Sony announces the PlayStation Classic

L-lead-hand-755x425.jpg

Sony is borrowing its best friend Nintendo's idea to bring its classic console in palm format. Meet the PlayStation Classic.

Announced in a blog post today, this miniature rehash of the classic console with a very original name will feature defining titles like Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Wild Arms and 17 other "legendary titles".

L-angle.jpg

20180919_095149.png

"The mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation, and it emulates the original’s look and feel by featuring similar controllers and packaging," reads the blog post.

Each unit will come bundled with an HDMI cable, a USB cable, and two controllers for local multiplayer within compatible titles.

Pre-loaded with 20 classic title, the new mini-console launches December 3 at an MSRP of $99.99.
:arrow: SOURCE

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder what games it'll have
My guess is at
- MGS
- RE & RE2
- Silent Hill
- FF7
I doubt they put Grandia on it

That price tag though. Sony, costing 20$ more than your competitors is not how you market.
you mean the competition that is selling older hardware for just 20$ cheaper?

Reactions: RivenMain and Prans

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
you mean the competition that is selling older hardware for just 20$ cheaper?
OTOH we haven't gotten to N64 Classic yet, who knows if they'll price that at $100 also because of the more demanding hardware requirements for emulation.
I actually just sat down and was about to edit my post because I realize my comment wasn't very clear and also had a lot of jaded ideas behind it. It's more costly for me because I know of cheaper alternatives like the Rpi3B+ and or SNES classic with a USB adapter. These are options that I am aware of because of my years in the hacking field. Thus seeing something like this my brain went into, "But I know cheaper options" because I do. Then I realized while I was making my ramen that obviously that's not how everyone else works and I should edit my post with a clarification before anyone replied.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins