slim 20001 but lets face it the Vita is just another reason for Sony to stay in the Handheld market and try to dethrone Big N key word their was (TRY) not happening ever. Since Nintendos already fixed all the problems that users were complaining about the 3DS its sales are once again through the roof all over the world.

Sorry Sony as curious as I am about your system, remove the two touch screens and start being original once more then will talk ball!

PS: These are my opinions and mine alone, I base them on whats on the net in my game magazines and just on everything as a whole! From the time Sony showed off the Vita no was interested and that's hardly any real interest yet.

It is your opinion but to say it's a PSP with "rounded corners" and "two touch screens" is over simplifying it. I could easily say, by this logic, that the 3DS is just a DS with 3D. But even I can acknowledge that it's not.

And the PSP was pretty damn close to winning actually, at least at the start. And having as many sales as it did is far from "unsuccessful".

So having a touchscreen is unoriginal now? You realize almost every modern electronic handheld seems to use a touchscreen nowadays and for good reason. Not because it's a fad, but because it opens up so many options (navigating anything becomes infinitely easier, you can put any button on the screen essentially, the list goes on).

Plus, Sony could just be in the handheld market to, you know, make money. If they got cash off the PSP (which I'm sure they did) what's to stop them from not continuing on a route that could lead to more cash? They simply want to obviously take some of Nintendo's market because that's the crowd that will buy handhelds, it seems. Being competitive is something every company does, to get angry at Sony for it is simply silly.

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry, are we complaining about POTENTIAL ports for a system that's not even out yet?

Look at the 3DS, port ports and more ports. Kinda hypocritical to tout a system for being original, when the only thing out on it are ports. Zelda, port. Starfox, port. Metal Gear Solid, port. Tales of, port. 10 free nintendo games because they screwed you over for buying a system that did poorly at release? Those are ports guys, ones you can download for free, hardly makes up for the difference in price.

So what if some of those 18 games are going to be ports, last I checked 3DS doesn't even have 18 games period.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apex said:
I'm sorry, are we complaining about POTENTIAL ports for a system that's not even out yet?

Look at the 3DS, port ports and more ports. Kinda hypocritical to tout a system for being original, when the only thing out on it are ports. Zelda, port. Starfox, port. Metal Gear Solid, port. Tales of, port. 10 free nintendo games because they screwed you over for buying a system that did poorly at release? Those are ports guys, ones you can download for free, hardly makes up for the difference in price.

So what if some of those 18 games are going to be ports, last I checked 3DS doesn't even have 18 games period.
It didn't do "poorly" at release. Those games are quality games.

Um... Technically the psv has no games because it not out yet. Plus if you talking 'bout future games then I don't see how you miss at least a year worth of original
games for the 3ds.

Also we may get Dementium 3d, help the cause.
tongue.gif

In a rush btw.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Apex said:

Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil Revelations, Kid Icrarus Uprising, Beyond the Labyrinth, Heroes of Ruin, Final Fantasy Thearhytm (I think that's how it is spelled
unsure.gif
), Luigi's Mansion 2. Want me to list more?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apex said:

Bullshit

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Centrix said:
I wish Sony would pull out of the handheld market already. Haven't they learned their lesson yet? All the Vita is a over glorified PSP with rounded corners and two touch screens and I can't see many games using the one on the back which is a awkward place for it any ways. I mean I'm hyped for it, I own a PSP Slim 20001 but lets face it the Vita is just another reason for Sony to stay in the Handheld market and try to dethrone Big N key word their was (TRY) not happening ever. Since Nintendos already fixed all the problems that users were complaining about the 3DS its sales are once again through the roof all over the world.

Sorry Sony as curious as I am about your system, remove the two touch screens and start being original once more then will talk ball!

PS: These are my opinions and mine alone, I base them on whats on the net in my game magazines and just on everything as a whole! From the time Sony showed off the Vita no was interested and that's hardly any real interest yet.

It is your opinion but to say it's a PSP with "rounded corners" and "two touch screens" is over simplifying it. I could easily say, by this logic, that the 3DS is just a DS with 3D. But even I can acknowledge that it's not.

And the PSP was pretty damn close to winning actually, at least at the start. And having as many sales as it did is far from "unsuccessful".

So having a touchscreen is unoriginal now? You realize almost every modern electronic handheld seems to use a touchscreen nowadays and for good reason. Not because it's a fad, but because it opens up so many options (navigating anything becomes infinitely easier, you can put any button on the screen essentially, the list goes on).

Plus, Sony could just be in the handheld market to, you know, make money. If they got cash off the PSP (which I'm sure they did) what's to stop them from not continuing on a route that could lead to more cash? They simply want to obviously take some of Nintendo's market because that's the crowd that will buy handhelds, it seems. Being competitive is something every company does, to get angry at Sony for it is simply silly.

No the PSP wasn't close to winning look at the sales between the DS and PSP seriously, and I agree with you in regards to me saying that the Vita is looks like a PSP with rounded corners, but it is...I make reference only to the design of the Vita not the innards of the Vita. I still think making a handheld that powerful is going over board, look at the PS3 when it came out I remember reading article after articles about how people weren't ready for a system that powerful. The last thing I've noticed while watching people play the Vita on the show floors at these conventions is how hard it looks on there hands trying to use the back touch screen! Don't believe me go watch some footage of some one playing Vita!

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
You two could not have missed the very-well illustrated point any more.

Yes, I'd like you to list more, this time actually list games that have been released that are worthwhile. When the 3DS was first released, it was released with a pretty puny helping of games, none of which were phenomenal, you guys jump at the PSV before it's 18+ announced games are even given names claiming most of them will be ports, when the only games that HAVE been released for the 3DS that give it the time of day are in fact ports. I'm not seeing any room here to so blatantly jump the fanboy-wagon and criticize someone for something that you're side handled much worse.

Is this clear enough, or do I have to break down each individual concept for you guys as well?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apex said:

Check again buddy!

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apex said:

Yes, I'd like you to list more, this time actually list games that have been released that are worthwhile. When the 3DS was first released, it was released with a pretty puny helping of games, none of which were phenomenal, you guys jump at the PSV before it's 18+ announced games are even given names claiming most of them will be ports, when the only games that HAVE been released for the 3DS that give it the time of day are in fact ports. I'm not seeing any room here to so blatantly jump the fanboy-wagon and criticize someone for something that you're side handled much worse.

Is this clear enough, or do I have to break down each individual concept for you guys as well?

Yeah 18+ and if we know Sony they'll all be crap with the exception of like two. If any one pays any attention to transitions over to the next gen systems like the GCN, PS2 and Xbox and so on then you'll know that ever new system takes time to get moving, go back and look at how many good games were actually released for all the current systems at their launch, I'm talking back to like PSX and N64 up to the 360 era; then get back to me! Then you'll see my point, it's a waiting game, buy the system/handheld then wait!
tongue.gif
we should all be use to it by now so darn it wait already and quit nagging Nintendo and tese other companies...lol

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Apex said:

Resident Evil Mercenaries, Ghost Recon, Samurai Warriors Chronicles, PilotWings Resort. I own all of these games and put lots of time into each.

Also, I wasn't bashing the Vita. I'm just pointing out that 3DS has gasmes too. And as far as we know, the Vita may not have a perfect launch either, as it's not out. Only time will tell.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
This Vita vs 3DS thing has to stop until all the Vita launch titles, and potential titles are announced, and the Vita is I don't know...actually released? I personally think the Vita is pretty competitive because of what you get for the money, but the same could be said for the 3DS after the price drop. Both systems have lots of ports, deal with it. Don't just fanboy, look at things objectively. (not saying everyone here is a fanboy...just saying)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Can we please stop talking the 3DS here? This is a vita-related conversation. The 3DS need not be in.

Likewise for 3DS related articles.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
emigre said:
Half of those games are just going to be ports. Sony seem to have an issue with originality.

and i bet at least one or two of those games will mysteriously get delayed if not even cancelled

im not gna be one of those first buyer-bait guys; although i would be absolutely aching to play LBP:Vita ... from what ive seen its as if the LBP should have been a handheld game anyway ! and also i wouldn't mind some Pee S 3 ports such as modnation racers (although i believe there would be a standalone new game instead) and uncharted.

im gna wait out the release of the Vita, until the first price slash if not even revision, same applies/has been applied to the 3DS for me at least .

nothing personal, im just so picky about handheld gaming.

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
Centrix said:
Yeah 18+ and if we know Sony they'll all be crap with the exception of like two. If any one pays any attention to transitions over to the next gen systems like the GCN, PS2 and Xbox and so on then you'll know that ever new system takes time to get moving, go back and look at how many good games were actually released for all the current systems at their launch, I'm talking back to like PSX and N64 up to the 360 era; then get back to me! Then you'll see my point, it's a waiting game, buy the system/handheld then wait!
tongue.gif
we should all be use to it by now so darn it wait already and quit nagging Nintendo and tese other companies...lol

You're funny, you know that right?
You're telling me to tease other companies? After a blatant show of fanboyism there. I'll guarantee not even a fraction of those games are being developed by Sony, they'll undoubtedly be developed by companies that are also developing for the 3DS, you know, Capcom, Square, Konami, you get the gist. I'm not teasing Nintendo here, I'm teasing you for being so one sided on things.

Also, for those of you who scoffed off the 18 games comment for the 3DS, not a single of of you named close to 18 games, naming 4 games is like naming 12 of the 50 states and expecting to pass your Jr. High Capitals test. Do it, seriously name 18 worthwhile games for the 3DS, original games, not Virtual Console ports, and remember if you go off naming ports, it's not helping your cause either.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this actual games? Or games and accessories? Because I remember hearing that the 3DS was getting 48 titles shown, but someone said it'll also be including accessories and such.

Either way, I hope to see Modnation Racers at TGS.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apex said:
Also, for those of you who scoffed off the 18 games comment for the 3DS, not a single of of you named close to 18 games, naming 4 games is like naming 12 of the 50 states and expecting to pass your Jr. High Capitals test. Do it, seriously name 18 worthwhile games for the 3DS, original games, not Virtual Console ports, and remember if you go off naming ports, it's not helping your cause either.

TBH I don't know if I can name 18 worthwhile games for the Vita currently, although it's not even released. I can maybe get like, I don't know, ten something.

QUOTE(Windaga @ Sep 1 2011, 07:47 PM) Is this actual games? Or games and accessories? Because I remember hearing that the 3DS was getting 48 titles shown, but someone said it'll also be including accessories and such.

Either way, I hope to see Modnation Racers at TGS.

I think this is just all games, otherwise they'd say accessories.

But yeah, I hope to see ModNation Racers a bit more too, the PSP one actually shaped out to be a rather fun cart racer and a great creation tool. It'll be nice to see it fleshed out even more on the Vita. If it's a launch title, I'd probably be getting that.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apex said:
Centrix said:
tongue.gif

You're funny, you know that right?
You're telling me to tease other companies? After a blatant show of fanboyism there. I'll guarantee not even a fraction of those games are being developed by Sony, they'll undoubtedly be developed by companies that are also developing for the 3DS, you know, Capcom, Square, Konami, you get the gist. I'm not teasing Nintendo here, I'm teasing you for being so one sided on things.

lol, one sided, funny how you see it, I was making a point about the launch on systems and how there are rarely any good games for them until like 6 months into their life span. So whose being one sided read the post the way its meant to be read, right!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes +1